KENNEDY CENTER SHOW YOUR REVIEWS WHAT DID YOU THINK?

Robert didn't seem to be enjoying that as much as Jimmy and Jonesy. I thought Kid Rock and Kravitz really rocked it.

I thought Robert seemed bored throughout the whole evening until the very end. There were times when he almost looked angry. I am a huge fan of Robert Plant (hence my screen name), but I have to be honest, he's not looking well these days.

The tribute had me in tears. It couldn't have been more perfect. I hope they finally realize how much they mean to the world. There wasn't one person in the audience that didn't just light up when LZ music was being performed.

The whole tribute was just so perfect in every way in my opinion.

With all due respect, none of the honorees are anyone's "warm up act." This - at least for me - was an especially wonderful lineup of honorees and I loved the entire show. I'd not heard of Beth Hart before tonight, but she was so great during the Buddy Guy segment that I'll be checking out her stuff. I love discovering music. (and pardon me if I'm really late to the Beth Hart party...but better late than never :) )

All in all, a quite magical evening.

Didn't mean it disrespectfully, I enjoyed the entire show too. Just thought ending with Zep was the only thing they could have done. Who could have followed that Stairway?...

thank you Geezer

I have read all the comments so far and have to say I teared up heavily at the transition G/B and wanted to play along

solo was fine, all three obvious to me they loved it- did see where Page non-verballed "careful with the solo mate"

beautifully done and seeing Jason pour himself out again is simply memorable for me. Such conviction and effort. Wow.

now wait a minute...

anyone catch which kit Jason in playing?

C'mon Dallas, do tell....I frankly can't identify one drum kit from another.

If you tell us that he was playing his dad's drums I will cry right now, and I am at work! Mascara will be everywhere! Lol :)

Jack Black has no clue... talking about Satan and heavy metal... two things that do NOT define Led Zeppelin... sorry could never stand the guy, ANYBODY but him doing the induction would have been better..... And the Foo Fighters doing their Godawful metal version of Rock and Roll... they also DONT get it...... AND CBS needs to be strangled for the horrible edits!!!.... Stairway needed to be heard complete and in all its glory, they obviously put a ton of work into that between the strings and the choir, etc.... Shame on you CBS!....... That being said, anything having to do with the mighty Zep is always worth watching and I thought that Stairway was VERY touching and the tribute to Bonzo with Jason and the choir all wearing bowler hats brought a tear to my eye as well..... It made me realise how much I miss this band.

Simply put, the solo is horrible. I love Jimmy's face when the solo starts.

I was wondering what Jimmy really thought as he had to watch someone else play it when's he's played it on his own since in the Arms Concert onwards. :DThe Foo Fighters doing Rock and Roll was horrible, I thought, but I loved the way Ann did Stairway. Robert's moved reaction was so sweet. I loved Jason's and Robert's exhange when he first came out. Actually, Jason in his bowler hat reminded me the pictures of Bonzo in his. :D I loved the show and Jimmy's reactions. Some were so him and really adorable.

I think it showed how much love there is between Robert and Jason, Robert was clearly wiping a tear from his eye, he still misses Bonzo so much. Jimmy showed immense pride in the performance, and when Jason stood up at the end and showed Robert, Jimmy and John Paul the heart symbol he made with his hands brought a tear to my eye. There is still a lot of deep love between Jason and Robert, Jimmy and John Paul. Very moving performance.

Kid Rock's band sounded great, so didn't Kid Rock when he singing and not grunting..

Kenny Aronoff is an incredible drummer.

Lenny Kravitz and his band sounded great.

Foo Fighters were good ... not great. A little disappointing.

The Wilson sisters were incredible.

A lot of people are ragging on the Guitar solo for Stairway To Heaven.

I thought he did fine.. and I'd be sh*tting myself if I was playing in front of The President of The United States ....and Jimmy Page.

Jeff Beck was there though honoring Buddy Guy and that could have been very cool if he played it..

It was nice to see Jason up there too and him and the choir all wearing the derby hats was awesome, touching..

I don't how people can say Robert looked bored or whatever.. To me, he was obviously very emotional..

Very nice to see the elegant and classy Mrs. Mo Jones sitting behind her musical genius husband of 47 years.

Page looked like he was having a blast.

I liked Jack Black and his comments were light hearted.

But when he said "best band ever" he wasn't being a goofball, he meant it.

I'm pretty sure he gestured a heart and meant he hearted the three of them. I certainly hope that the uncut performance becomes available somewhere.

Oh Man, when i read that O3 Comment, i was hopping around like Fucks, but gladly you sent me back to earth. please people, don't just post comments that ought to kill somebody.

Funny all the comments about LZ being heavy metal ... I never thought of them in those terms, but maybe that's because they preceded (I think) that genre. Could say they pointed people toward that kind of music.

I have to admit I don't get the eagerness of some to have a reformed LZ tour. I think the O2 provides that on DVD anytime you want to see it. Unfair to expect men at their age to be able to put on shows as they did night after night 30 years ago. Even with afternoon nap breaks.

Simply put, the solo is horrible. I love Jimmy's face when the solo starts.

I'll take the solo in Stairway to Heaven over Whole Lotta Love. Stairway to Heaven was definitely the best performance. I thought the choir was a very nice touch.

...and did anyone else hear "Buying-jing" ?

I'll take the solo in Stairway to Heaven over Whole Lotta Love. Stairway to Heaven was definitely the best performance. I thought the choir was a very nice touch.

...and did anyone else hear "Buying-jing" ?

Can't say I heard that ... what does "buying-jing" mean?

The Foos?

Taylor is not a great singer but it was alright... Their love and respect of Zep overcomes the shortcomings!

Not a fan of Kid Rock. I didn't feel it, I wish they had not cut his singing BIGLY it might have been better.

I have to admit, I have a new found respect for Lenny Kravitz.

He came across as sincere and rocked it on out! Seriously cool!

My husband has always been a HEART fan.

Me? Not so much.

But the Wilson sisters brought us to church! Zeppelin Church!!!

:D Loved that!

Dallas,,,

I noticed the kit also but guess he could always but a new face on the kick...It just would be incredible if it really was...I put the question to Jason on his FB page..

Hopefully we get a response..

Cheers,

B

I'm in the middle of nowhere and do not have access to CBS or Youtube, so I got up early this morning to read the reviews by Zep fans. Thank you for sharing so many details - I almost felt like I DID see it. I was describing the "Stairway to Heaven" details to a co-worker here about the bowler Jason wore - and got choked up just describing it!

Thanks again for sharing your takes on the honors! And thank you Jason, Jimmy, John, John Paul, and Robert......well, for EVERYTHING!

It was a good show aIl around and enjoyed the tribute and performances to Led Zep. What a way to end the show with loud, powerful performances that the KCH will probably never see again.

I am pretty sure that Jack Black will get criticized by some media types for calling them the Best band ever over the Beatles and Stones.

Not sure about anyone else but for me It was weird seeing MY FAVOURITE band getting honoured by the "establishment", I guess it was a confirmation what I have known from the first time I heard them more than 35 years ago that their music was epic,larger than life and influential.

Archived