2012/2013 NFL Playoffs

Anjin-san

Well, I guess we can call this the official "playoff predictions" thread. I'll make my picks later in the week, I'm still mulling over that Seahawks/Skins game & I'm a little worried about the Packers. Texans might choke too....

So the taters are the Redskins? After that kind of potatoe? Never heard that one. Anyway, I am with you as far as being on the fence on that Seattle/Wash game. And I do not think a week thinking about it will change matters. Its a tough one to figure. I say Washington has the better QB easily. But the better coach is Carrol. I am going to be cheering for Minnesota so i am going with my heart and total lack of respect for Green Bay's defense. But i know they will light it up at home. Minnesota must utilize Peterson and score often. Possible. Cincy is another tough call. I am going to go out on a limb there also. Anything can happen in these games. So here are my picks to win the game, not necessarily to cover.

Cincy (just edited while I still could-Yikes)

Baltimore

Minnesota

Seattle (but I could change my mind on this one? If I do, Ill make sure its well in advance-a true toss up)

It's tough betting against Minnesota right now. Keeping their offense and your defense off the field is a good thing in the playoffs. An old-fashioned, effective ground game can take a team a long way, especially if Ponder can make an occasional play and limit his mistakes. He has progressed during the second half of the season. Looking forward to this game next Saturday night....with some serious cold moving in this weekend. :ph34r:

The Vikes barely beat Green Bay in Minnesota. That was with home cookin' and perfect playing conditions. Not as easy to run on a slow field, which Green Bay does with their heating elements under the turf and it's not easy to through a cold ball with gloves on. Ponder played at FSU. All that leads me to think Green Bay will beats their asses.

Taters? Man. And they wanted to dump the Redskins because of the Indians. I dont know who the hell the taters are. So that is not a pick. -_-

And happy new year to you, too... :)

The Vikes barely beat Green Bay in Minnesota. That was with home cookin' and perfect playing conditions. Not as easy to run on a slow field, which Green Bay does with their heating elements under the turf and it's not easy to through a cold ball with gloves on. Ponder played at FSU. All that leads me to think Green Bay will beats their asses.

Agreed....but Minnesota can grind like the Giants, and the Pack doesn't match up well against teams that can control the football. I'm just talking possible playoff surprises....Minnesota or Seattle.

As for Lovie, at least I don't have to see 0-16 Marinelli on the Chicago sidelines every year. The media loves to sell you what a great coach this guy is....right before he's fired.

Sure - I'll jump in. It's a new year!

Bengals

Packers

Ravens

Taters

I'm so happy to see you've joined us, ebk! Good luck! :)

Is Houston playing possum? I think Green Bay definitely was, knowing they were going to play the Vikings again this week...they held something back.

So, lessee...I'll go with:

Cincinnati

Green Bay

Indianapolis

Seattle

I'm so happy to see you've joined us, ebk! Good luck! :)

Is Houston playing possum? I think Green Bay definitely was, knowing they were going to play the Vikings again this week...they held something back.

So, lessee...I'll go with:

Cincinnati

Green Bay

Indianapolis

Seattle

What? No Taters for you?

The Packers are a pass first team and Rogers stats are better in Domes, if the weather is cold like it will be their passing game will suffer, Ponder gave the Packers the game in their first meeting this year when they had them beat, Look for Peterson to have another big day and the Vikings grind out a win, I think this is the most scary team right now.

The Packers are a pass first team and Rogers stats are better in Domes, if the weather is cold like it will be their passing game will suffer, Ponder gave the Packers the game in their first meeting this year when they had them beat, Look for Peterson to have another big day and the Vikings grind out a win, I think this is the most scary team right now.

I am hoping you are right and I hope Peterson runs all over them. Peterson is great. You should put your picks in. Then it will be you, Anjinsan and myself as the only three that picked Minnesota I believe?

I am hoping you are right and I hope Peterson runs all over them. Peterson is great. You should put your picks in. Then it will be you, Anjinsan and myself as the only three that picked Minnesota I believe?

"Do what you you do!" -- Ray Lewis

Archived