2012/2013 NFL Playoffs

Anjin-san

Seattle vs Washington

RGIII vs Russel Wilson

Who in the fuck is Russel Wilson? Who in the fuck are the "taters"?

RG is no doubt the better QB. But the concensus is the "taters" have NO CHANCE.

Very strange. I believe the real advantage is Pete Carrol over Shanahan.

I'm so tempted to change my picks...particularly having second thoughts about my Colts pick. But I'll keep 'em as they are.

I am tempted to change my Cincy pick to Houston. It's just Houston limped into the playoffs so badly and the Bengals are a solid team on both sides of the ball. Dome emotion is what I fear the most, plus Schaub is 2-0 v the 'nati. I'll stick with Cincinnati though. ;)

Ha, ha. Tater-mania is running wild. :lol: If RGIII was a 100% healthy, I think more people would be picking the Skins. Griffin broke off a few runs against the Cowboys but it wasn't the same explosive RGIII we saw earlier in the season. And he's going to have to pass for more than 80 yds to beat the Seahawks. But I believe that Seatlle can be had on the road, this is the same team that lost to Detroit and Miami on the road, so there you have it.

It seems like all the "experts" are picking the Bengals tomorrow to upset the Texans. Nobody has faith in Houston anymore.

I am tempted to change my Cincy pick to Houston. It's just Houston limped into the playoffs so badly and the Bengals are a solid team on both sides of the ball. Dome emotion is what I fear the most, plus Schaub is 2-0 v the 'nati. I'll stick with Cincinnati though. ;)

I feel like you on this one. I am on the fucking clothes line. Will keep the pick, close my eyes and pray. Picking the Bungles to win a playoff game? I must be on drugs.

Seattle vs Washington

RGIII vs Russel Wilson

Who in the fuck is Russel Wilson? Who in the fuck are the "taters"?

RG is no doubt the better QB. But the concensus is the "taters" have NO CHANCE.

Very strange. I believe the real advantage is Pete Carrol over Shanahan.

C'mon Rick, you're sounding like a novice. Wilson selflessly ran the ball in at the end of the game, instead of throwing it to tie Peyton Manning's rookie record for TD passes. He doesn't have any big time receivers. Beat out the high priced Matt Flynn for the starting job. I like what Seattle has going on. My son is a fan of them, so I watched a lot of their games this season. Washington may still win, based on home field advantage/emotion - but I still feel Seattle is a way better team than the 'skins. Washington does not turn the ball over, that's how they stay close and win games. If the Seahawks can grab a pick or force a fumble, they will curb-stomp the 'skins.

C'mon Rick, you're sounding like a novice. Wilson selflessly ran the ball in at the end of the game, instead of throwing it to tie Peyton Manning's rookie record for TD passes. He doesn't have any big time receivers. Beat out the high priced Matt Flynn for the starting job. I like what Seattle has going on. My son is a fan of them, so I watched a lot of their games this season. Washington may still win, based on home field advantage/emotion - but I still feel Seattle is a way better team than the 'skins. Washington does not turn the ball over, that's how they stay close and win games. If the Seahawks can grab a pick or force a fumble, they will curb-stomp the 'skins.

Walter, I am picking Seattle. And I am betting on them. I am only asking why their is not more support for Washington?

Walter, I am picking Seattle. And I am betting on them. I am only asking why their is not more support for Washington?

Because the Redskins are barely over .500!

If Tony OhNo and Dallas wasn't a complete choke artist Washington wouldn't even be in the playoffs. RGIII looked rather ordinary against the Cowboys. How Jason Garrett still has a job is a mystery.

Seattle finished 11-5. Their defense is better and they are due to play well on the road. I have a friend who is a major Seahawk fan, so I'm going a little with my heart on this one, too.

Oh, and Rick? Enough with the what's a tater questions...it's not that hard to figure out.

The only under dog you didn't take was Cincinnati. No love for Marvin's cats.

Not so much that as the Texans are playing at home and I think they are a much better team than they've shown of late.

Last I looked, Seahawks were 3 point favorites over the Skins'. It'll be a close one and probably the game of the weekend

IMHO, no matter what the pack tries to do, Perderson should be able to run through their front 7 all day long

The Colts are my only..not so sure pick.. but I like the fact that they're young and hungry.

Cut down on the sugar! :P

Yeah, what he says. You know it will not start on time. Trust me I work in DC. Nothing ever starts on time, even though it is really in The Old Line State.

My bad!! This one's in Houston. NBC will sill milk th air time Game will start around 15 til

^^ Of course you only care your bets, you gambling fiend. :P What can I tell you, I'm a sports fan. So what if my team isn't in it, it's still the playoffs. Doesn't get more exciting than this, aside from the MLB postseason.

I am just bustin. I can understand your excitement. I used to have it. But when your team does not make the playoffs for 13 yrs you feel old. Expecially when you lose 4 Super Bowls and your last game on the Music City miracle

See Rick that's what I don't get - and I'm glad I don't get - how can you only watch because of a bet? You don't enjoy the athleticism? You don't enjoy the finality of a playoff game? The pressure, the history being created or duplicated? I don't have a dog in the playoff (even though I am pulling for the Ravens overall) fight, but I still will watch and enjoy the games because it is the game being played at the highest level of talent and precision! Enjoy everyone, no matter the reason you are watching. Good luck on your bets, Rick.

:peace:

Warren Sapp was the "lone wolf", picking the Bengals in the early game on NFL Network.

Marshal Faulk was the "lone wolf", picking the Vikings in the late game.

Are you guys ready for playoff football, or what? :yesnod:

Archived