2012/2013 NFL Playoffs

Anjin-san

When did jb ever disrespect you? All she did was post the teams she picked...she didn't mention you or call you out.

Yet you responded with two whole lines of hysterical emoticons...one emoticon would have been sufficient...as if she was not worth listening to. Why? Because she's a woman? She's a woman who kicked all of our asses(except Walter) this season.

But I've noticed this sort of sexist condescension towards the women on this forum before...Deborah, Lakey, FireOpal, ebk, slave to zep, Kate, JayCee, Victoria7, LedZepGirl, Knebby and others have had to deal with it.

Now if it had been me making the picks, your dismissive laughter would have been warranted.

At 3-5, I'm on thin ice.

But you're not the only one who knows football and you're not the only one who makes money betting football.

First of all I did not know it was a HER. Second of all here you go again with you scolding attitude over NOTHING. I posted a few emoticons because I picked the other teams. You read too much into it and are looking to start something here. Why dont you let other people stand up for their own picks instead of acting like this?

First of all I did not know it was a HER. Second of all here you go again with you scolding attitude over NOTHING. I posted a few emoticons because I picked the other teams. You read too much into it and are looking to start something here. Why dont you let other people stand up for their own picks instead of acting like this?

I was scolding you in response to your "I'll give respect when I receive it" line, since jb hadn't done anything...it was an unwarranted line, imo. That's all.

Lets just forget it

Since you've been on a good roll (with your offshore accounts?), I believe you should welcome all of us regulars to your neck of the woods for a meet 'n greet happy hour, with a local fare catered buffet. Include round trip air fare for us, and hotel accomodations too.

We can discuss next season.

You really think Atlanta can pull it off?

Since you've been on a good roll (with your offshore accounts?), I believe you should welcome all of us regulars to your neck of the woods for a meet 'n greet happy hour, with a local fare catered buffet. Include round trip air fare for us, and hotel accomodations too.

We can discuss next season.

You really think Atlanta can pull it off?

Well I have X amount of dollars in my off shore account with two cities listed. And they are not San Fran or Boston. So YES I THINK THEY CAN WIN!!! I also have alot of action on hockey and the NBA,. The NBA has been far kinder to me than football over the long haul, but recently i have done well in football.

Well, we don't always get the matchup we want. Going into these playoffs, I wanted Green Bay and Denver & obviously that's not going to happen. :rolleyes:

But I'll be happy with the "Harbaugh" bowl, provided we get it.

If not for a stupid fumble and a missed chip shot off the post last year, you would have and should have had it. San Fran should have won the Super Bowl last year. So this year the team that did win it, the Giants, had a must win game at Atlanta in week 16. End result? Atlanta 34 Giants 0. Proof that Atlanta is dangerous as hell,. And Turner is the real deal at running back. Ryan is a good pocket QB. Kapernick, sure he can run. So can Vick. And so can Atlanta's defenders.

While sexual assualt charges are nothing to sneeze at, it's good to know Crabtree will be in the game tomorrow. Nothing shall deter the '9ers in their mission to romp & stomp their way to New Orleans.

They can slap the cuffs on his ass right after they get lit up by Turner and the Falcoms. He can watch the Super Bowl from the local jail. Get ready for your ass whippin Paul. Double ass whippiin. Atlanta and Baltimroe will not only cover, they will win outright.

^^ I actually picked Baltimore to win tomorrow. Can't wait for Sunday when Colin Kaepernick runs circles around the Atlanta defense. I wonder what you are going to do with yourself. :P;)

i highly doubt it. You are counting on a QB running the football to win a title game? Ok. I believe Atlanta and SF is the early game. I get a triple header. Sabres vs Flyers on at 1230

Falcons vs 49'ers 3:30

Pats vs Ravens 6:30

Thanks. Rather strange. I would have figured the opposite? New England being the farthest city to the East. But no western time zones so they had their choice. I still cannot bellieve these point spreads. Nuts. Atlanta plus 4 at home? Ill take that. The straight up payoff on a Falcons and Ravens parlay for a $10 wager is $90!!!! Not bad.

Thanks. Rather strange. I would have figured the opposite? New England being the farthest city to the East. But no western time zones so they had their choice. I still cannot bellieve these point spreads. Nuts. Atlanta plus 4 at home? Ill take that. The straight up payoff on a Falcons and Ravens parlay for a $10 wager is $90!!!! Not bad.

Ratings my friend. New England is the Bigger draw. They want the northeast market set in Primetime. If its a nice day in Cali they'll head for the beach. Jared Johnson# 95 was talking about the SanDiego fans. They are actually bad weather fans. They watch the games if it is an alternative to doing nothing.

Ok, I guess I should finally make my picks, eh?

Let's start with the first game: San Francisco @ Atlanta.

Since the 80s, which is when modern football as we know it started with Bill Walsh's 49ers, there have been 6 road-favourites in the Conference Championship Game. All but one of them won the game and also covered the spread.

The only road-favourite team that didn't win? The stupid Philadelphia Eagles, of course, when they lost to the Arizona Cardinals. But then Las Vegas should have known better...they were not only flouting the "Andy Reid chokes in the playoffs" rule, they were flouting God(Kurt Warner).

Seattle should have beaten Atlanta last week. San Francisco is better than Seattle...and they don't usually beat themselves with silly mistakes like Seattle did. Matt Ryan still hasn't shown me anything yet...he still threw TWO interceptions last week. I think he's good for two more this week and San Francisco will make him pay for his mistakes.

I also like San Francisco's defense better than Atlanta's. They pretty much bottled up Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay in the second half except for a late, cheap score, while Atlanta was shredded by Russell Wilson and the Seahawks. Now here comes Colin Kaepernick, who is even better than Russell Wilson.

And Frank Gore is better in the clutch and less fumble-prone than Marshawn Lynch, so look for the 49ers to have more success running the ball than Seattle.

So I like San Francisco in this game. Besides, since Hurricane Katrina...no even before that, since Drew Brees and Reggie Bush arrived to New Orleans the same year, the Saints have been my second-favourite team. Atlanta is hated by New Orleans fans...no Saints fan wants to see the Dirty Birds celebrating a Super Bowl in the New Orleans Superdome. No fucking way.

2nd game: Baltimore @ New England

At long last, America's nightmare will be over...Ray Lewis is playing his last game and we finally won't have to see that stupid dance of his anymore. Oh, and isn't it hypocritical in this week of Lance Armstrong that nobody is asking questions about Ray Lewis and PEDs? 30 tackles in two games mere weeks after suffering a torn triceps muscle? Something is fishy.

Plus, I still have issues about that murder in 2000 that preclude me from getting misty-eyed and sentimental over Ray Lewis retiring.

Baltimore, like Atlanta, is another team that shouldn't even be here. These games should be Seattle @ San Francisco and New England @ Denver. But the Bronco's secondary had brain lock, John Fox turned into Andy Reid and Norv Turner combined, and Peyton Manning did his usual playoff fold.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Brady and Belichick usually don't make elemental mistakes like Denver/Seattle did last week. Joe Flacco is not going to be able to heave a 70 yard TD bomb to a wide open receiver with 30 seconds left.

A key in this game will be New England's sneaky running game. Everyone always talks about Brady and the passing attack but when the Patruots are successful, it's usually because their running game is clicking, too. I think New England will surprise Baltimore by being able to effectively run and thus, set up Brady for the play-action.

My picks for today's games:

San Francisco

New England

Those two teams took care of business last week, winning convincingly. Baltimore and Atlanta got here courtesy of choke-jobs by Denver and Seattle and their coaching staffs. The coaching staffs of the 49ers and the Patriots are two of the finest in the league...better than Atlanta, better than Baltimore.

Atlanta and Baltimore got an extra-week reprieve. Their vacation starts tonight when the 49ers and Patriots send them home packing.

I did place a couple bets for money...I took Baltimore plus the 9 points and the under on that game.

I stayed away from the other game, though.

Yeah baby! I'm ready for some football.

Again, my picks:

San Francisco

New England

What tips my scales:

Can Atlanta handle the national stage without choking?

Belichick is a master of detail.

Good luck to all.

Ratings my friend. New England is the Bigger draw. They want the northeast market set in Primetime. If its a nice day in Cali they'll head for the beach. Jared Johnson# 95 was talking about the SanDiego fans. They are actually bad weather fans. They watch the games if it is an alternative to doing nothing.

I assure you the Patriot fans wont be at the dam beach..every seat at Gillette will be full.There have been snow games there and one year they played the Titans in a playoff game it was -20 and the place was packed

Archived