Eric Clapton at the 02?

beatles......represented paul m'cartney

elvis presley......represented lisa marie

rolling stones....represented mick jagger

pink floyd.......represented gavid gilmor

queen........represented brian may

Jeff Beck

Clapton??????????????????????

something about him and jimmy jamming at his parents house when they were teenagers

Eric made it plain in his recent autobiography that he dissaproved of Zeppelins take on the blues.He was always critical of them.

He was bemused to find that he had unconsciously re-written Stairway as one of his own songs however!.

Eric made it plain in his recent autobiography that he dissaproved of Zeppelins take on the blues.He was always critical of them.

He was bemused to find that he had unconsciously re-written Stairway as one of his own songs however!.

which song?

so I guess Clapton is god afterall....

Clapton Guests With Jeff Beck In London

On 29 November, Eric Clapton was Jeff Beck's surprise guest during Jeff's run of shows at Ronnie Scott's. The famed club, which can play host to only 200 people, is located in London's Soho. Eric stepped out at the end of last Thursday's show to jam on the Muddy Waters' songs, "You Need Love" and "Little Brown Bird." All of the shows were filmed for DVD release.

I'm still looking into if he was at Jimmy's O2 gig.

Roger Taylor was there, too.

--LG

beatles......represented paul m'cartney

elvis presley......represented lisa marie

rolling stones....represented mick jagger

pink floyd.......represented gavid gilmor

queen........represented brian may

Jeff Beck

Clapton??????????????????????

Clapton Guests With Jeff Beck In London

On 29 November, Eric Clapton was Jeff Beck's surprise guest during Jeff's run of shows at Ronnie Scott's. The famed club, which can play host to only 200 people, is located in London's Soho. Eric stepped out at the end of last Thursday's show to jam on the Muddy Waters' songs, "You Need Love" and "Little Brown Bird." All of the shows were filmed for DVD release.

I'm still looking into if he was at Jimmy's O2 gig.

Yes he was I saw him upstairs in the VIP section of the Indigo aftershow

I don't approve of his take on the blues as well.

*Yuck*

If Clapton is God then I'm an atheist.

Either that or Jimmy is better than God, as the saying goes.

I don't approve of his take on the blues as well.

*Yuck*

If Clapton is God then I'm an atheist.

Either that or Jimmy is better than God, as the saying goes.

I think there are guitar gods.....

page is zeus

hendrix is poseidon

beck is atlas

I know Pete Townsend was supposed to be there, but when he heard Zeppelin was on the bill he said "they don't need me" and didn't show

I believe this is incorrect, just hearsay that won't die.

Why on earth would he screw his own manager, Bill Curbishley, a trustee of the Ertegun Foundation, like that? Jimmy and Robert both performed at his Teenage Cancer Trust Benefit in London in 2002 and Robert again in 2005. He cancelled only AFTER the original date of November 26th was rescheduled for December 10th.

Eric made it plain in his recent autobiography that he dissaproved of Zeppelins take on the blues.however!.

A message to Eric"yawn"Clapton

I think what Zeppelin did with the blues was refreshing, unlike Clapton who would just mimick it like a tribute band(boring) in fact his playing bores me to tears !!

The strange thing is I don't really like the blues as a whole, yet the bands I like took stuff from the blues and created something new (Hendrix, Zep,Purple etc)!! So I guess I am not a huge fan of original blues !! <_<

Anyway back to topic, who cares if Clapton was at the gig !!!

Clapton may be one of the best of all time, but him dissapproving of Zep's "take" on the blues is sour grapes. Clapton is a great blues imitator while Zeppelin took the blues, turned it inside out, and practically created a new genre of rock music.

Clapton is jealous pure and simple

Clapton may be one of the best of all time, but him dissapproving of Zep's "take" on the blues is sour grapes. Clapton is a great blues imitator while Zeppelin took the blues, turned it inside out, and practically created a new genre of rock music.

Clapton is jealous pure and simple

Jealous? Probably not. Clapton has experienced much success in his career. I see no good reason for him to be jealous of Zeppelin or Jimmy Page.

Clapton is such a blues purist that his scope of what the blues should sound like, or how one is to interpret the blues, is probably pretty narrow. He would probably dislike most anyone who breaks outside of those "boundries". Personally, I like Clapton, he has a lot of quality work out there, but he's not necessarily one of my favorites. I'm not however, going to get worked up over him not liking Zeppelin or anyone not liking Zeppelin for that matter. Who cares if he doesn't?

I believe this is incorrect, just hearsay that won't die.

Why on earth would he screw his own manager, Bill Curbishley, a trustee of the Ertegun Foundation, like that? Jimmy and Robert both performed at his Teenage Cancer Trust Benefit in London in 2002 and Robert again in 2005. He cancelled only AFTER the original date of November 26th was rescheduled for December 10th.

He cancelled way before the reschedule. This is from his own blog:

"I pulled out of the Ahmet Ertegun benefit the day I heard Led Zep were performing," writes Townshend. "They really don't need me, and I will probably perform at some future event for the Ertegun Foundation... If you are going to the show, have a great time. I am delighted Robert, Jimmy, John and Jason are back in black. I wish them well. I will be warming up mince pies."

Archived