Led Zeppelin v Black Sabbath

weslgarlic

In the 1960's The Rolling Stones and The Beatles would ring each up to see if the other had a single or album due out , so they did not release on the same day , so limiting chart competition , the way Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath albums line -up I wonder if had a similar deal going on. They were friends from around the midlands scene maybe it went the other way and they were in competition , quality wise they compare in order

LED ZEPPELIN V BLACK SABBATH

LED ZEPPELIN 2 V PARANOID

LED ZEPPELIN 3 V MASTERS OF REALITY

LED ZEPPELIN 4 V VOLUME 4

HOUSES OF THE HOLY V SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH

PHSYICAL GRAFFITTI V SABOTAGE

PRESCENCE V TECHNICAL ESCTASY

IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR V NEVER SAY DIE

SONG REMAINS THE SAME V LIVE AT LAST

CELEBRATION DAY V REUNION

BLOW FOR BLOW THEIR EQUALS

Two of my favorite bands.

LZ I over Black Sabbath

Paranoid over LZII

LZIII over Master of Reality

LZIV over Vol. 4

HOTH over Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Physical Graffiti over Sabotage

Presence over Technical Ecstasy

ITTOD over Never Say Die

Live Evil over TSRTS

Reunion over Celebration Day

Two of my favorite bands.

LZ I over Black Sabbath

Paranoid over LZII

LZIII over Master of Reality

LZIV over Vol. 4

HOTH over Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Physical Graffiti over Sabotage

Presence over Technical Ecstasy

ITTOD over Never Say Die

Live Evil over TSRTS

Reunion over Celebration Day

You sneaked in Live Evil , I was tried to compare the Ozzy years (first era) because they were around the same , both released 2 average albums and made a comeback live album.

I could have put How the west was won v past lives

LED ZEPPELIN V BLACK SABBATH

LED ZEPPELIN 2 V PARANOID

LED ZEPPELIN 3 V MASTERS OF REALITY

LED ZEPPELIN 4 V VOLUME 4

HOUSES OF THE HOLY V SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH

PHSYICAL GRAFFITTI V SABOTAGE

PRESCENCE V TECHNICAL ESCTASY

IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR V NEVER SAY DIE

SONG REMAINS THE SAME V LIVE AT LAST

BLOW FOR BLOW THEIR EQUALS

http://forums.ledzep...post__p__640180

How very unoriginal of you,but I wouldn't have expected more from a brain dead troll like you that continues to open nonsensical,time wasting threads.

Wake up or piss off.Or better yet,do both.

NSD > ITTOD, I'll give you that.

The only other one that comes close is Paranoid/LZ2, because I think LZ2 is their second weakest album.

First of all, Black Sabbath, who I like, is not in the same league with LZ. Cannot play anywhere close to their ability. And are you going to tell me Ozzy has a voice like Robert? Ha.

As for Old Shep saying Led Zeppelin II is their second weakest album, I cannot believe he said that. I rate II, as a tie for second best with PG behind IV. Paranoid may be Sabbath's defining album. Its still not as good as ANY LZ album

First of all, Black Sabbath, who I like, is not in the same league with LZ. Cannot play anywhere close to their ability. And are you going to tell me Ozzy has a voice like Robert? Ha.

As for Old Shep saying Led Zeppelin II is their second weakest album, I cannot believe he said that. I rate II, as a tie for second best with PG behind IV. Paranoid may be Sabbath's defining album. Its still not as good as ANY LZ album

I'll 2nd those statements !

Opinions, man. Some people may think Paranoid is better than any Zeppelin album, or may prefer Ozzy's voice. No one is right or wrong, it's all opinions. Not facts.

In the 1960's The Rolling Stones and The Beatles would ring each up to see if the other had a single or album due out , so they did not release on the same day , so limiting chart competition , the way Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath albums line -up I wonder if had a similar deal going on. They were friends from around the midlands scene maybe it went the other way and they were in competition , quality wise they compare in order

I doubt they (BS and LZ) had any type of deal holding off releasing albums so they wouldn't compete.

Look below ... Not one of the dates line up at all! The closest release date comparison is 6 months apart.

The Beatles and Stones would wait maybe a couple of WEEKS so their singles would get more exposure..

LED ZEPPELIN January 1969

V BLACK SABBATH February 1970

LED ZEPPELIN 2October 1969

V PARANOID Sept 1970

I think Sabbath did somewhat model Paranoid after LZ2 right down to having the drum solo song as the second to last track..

LED ZEPPELIN 3 Oct 1970

V MASTERS OF REALITY July 1971

LED ZEPPELIN 4 Nov 1971

V VOLUME 4 Sept 1972

HOUSES OF THE HOLY March 1973

V SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH Dec 1973

PHYSICAL GRAFFITI Feb 1975

V SABOTAGE July 1975

PRESENCE March 1976

V TECHNICAL ECSTASY Sept 1976

IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR Aug 1979

V NEVER SAY DIE Sept 1978

SONG REMAINS THE SAME 1976

V LIVE AT LAST 1981

This wasn't even an authorized release by Black Sabbath

Released 13 years apart. but yes.. both were historical reunion shows.

BLOW FOR BLOW THEIR EQUALS - Opinion..

I love both bands. But I would say they're very different. Black Sabbath did get more sophisticated in the studio as they went along. But they were never in my opinion as strong a studio band as Led Zeppelin.. Jimmy Page is simply the Best Producer in the history of Hard Rock. Tony Iommi got very good at producing as well... He basically co-produced everything from MOR on. The raw quality is what made Black Sabbath great. I wouldn't say Zeppelin were ever raw.

There are / were close friendships between both bands. John Bonham was Tony Iommi's best man at his 1st wedding.. I think they influenced each other .. Led Zeppelin definitely influenced Sabbath and I wouldn't be surprised if Sabbath influenced Zeppelin a few times as well. John Bonham loved Supernaut. I think that's as far as it went. Any band listens to what's going on out there and they will be influenced. I think both bands just went about their business.

Again the album release dates don't line up at all.

Also, There are quite a few threads about Black Sabbath / Led Zeppelin. Can you try using the search engine for existing threads? Granted, there isn't a thread for "Should men have to wear ties to work"? But it's a pretty safe bet that a Black Sabbath / Led Zeppelin thread already exists..... It seems like you're in a race to see how many threads you can create.

I saw Sabbath in 78, on the Never Say Die tour.

Head East was their opening act.

In my opinion, and others who were with me, Head East blew Sabbath out of the water.

I had hardly heard of Head East, I remember how stunned we all were.

I never was fortunate enough to see Zeppelin live, but many of my friends did.

I can not imagine anyone blowing Zeppelin out of the water live.

Music appreciation and taste is subjective, so this is just my opinion.

Here is a thread started a while ago, with the same idea...

fair enough , but my search does n't work

I suppose that all new threads could have had posts that would have fitted on a pervious thread , look how wide zeppelins threads are, there must be at least 4 coverdale/page threads

Archived