The Rover

unleasher

was truly hoping The Rover would be done at the O2...

no reason ever given that I have seen or heard- other than the Sick Again intro for '77, they did music only during WLL in Sydney in '72 and on 7/6/73 rehearsal in Chicago they did a run through and Bonzo did a little bit of it during a check at Knebworth and that was that so far as I have heard. But I don't have the extensive collection like many do here.

written at Bron-Yr-Aur, recorded at StarGroves for HOTH initially as an acoustic song.

The Rover and Down By the Seaside... I used to love falling asleep with the headphones on listening to PG.

I used to love falling asleep with the headphones on listening to PG.

That makes both of us. The Beatles Rubber Soul is also a great listen after a very stressfull day.

The Rover is such an amazing song, they probably never did it because it made Robert push to much of his vocals,

but still, I think he could sing it by 1977 when he got his voice back, nevermind 1980.

Do they really need a reason? Some songs they just didn't play live just cause. They did play it as an intro to Sick Again on the 77 tour, and that is as close to a live Rover you're gonna get.

but didn't they have a reason for why they didn't play certain things like Levee because they couldn't bring in some musical equipment ? i wondered why they didn't play the Rover and was going to ask if plant and page or plant himself ever played it after led zeppelin.

i do like the rehearsal of it that we have though.

I have a Theory About this actually, i think they never played it live because it was so ... er, light !! i mean, the bass line and the main riff are very monstrous, yes, but also, very light and lack a bit of loudness present is all the songs they played live ... i Love the rover, it's one of my top ten actually, but when they played that snippet in '77, i honestly didn't quite feel it.

would have been great if it were on the rehearsal dvd, apparently it was said they had played it in rehearsal. with the 02 performance, they could have played any song well. phish plays a good version on youtube, from a few yrs ago, it sounds so good and they're having so much fun playing it.

Archived