talking pets

weslgarlic

These are my babies that have grown since this was taken. Our older cat that is 12 is just a pure fucking monster. He will not accept the kittens. He will lick the female down below the perverted fucker, will play nice for a short time with both and then he gets nasty. We have had it. We are seperating them for good. Different rooms. We bought this little tower scratching post, with some twine and carpet for the kittens to claw rather than our furniture. What word it can be. Any magical suggestions? And I dont mean using my 9mm on them either.

I move my cats to the scratching post if they start in on the furniture but they do have minds of their own and short memories too. Try putting a bit of catnip on the scratching post, some cats like that. Your cats are gorgeous. I have an orange male and black female, both 3 years old. Never had a male cat before and I can't believe the energy this guy has, he has to be entertained 24/7. Plus I think he was taken from mother too early as he insists on being on or with me all the time. Communal bathing is normal and mine do it too although the male is way too aggressive and the female ends up hissing and running from him after a short while.

These are my babies that have grown since this was taken. Our older cat that is 12 is just a pure fucking monster. He will not accept the kittens. He will lick the female down below the perverted fucker, will play nice for a short time with both and then he gets nasty. We have had it. We are seperating them for good. Different rooms. We bought this little tower scratching post, with some twine and carpet for the kittens to claw rather than our furniture. What word it can be. Any magical suggestions? And I dont mean using my 9mm on them either.

You know things might calm down now that the kittens are fixed. Also the older male is probably feeling like his territory has been challenged and he's jealous of the attention the kittens get. Showing him some TLC might improve your situation with their coexisting.

You know things might calm down now that the kittens are fixed. Also the older male is probably feeling like his territory has been challenged and he's jealous of the attention the kittens get. Showing him some TLC might improve your situation with their coexisting.

Thanks for this advise but we are very aware of this. we have given him tons of TLC and he is impossible. He even gaurds their little scratch tower we bought them. Its got carpeting and twine. The kittens are good after the surgery. Have them in a spare carpeted room overnight. They slept with my wife and I last night. 7 am in the morning I hear the male, under the bed and he would not stop making noise with some papers and I was wondering if he was stuck? No. I took the folder from him and went back around the bed and he went after my foot. My wife asked "did an alligator get you?" Ha. Yes was my reply. He loves to sneak attack you. Damn, even with trimmed claws he has a good set of chompers on him too. I am nuts about then all.

Thanks for this advise but we are very aware of this. we have given him tons of TLC and he is impossible. He even gaurds their little scratch tower we bought them. Its got carpeting and twine. The kittens are good after the surgery. Have them in a spare carpeted room overnight. They slept with my wife and I last night. 7 am in the morning I hear the male, under the bed and he would not stop making noise with some papers and I was wondering if he was stuck? No. I took the folder from him and went back around the bed and he went after my foot. My wife asked "did an alligator get you?" Ha. Yes was my reply. He loves to sneak attack you. Damn, even with trimmed claws he has a good set of chompers on him too. I am nuts about then all.

The alligator, great name. Glad the kittens are doing well. It really does sound like the alligator is jealous of the kittens; hope he adjusts to his older brother status. That attack plan of his is hard on the ankles. My orange boy needs attention all the time and begins to vocalize if he doesn't get any. Then he starts jumping up to the highest places he can find which scares me because they can fall and break limbs. He only resorts to the high places after he's knocked everything he can move off table surfaces. There is a guy called, literally, the cat whisperer or something like that on YouTube ... his video of a bengal (they require a lot of daily activity) is hilarious. I found that the cat dancer toy works sometimes for my tom, it gives him a good workout.

The alligator, great name. Glad the kittens are doing well. It really does sound like the alligator is jealous of the kittens; hope he adjusts to his older brother status. That attack plan of his is hard on the ankles. My orange boy needs attention all the time and begins to vocalize if he doesn't get any. Then he starts jumping up to the highest places he can find which scares me because they can fall and break limbs. He only resorts to the high places after he's knocked everything he can move off table surfaces. There is a guy called, literally, the cat whisperer or something like that on YouTube ... his video of a bengal (they require a lot of daily activity) is hilarious. I found that the cat dancer toy works sometimes for my tom, it gives him a good workout.

Actually the male kitten is the alligator that attacked my feet. The 12 yr old male is kept away from the kittens the snarly old meany that he is. He is more of a bobcat than a cat. He is sucking up to me now that the kittens are confined. I am not happy with his actions. But what can I do?

What is this thread about - talking (about) pets, or pets that can talk?

Can those kittens talk?

This Thread is what ever you want it to be. Just like most of Wesley's thread. He really does not give a left nad. So you can ask post the same type of question in the other 80 so pointless threads he has started. Why don't you give tennis a shot?

This Thread is what ever you want it to be. Just like most of Wesley's thread. He really does not give a left nad. So you can ask post the same type of question in the other 80 so pointless threads he has started. Why don't you give tennis a shot?

:hysterical::hysterical:

Actually the male kitten is the alligator that attacked my feet. The 12 yr old male is kept away from the kittens the snarly old meany that he is. He is more of a bobcat than a cat. He is sucking up to me now that the kittens are confined. I am not happy with his actions. But what can I do?

A friend turned me on to a book, Think Like a Cat. Most of the stuff is known to cat slaves like us, but there are some good points such as it's natural and normal, if you think like a cat, to see the world as prey-filled. Anything that moves, particularly away from them, is prey and to be captured. They don't make the distinction between our feet and a mouse and don't realize we aren't playing with them when a tantalizing foot passes before them. Howling in pain sometimes impresses upon them it's a no-go activity. Your kitty is still on a learning curve. I'm sure your 12 year old boy is enjoying one on one time with you, he probably misses that with the arrival of the kittens. What I'm having trouble with is the how to train a cat away from unwanted behaviour. You have to find what motivates the cat (food, attention, etc.) and work with that. I fear my big orange boy will become a blimp from treats given for good behaviour, not to mention it will become my new full-time job feeding him. At least he'll be too fat to jump up on my wardrobes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

my landlord doesnt let me have any pets but i have a cat anyway that i keep inside. if i ever have my own home i could see myself having too many pets.

• 3 weeks later...

The two kittens we rescued are doing great and getting bigger. We keep them upstairs and seperate from the old 13 year old male who we are having major problems with. He is vomiting often. He has asthma to boot. they gave him a steroid injection. Now he sort of dry heaves a white foam, lie spit for lack of a better term and yesterday in several places near the downstairs hallway leading out. We do not want to put him down unless we have to. We do not think he is in pain? I have done some online research but it could be alot of things. I am going to ask the vet for a human med that is like Prilosac. I am going to tell her "let me know a safe dose because I am going to try it whether you approve or not". I am not going to get financially raped by the only overnight clinic that does in depth testing and it cost you a fortune just to walk in the door there. They are fucking vultures.

My black kitten has the white underneath and white paws. My 13 yr old Tiger we had to put to rest on Saturday. It was very sad and difficult. I was there with him during the procedure as was my wife. We talked to him and he went peacefully. Far more difficult on us. I will keep a picture of him on our stand.

Our 13 year old cat is dying. This could be his last night here. I am torn apart by it. I will have to be there when its done. Very hard to deal with

a big hug from me

• 1 year later...

Any dog lovers here?

I grew up in a family that owned a Border Collie (she died when I was 5) and then a "regular" Collie who looked like Lassie (she died when I was 20). I've never owned a dog myself -- I'm still do busy to do so -- but my older brother owns three dogs: A Dutch Shepard, an Australian Shepard, and a Golden Retriever; and my girlfriend owns a German Shepard puppy. If I do obtain a dog -- hopefully in the next few years -- I'm thinking about getting either a Collie or an Alaskan Huskie.

Any dog lovers here?

I grew up in a family that owned a Border Collie (she died when I was 5) and then a "regular" Collie who looked like Lassie (she died when I was 20). I've never owned a dog myself -- I'm still do busy to do so -- but my older brother owns three dogs: A Dutch Shepard, an Australian Shepard, and a Golden Retriever; and my girlfriend owns a German Shepard puppy. If I do obtain a dog -- hopefully in the next few years -- I'm thinking about getting either a Collie or an Alaskan Huskie.

I love dogs and cats. I have two cats now. My wife's daughter is staying with us a while with her fiance until they get their house. They have a border collie here with them. At least I think it is? its known as a type of sheep dog. Very friendly. My male cat wants nothing to do with her. So he stays around me.

Archived