CHARLIE ROSE INTERVIEW AIRING TONIGHT

Strider

My guess is that he is a damn good journalist and wanted a sound reason for not touring.

...Asking the same question that every other journalist has asked before you - and a question that you refuse to accept the answer for - makes you a "damn good journalist"? Hmm...

...Asking the same question that every other journalist has asked before you - and a question that you refuse to accept the answer for - makes you a "damn good journalist"? Hmm...

That doesn't not make him a damn good journalist, his career proves that he is a damn good journalist. All I am saying is that the boys give the same pat answers to the question and he was just gently pressing them to be honest about how they truly feel about the subject. No more flippant answers.

That doesn't not make him a damn good journalist, his career proves that he is a damn good journalist. All I am saying is that the boys give the same pat answers to the question and he was just gently pressing them to be honest about how they truly feel about the subject. No more flippant answers.

Well, he basically wasted his time. They've answered the question: Robert didn't want to live in the past; Jimmy and John were unable to find an adequate replacement, so the whole affair was dropped.

As always your more than welcome Aen.

I also wanted to add, that I loved how he was able to get Jonsey and especially Jimmy to also talk. I also noticed some questions/answers I didn't hear before like bringing up Robert's accident and Karac.

Thanks again.

see, what's good about this is he really did try to push them on the answers, kind of tried to call their BS, but they really played ball back at him and didn't give an inch. I loved how he tried to push on the whole, "hey you could find the magic, you definitely still had it" and the whole idea of moving forward together to do something new. All he really got was Jonesy to admit in front of hte other two that they weren't all on the same page.

If I was interviewing, I'd just interject and go hey why didn't you guys just meet in the middle, play like 5 big shows around the world and leave it at that? Say you did a UK date, a mainland Europe date, an Australia date, and an Asian date and leave it at that. That way, it's not a big, revolving stadium tour, but it's more than one show, you get a chance to stretch out and let the show evolve, and Hell, since you are the biggest band on Earth, you space the shows out carefully so that you're all in good shape for every show. Hearing an answer to THAT question would be very interesting for me because it sort of cuts in the middle of Robert's whole concern about being a stadium touring act touring into oblivion.

Archived