The FA Cup thread

Old Shep

^ Definitely some shocks, how can Rodgers blame the liverpool players he claimed that if they want to win trophies thay have to play for them. What a dickhead, if he wanted to win the FACup he would have picked his strongest side. Can you imagine the redshite fans when THAT team ran onto the pitch on Sunday, they must have felt cheated. Sill he got what he deserved pick a second rate team and that is what happens. Maybe he is saving all his better players for the Champions League? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Not so long ago a third tier Leeds United beat a strong Man Utd 1-0 at Old Trafford.

I hope Leeds can do the same to Man City in the next round

I hope Brentford knock out Chelsea too

Man Utd 6 Reading 0

ARSENAL 0 BLACKBURN 1 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I;M OFF TO OLD TRAFFORD MONDAY NIGHT

^^^ Seeing lower league clubs upset the big boy's has always been part of the beauty of the FA Cup competition. Not that it still isn't but the significance of the competition itself seems to have slipped since the formation of the Premiership and the the subsequent quest for a spot in the Champions League.To the point were many of these upsets are almost somewhat expected and to a degree not always suprising. I understand the reasoning behind the bigger clubs trying to save their players over a grueling season but I don't like the fact that they do and, are allowed to get away with it. To me, it feels like some of these clubs are sticking their noses up and snubbing what was once a very prestigious competition and one that imo, still should be

I'm thinking that Laudrup should have to answer for bringing the game into disrepute after fielding a weakened team against Liverpool. I know he say's he was just saving his players for the Bradford game but as I mentioned in my last post, I just don't think it's acceptable that clubs can get away with doing this. What about the clubs that Swansea beat earlier in the tournament ? If nothing else, I believe they deserve and explaination. So far, he hasn't given one that's acceptable to me and I highly doubt one that's acceptable to Swansea supporters

I'm thinking that Laudrup should have to answer for bringing the game into disrepute after fielding a weakened team against Liverpool. I know he say's he was just saving his players for the Bradford game but as I mentioned in my last post, I just don't think it's acceptable that clubs can get away with doing this. What about the clubs that Swansea beat earlier in the tournament ? If nothing else, I believe they deserve and explaination. So far, he hasn't given one that's acceptable to me and I highly doubt one that's acceptable to Swansea supporters

couple of seasons ago Wolves got fined for an " weakened team" yet the big clubs regularly rotate players ,premiership clubs argued that if a players in its squad then they should able to be picked, so the rules got changed ,I suppose that's fine for one or two players , but not like wolves did with a complete team change

Man Utd were hardly impressive against Reading , and when Reading pulled it back to 2-1 ,Man Utd fans were on tenderhooks as Reading pushed for an equalizer

Yeah, definitely wasn't United's "A" squad but I could understand that with them playing in three different competitions in a nine-day span (League on the 10th, CL on the 13th and FA Cup on the 18th). Overall Reading have been doing well as of late; they may stave off relegation yet, especially now that the focus is more fully on that.

I just hope Everton can finish Oldham off on Tuesday night, it's actually live on ITV1, unusual for Everton to be on TV.

TURNING POINTS .... OLDHAM HIT THE POST , THEN NOT GIVEN PENALITY FOR HAND BALL , EVERTON GIVEN PENALITY OLDHAM DON'T PLAY SMITH FROM START

MID 2 CHE 1 .. HERE'S HOPING

• 2 weeks later...

poor old Barnsley were slaughtered it could have been so much worse - Wigan trashed Everton

I missed the start of the Man Utd v Chelsea game my mother ( mothers day I was at her house today ) wanted to watch England v ITALY rugby union

Utd were 2-0 up when I tuned in ..they should have finished Chelsea off ,who played the better second half , Valencia was dreadful..missed Blackburn v Millwall

final Man UTD V Wigan

United imploded again. Very worrying. We were extremely fortunate not to lose. Instead of last week with the talk of a possible treble, we could end up like last year and win fuck all !!

Rooney should have put his laces through it with his left foot instead of side footing it with his right - the keeper ended up keeping us in the game - Chelsea made clever substitutions though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived