What were the rarest Zep songs played live?

unleasher

• 2 weeks later...

They definitely did other songs live but there are no circulating recording. Think of the missing tapes from 1971, 1972, etc.

It's possible CSR was performed in early 1977 once, D'yer Mak'er in 1973.

Just imagine the power of HOFN with Bonzo in 1977 playing it. I don't think they played Dyer Maker live ever, even during the shows that we dont have access to. I think Jonesy or Bonzo thought it was too simple. Something they got to explain to me is why Ramble On was never played live with the original Zepp, that just ain't right.

"For Your Love" is on a bootleg(s) CD. Great version too.

Thank you so much for posting this. Jimmy and Bonzo sound great. Robert's vocals no so much. Probably due to it being a bootleg.

I am new to listening to bootlegs...Love Robert no matter how he sounds.

• 1 month later...

Since somebody else already opened the door and mentioned Gallows Pole and Traveling Riverside Blues, which are not Zep songs, I'm going to offer up Train Kept A Rollin. I know they played TCAR early on, but it seemed to disapear from live performances late in their career. I consider that rare, and I also consider this performance to be as tight as anything they did in the first months of Zep.

From 1980 - enjoy

• 4 weeks later...

Friends - only played once in Japan (in Osaka I think). Appaerntly on the bootleg of it (I've never heard it), but Jimmy asked Rob if he wanted to play it once Bonzo returned onstage.

The Rover was played in short segments during the Australian tour '72 mostly

And Somethin' Else, Girl I Love and Sunshine Woman

Dont think they ever played Baby Come On Home live....or did they? That's quite an overlooked one.

Nope. Never played live, at least as far as my knowledge extends.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the first the public ever heard of it was in 1993 - apparently it went missing from 1968 - 1991.

Dont think they ever played Baby Come On Home live....or did they? That's quite an overlooked one.

I've been into Zep boots and other stuff for under a year and I only found this gem a few weeks ago. Funny.

Archived