Change.com Petition: Led-Zeppelin Tour Last Time

Xavi

I didn't say all music today is shit....but most of it is! It's not just rap or the pop stuff from Keisha or Swift, even the stuff that is supposed to "rocK'...doesn't. And rather than 20-30 minute acoustic sets, I'd rather see a couple more full Led Zeppelin shows concerts - similar to the O2 gig - in the next 5 years. But only if ALL FOUR felt it was right for THEM, not us!

But personally, I think they'd like to end their legacy with that O2 gig...what a high note to go out on!

Opinion. And you said 99%, which is almost all, may not be all but at the same time it might as well be.

Yup. It evolved. We're not petitioning the band to get back together because "oh-my-god-it-would-be-amazing." This is about using your "power" and "prestige" to make a solid difference in the world. Millions of dollars to help world hunger ... prevent diseases ... gun control... you name it.

Sir Bob Geldof had the right idea. And Led Zeppelin is one of a very select few that could make a huge and lasting difference for a massive number of people.

Think about it. Sign the petition. It's not about reliving your past; it's about making a better future ...

http://www.zeptour.com

Yup. It evolved. We're not petitioning the band to get back together because "oh-my-god-it-would-be-amazing." This is about using your "power" and "prestige" to make a solid difference in the world. Millions of dollars to help world hunger ... prevent diseases ... gun control... you name it.

Sir Bob Geldof had the right idea. And Led Zeppelin is one of a very select few that could make a huge and lasting difference for a massive number of people.

Think about it. Sign the petition. It's not about reliving your past; it's about making a better future ...

http://www.zeptour.com

There are plenty of other bands out there that could fill in the place. And if the Zep members wanted to, they could come in as their own solo acts. Don't try to force a band back together that has no chance to get back together. Why not use the wasted effort and put it towards helping people instead of putting it towards doing the impossible so they could help someone better?

I'm willing to say it's not a wasted effort. As an example, the remaining members of Pink Floyd buried the hatchet (for the most part) years ago. But there was no compelling reason for them to tour. They didn't need the money, didn't want the "hassle," and lacked a true motivation or justification. Live8 provided the missing piece and the greater cause that compelled them to do something.

In this case, when you start thinking about what a Led Zeppelin tour could accomplish, I don't really think there are at lot of bands at that level. If you haven't, please check out zeptour.com. We're suggesting that 25% of ticket sales benefit charity. For a small tour, even at minimal ticket prices (by today's standards), you're talking about over $40 million dollars reaching deserving people. That's nothing to scoff at.

It's always easier to say no. But every once in a while, you find a really good reason to say yes.

This is a good reason.

I'm willing to say it's not a wasted effort. As an example, the remaining members of Pink Floyd buried the hatchet (for the most part) years ago. But there was no compelling reason for them to tour. They didn't need the money, didn't want the "hassle," and lacked a true motivation or justification. Live8 provided the missing piece and the greater cause that compelled them to do something.

In this case, when you start thinking about what a Led Zeppelin tour could accomplish, I don't really think there are at lot of bands at that level. If you haven't, please check out zeptour.com. We're suggesting that 25% of ticket sales benefit charity. For a small tour, even at minimal ticket prices (by today's standards), you're talking about over $40 million dollars reaching deserving people. That's nothing to scoff at.

It's always easier to say no. But every once in a while, you find a really good reason to say yes.

This is a good reason.

All Pink Floyd members were alive for Led Zeppelin, and don't forget they are two different bands which think differently. Look man, I understand your reasoning's but it's like trying to move a mountain, not gonna happen, so don't waste the effort. If the bands feels like it is a good cause to contribute to, they'll do it with solo groups. If they did do it though, it would not be because of some useless petition, and these petitions almost never work by the way. It would be because the timing is right and the group feels up for it. I know you want to say you tried, but instead of trying and most-definitely failing, but your efforts towards bettering the world yourself.

Just curious, where would those 25 nights be?

We mapped out 20 cities/venues as an example. The goal was to create a list of major venues across the U.S. without "skipping over" any particular region. The full list is at www.zeptour.com/the-money (also posted/pasted here).

10 CITIES. 25 SHOWS.

Using the following cities and stadiums, Led Zeppelin could perform in front of 1,697,906 people. Two or three concerts per city.

Boston, MA (Gillette Stadium) – Capacity: 60,292

NYC/NJ (The Meadowlands) – Capacity: 82,566*

Detroit, MI (Ford Field) – Capacity: 70,000

Washington, DC (FedEx Stadium) – Capacity: 85,000*

Chicago, IL (Soldier Field) – Capacity: 61,500

Dallas, TX (Cowboys Stadium) – Capacity: 80,000

New Orleans, LA (The Superdome) – Capacity: 73,208*

Denver, CO (Mile High Stadium) – Capacity: 50,000*

Los Angeles, CA (Rose Bowl) – Capacity: 94,000*

TOTAL ATTENDANCE: 1,697,906

(*Three concerts in this location)

All Pink Floyd members were alive for Led Zeppelin, and don't forget they are two different bands which think differently. Look man, I understand your reasoning's but it's like trying to move a mountain, not gonna happen, so don't waste the effort. If the bands feels like it is a good cause to contribute to, they'll do it with solo groups. If they did do it though, it would not be because of some useless petition, and these petitions almost never work by the way. It would be because the timing is right and the group feels up for it. I know you want to say you tried, but instead of trying and most-definitely failing, but your efforts towards bettering the world yourself.

I think you're proving my point. It's much easier to say no .... but infinitely more rewarding to say yes!

We mapped out 20 cities/venues as an example. The goal was to create a list of major venues across the U.S. without "skipping over" any particular region. The full list is at www.zeptour.com/the-money (also posted/pasted here).

10 CITIES. 25 SHOWS.

Using the following cities and stadiums, Led Zeppelin could perform in front of 1,697,906 people. Two or three concerts per city.

Boston, MA (Gillette Stadium) – Capacity: 60,292

NYC/NJ (The Meadowlands) – Capacity: 82,566*

Detroit, MI (Ford Field) – Capacity: 70,000

Washington, DC (FedEx Stadium) – Capacity: 85,000*

Chicago, IL (Soldier Field) – Capacity: 61,500

Dallas, TX (Cowboys Stadium) – Capacity: 80,000

New Orleans, LA (The Superdome) – Capacity: 73,208*

Denver, CO (Mile High Stadium) – Capacity: 50,000*

Los Angeles, CA (Rose Bowl) – Capacity: 94,000*

TOTAL ATTENDANCE: 1,697,906

(*Three concerts in this location)

So in fact you are saying fuck the rest of the world?

Besides they aren't keen on playing big stadiums anymore as the O2 proved, otherwise it would've been held at Wembley Stadium.

So in fact you are saying fuck the rest of the world?

Besides they aren't keen on playing big stadiums anymore as the O2 proved, otherwise it would've been held at Wembley Stadium.

I'm not saying anything about the rest of the world. The point of this whole thing isn't "gee, I need to hear 'Boogie With Stu' one more time." It's about using massive fame and demand for a greater good.

If it were 25 dates around the world, then cool. If it were 25 dates in Outer Mongolia, that's fine too.

The point is that millions of dollars could be raised for charity in a way that most bands/organizations/ordinary people (all with good intentions) can't do.

Okay, just ignore everything I said. That's cool :/

And no, I'm not ignoring what you said. But I'd hope that you'd be open to the possibility of something like this happening. I'm asking for people to sign a petition, not donate their kidneys to save the whales ...

I'm not saying anything about the rest of the world. The point of this whole thing isn't "gee, I need to hear 'Boogie With Stu' one more time." It's about using massive fame and demand for a greater good.

If it were 25 dates around the world, then cool. If it were 25 dates in Outer Mongolia, that's fine too.

The point is that millions of dollars could be raised for charity in a way that most bands/organizations/ordinary people (all with good intentions) can't do.

And no, I'm not ignoring what you said. But I'd hope that you'd be open to the possibility of something like this happening. I'm asking for people to sign a petition, not donate their kidneys to save the whales ...

Yeah, but it's the fact that you're asking for something that will never happen, so why waste the effort? I could see it if it were a band that would like to get back together, if there was enough demand. With Zeppelin, it's a matter of "We'll do it when we are all free, up for it, and think it's a good cause." A petition will literally do nothing. Zeppelin already knows there are millions of fans who'd jump at the chance to see them, they don't need a petition to know that.,

Yeah, but it's the fact that you're asking for something that will never happen, so why waste the effort? I could see it if it were a band that would like to get back together, if there was enough demand. With Zeppelin, it's a matter of "We'll do it when we are all free, up for it, and think it's a good cause." A petition will literally do nothing. Zeppelin already knows there are millions of fans who'd jump at the chance to see them, they don't need a petition to know that.,

And my whole point is to shine a big, huge light on the "it's a good cause" piece of the pie in a way that hasn't been examined previously. Did you take a look at the numbers? It's really quite astounding ...

@The Last Spartan- Look its a not a wasted effort, the whole petition thing harldy takes any effort at all, and even though they PROBABLY wont tour I, and millions of other adoring fans, would dearly like to see them perform again. So why do you have to put a damper on everything? We KNOW the chances are TINY. But we dont care. and btw you dont need to have an argument for everything everyone says. Just leave well enough alone. Some of us want to try our measly petitions. Some of us are not hopeful. but all it takes is a signature...

It's a wasted effort if nothing happens. If you all want to try, fine, I'm just being realistic here. Not trying to damper things. Sure, lots of people wont and your chances are nothing, and I am not hurting anyone, just trying to get you all to see why you should put your efforts towards something else.

It's a wasted effort if nothing happens. If you all want to try, fine, I'm just being realistic here. Not trying to damper things. Sure, lots of people wont and your chances are nothing, and I am not hurting anyone, just trying to get you all to see why you should put your efforts towards something else.

If a petition were the start and end of everything --the totality of the effort-- no, it probably won't work. But before what my team is doing gets further trampled under foot, please understand that there's much more of a plan in place. And yeah, I'm aware of how silly and cryptic that sounds ...

If a petition were the start and end of everything --the totality of the effort-- no, it probably won't work. But before what my team is doing gets further trampled under foot, please understand that there's much more of a plan in place. And yeah, I'm aware of how silly and cryptic that sounds ...

Trust me, almost nothing will get them to tour. The band feels it has to be the right place, right time, and good feelings between them for it to work. Trust me man, you're just wastin' yer time.

Trust me, almost nothing will get them to tour. The band feels it has to be the right place, right time, and good feelings between them for it to work. Trust me man, you're just wastin' yer time.

And I think it's awesome that Led Zeppelin has entrusted you to speak on their behalf ...

And I think it's awesome that Led Zeppelin has entrusted you to speak on their behalf ...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/robert_plant_explains_why_he_wont_reunite_with_zeppelin.html

"The reason that it stopped was because we were incomplete and we've been incomplete now for 28 years," Plant says. "No matter what you do, you have to really guard the discretion of what you’ve done in the past and make sure that you have all the reasons and the right place to be able to do something with absolute and total conviction.

Which basically says, it has to be the right place.

http://www.ultimate-...h_zeppelin.html

"The reason that it stopped was because we were incomplete and we've been incomplete now for 28 years," Plant says. "No matter what you do, you have to really guard the discretion of what you’ve done in the past and make sure that you have all the reasons and the right place to be able to do something with absolute and total conviction.

Which basically says, it has to be the right place.

Again, you're proving my point. We're trying to spotlight "all the reasons" which then provide "absolute and total conviction."

We get it. You have an opinion.

Now please let us continue with our lives.

On a side note I like how you used the word "almost". It's the concept we've been going with all along.

Archived