Change.com Petition: Led-Zeppelin Tour Last Time

Xavi

We get it. You have an opinion.

Now please let us continue with our lives.

On a side note I like how you used the word "almost". It's the concept we've been going with all along.

Yeah, this isn't changing any opinions lol. Sorry. Best of luck. My point will stand though, it probably isn't going to happen, so it's best not to waste the effort, but go ahead, not my effort I'm wasting. Good luck.

An earlier petition garnered 16.000 signatures (http://www.youchoose...elin_world_tour). I took the time to visit the site advertised here in the thread, it could be just me, but I didn't like seeing all those calculations and arithmetics, if Led Zeppelin ever reunites it should be something spontaneous and sincere.

On the other hand I applaud those organising this, at least they're doing something and they believe in it, just work hard for what you want, as with all things in life persistent effort only pays off in the long run.

We show the arithmetic to illustrate the "enormity" of what could be accomplished. Deep down, we all think it'd be great if the band woke up, felt great, and started booking shows. In today's music industry, that's rarely the case. Sometimes the Great and Mighty Oz is really just the man behind the curtain ... doing some arithmetic.

Christ almighty, this whole "Zep get back together please" thing is getting old. It happened only 4 times after 1980, and it sucked 3/4 times that it happened.

Actually it happened five times. I think you are probably missing Jason's wedding reception. From what I have read that was a pretty good "gig" for the guys.

Actually it happened five times. I think you are probably missing Jason's wedding reception. From what I have read that was a pretty good "gig" for the guys.

I've heard of that, but considering there is no recording to go off of I can't really judge it. Plus it wasn't really a public gig.

Led Zeppelin will not ever return, we know, but I still trying.

So in fact you are saying fuck the rest of the world?

Besides they aren't keen on playing big stadiums anymore as the O2 proved, otherwise it would've been held at Wembley Stadium.

Totally agree, if they must play in Barcelona (in FCB stadium could be about 100000). The second point, in a tour could be different, acting in a big stadium avoid five shows, look at the spoiler:

UK: 284000

5 nights at London (Opening Tour), O2 Arena.

5 nights at London (Closing Tour), O2 Arena.

Capacity: 20000 x (5+5) = 200000

4 nights at Manchester, Manchester Arena.

21000 x 4 = 84000

USA:

5 nights at L.A., Staples Center.

20000 x 5 = 100000

4 nights at Syracuse, New York, Carrier Dome

56259 x 4 = 225036

And more, more and moore

Spain: 200000

1 night in Barcelona, Camp Nou (football stadium): 99354 seats

Pope John Paul III celebrated mass for a congregation of over 121,000 at Camp Nou on 17 November 1982, on the occasion being made an honorary citizen of Barcelona.

On 1 July 2009 the stadium held the launch of the U2 360º Tour, which was attended to the maximum capacity of 90,000 people.

On 9 August 1988, Michael Jackson appeared at the stadium in front of 95,000 fans during his Bad World Tour.

Capacity between: 90000 and 12000.

1 night in Madrid, Estadio Santiago Bernabéu: 85454 seats

Capacity must been between: 90000 and 100000

Two shows in Spain are like four in Syracusse, ten in O2 Arena. Now let's change it:

UK: 670000

2 nights at London (Opening Tour), Wembley Stadium.

3 nights at London (Closing Tour), Wembley Stadium, 90000 seats

Capacity: 100000 x (2+3) = 500000

2 nights at Manchester, Old Trafford: 76098 seats

85000 x 2 = 170000

USA:

5 nights at L.A., Staples Center.

20000 x 5 = 100000

4 nights at Syracuse, New York, Carrier Dome

56259 x 4 = 225036

And more, more and moore

Spain: 200000

1 night in Barcelona, Camp Nou (football stadium): 99354 seats

Pope John Paul III celebrated mass for a congregation of over 121,000 at Camp Nou on 17 November 1982, on the occasion being made an honorary citizen of Barcelona.

On 1 July 2009 the stadium held the launch of the U2 360º Tour, which was attended to the maximum capacity of 90,000 people.

On 9 August 1988, Michael Jackson appeared at the stadium in front of 95,000 fans during his Bad World Tour.

Capacity between: 90000 and 12000.

1 night in Madrid, Estadio Santiago Bernabéu: 85454 seats

Capacity must been between: 90000 and 100000

I changed UK, more people see Led Zeppelin in fewer concerts, in the "charity tour" is advantageus, more money, less shows to pay the instalations.

But I dislike the idea of the charity concert, Led Zeppelin player four times before the broke up (O2, R&R Hall, Atlantic Records 40th anniversary, and Live Aid). John Paul Jones warn before de Atlantic Records 40th anniversary that they must not be a "special ocasion band", they finally did the gig, but John Paul Jones had reason, when Peter Grant died, people ask to Led Zeppelin if they could do a show in tribute to Peter and donate the money to the Grant's foundation, they said no.

And here I see the same, Led Zeppelin, do a gig, it's too good, the money goes to a ONG. I see the same, in the gorgeous case, they must choose the use of thei9r money, not their fans.

Xavi -

I like the way you organized things "internationally." Would you be ok if I added this to the zeptour.com website?

I'd be glad to give you credit ...

I understand that JPJ had his reasoning for the Atlantic Records show, but that was 25 years ago.

The world has changed, men have grown older, people think differently ...

Yikes...maybe it's the translation thing I used, but the heading makes it seem like it's already a done deal with the tour.

Still...this should be interesting indeed.

I used the GoogleTranslate, and yeah, it takes a few "liberties" with things ...

Archived