White House . gov petition for one last Led Zeppelin Tour

a1saleen

No more ignorant than to not accept the fact the band has played their last concert or that Obama would have any influence in them doing anymore shows.

Only 77 posts, eh?

You have a lot of catching up to do!

I'm on here to appreciate their music with other people who do too, no more, no less.

I'm not into silly idol worship and I actually LOVE females regardless of whether they are into Zeppelin or not.

Good for you, I've been into their music since 1969 when I was 16 and more importantly being fortunate enough to see and hear them live in 1972 when I was 18 and that is something I would wish for everyone to experience.

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I am Cool with that. The reason I only just have 77 posts because I only post or reply whenever I think or feel my posts will bring postive replies or responses. Even if they don't, I try my best not to make any comments that are inane, inappropriate and/or the like.

After all, "celebrities, fair weather "fans" or not, to Me, the best and only answer is that Led Zeppelin and Their Music is Classic and will outllive all of US all.

I started this petition I hope some of you are willing to sign it..

I thought maybe if the president asked we might get one last TOUR

http://wh.gov/EEmF

As Robert Plant says...."I have dream, people won't you listen......."

But your dream while I'm sure is heartfelt, is not realistic. The President has his hands full, and the band has to decide for themselves if they ever wish to perform again. Looks like that is not going to happen. Why not just relax and enjoy their music on CD, vinyl, or even You/Tube (something us old timers didn't have at our fingertips back in the day!) :) Missy

*Edited for spelling

The silliest thing about this whole petition is wanting to send it to the president of the USA.

As far as anyone here knows Led Zeppelin are BRITISH!!!!

but Robert lives in America much of the time and he is really the only one that needs to say yes for it to happen. plus he is really charmed by Obama .

but Robert lives in America much of the time and he is really the only one that needs to say yes for it to happen. plus he is really charmed by Obama .

He hasn't said "yes" to JP & JPJ so I hardly think he would say yes to Obama.

Good for you, I've been into their music since 1969 when I was 16 and more importantly being fortunate enough to see and hear them live in 1972 when I was 18 and that is something I would wish for everyone to experience.

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

this sounds like a fan to me.

i didn't say you were a fanatic. i said you were a fan.

In that case, you would be wrong.

fan

n.

An ardent devotee

Short for fanatic;

n.

1. a person whose enthusiasm or zeal for something is extreme or beyond normal limits

2. a person devoted to a particular hobby or pastime

Carry on.

I am no fanatic, what part of that don't you understand?

I believe that you told Me to "Lighten up it's just a discussion". It seems to me that you cannot even heed your own words and advice. I think you are the one who needs to "lighten up". You seem to take this very personal? Why is that? From my viewpoint, you make it seem like it is a crime or something to be a fan(atical) of Led Zeppelin. I would venture to say that 75% or more of the people who contribute to this Awesome website would not be ashamed to say that They are very fan(atical) about Led Zeppelin and Their Music and History.

I guess you are different even though you have posted 14 more posts in the past 24 hours. From 3,450 to 3,464. To my 78. I truly guess you are not a fan of Led Zeppelin even though you seem to be on here almost every day.

I believe that you told Me to "Lighten up it's just a discussion". It seems to me that you cannot even heed your own words and advice. I think you are the one who needs to "lighten up". You seem to take this very personal? Why is that? From my viewpoint, you make it seem like it is a crime or something to be a fan(atical) of Led Zeppelin. I would venture to say that 75% or more of the people who contribute to this Awesome website would not be ashamed to say that They are very fan(atical) about Led Zeppelin and Their Music and History.

I guess you are different even though you have posted 14 more posts in the past 24 hours. From 3,450 to 3,464. To my 78. I truly guess you are not a fan of Led Zeppelin even though you seem to be on here almost every day.

Light as a Zeppelin here, mate!

It's all good, no drama if you or anyone else considers themselves a fan, that's your choice and it makes no difference to me.

You assume too much.

Where did I mention anything that put down people for being a fan?

Just not keen on me being labelled as one is all.

Call me an appreciator, just not a fan.

Not all the posts have been on this thread, as if that matters?

Btw, I joined the site 5 years ago today.

Light as a Zeppelin here, mate!

It's all good, no drama if you or anyone else considers themselves a fan, that's your choice and it makes no difference to me.

You assume too much.

Where did I mention anything that put down people for being a fan?

Just not keen on me being labelled as one is all.

Call me an appreciator, just not a fan.

Not all the posts have been on this thread, as if that matters?

Btw, I joined the site 5 years ago today.

I think you keep tripping yourself up by what you post. I do not think an a "appreciator" and not a "fan" would waste 5 years of their life like you have. It does not matter if "Not all the posts have been on this thread, as if that matters"? What matters is that you still claim to not be a fan(atic) of anything, period. Yet you still continue to post inane and inaccurate comments. Just admit it, you are wrong on this count. Over 3,465 posts on one website seems to be to much for someone who does not want to be considered labeled in anyway at all, but chooses to demean and ridicule others for Their Honesty and Devotion.

Look in the Mirror before you make silly suggestions. You remind me of that ignorant and banned dude named jahfin. He deserved what he got and should have been banned Years ago.

I think you keep tripping yourself up by what you post. I do not think an a "appreciator" and not a "fan" would waste 5 years of their life like you have. It does not matter if "Not all the posts have been on this thread, as if that matters"? What matters is that you still claim to not be a fan(atic) of anything, period. Yet you still continue to post inane and inaccurate comments. Just admit it, you are wrong on this count. Over 3,465 posts on one website seems to be to much for someone who does not want to be considered labeled in anyway at all, but chooses to demean and ridicule others for Their Honesty and Devotion.

Look in the Mirror before you make silly suggestions. You remind me of that ignorant and banned dude named jahfin. He deserved what he got and should have been banned Years ago.

As if I'd ever admit I was wrong when I'm not, especially to an upstart as you.

Remind me when this became about right and wrong?

Wasted 5 years of my life, hardly?

I've earned my leisure time from working hard for nearly 40 years, whereas you are probably just starting out.

You obviously don't have any respect for elders and those that actually do know more about life than you.

To play your puerile game, are you accusing me of being dishonest?

The only things I am devoted to are my family and friends, not any rock band.

FYI, I have been defending Led Zeppelin's music from before you were probably born.

I'm only on here when I'm not busy with my family or rehearsing and playing gigs with my band.

What do you do, play Guitar Hero?

I haven't demeaned or ridiculed anyone on this thread (until now), it was all in your mind.

My posts are for the most part civil, but I won't suffer fools like you who continue to read what they perceive as put downs when they are non-existent and in fact I only objected to being called a fan as is my right.

Don't you look in the mirror mate, you'll only hurt your own feelings!

Here's a another silly suggestion for you, Grow Up!

So do you want me banned now?

Good luck with that, I'm smarter than all those other turkeys who got themselves banished.

I signed it. It now has a grand total of 3. only 99,997 to go. I am going to sign the Anti Religion Tax break petition, the

Not Allow The FDA To Regulate Premium Cigars and Impeach President Barack Obama if Executive Orders are signed to ban Assault Rifles, Guns & High Capacity Magazines. Let Me know what other ones I should sign. If somebody writes a petition to treat extraterrestrial beings with diplomatic immunity, I'll sign that one too.

I signed it. It now has a grand total of 3. only 99,997 to go. I am going to sign the Anti Religion Tax break petition, the

Not Allow The FDA To Regulate Premium Cigars and Impeach President Barack Obama if Executive Orders are signed to ban Assault Rifles, Guns & High Capacity Magazines. Let Me know what other ones I should sign. If somebody writes a petition to treat extraterrestrial beings with diplomatic immunity, I'll sign that one too.

I don't think we need to bring politics into the main Led Zeppelin forums.

Reggie29,

Interesting that you would get in such a lather when someone described you as a fan, yet you felt fine writing:

"In another 20000 seat venue filled with "celebrities" and fair weather "fans"?

I think not."

Which is insulting to the MANY thousands at the O2 who were not "fair weather fans" or "celebrities" and who worked their asses off (twice in this case because of Jimmy's injury which changed the date of the concert) to find the tickets, make arrangments twice and find the money to go to the show!

Me thinks thou dost protest too much!

Reggie29,

Interesting that you would get in such a lather when someone described you as a fan, yet you felt fine writing:

"In another 20000 seat venue filled with "celebrities" and fair weather "fans"?

I think not."

Which is insulting to the MANY thousands at the O2 who were not "fair weather fans" or "celebrities" and who worked their asses off (twice in this case because of Jimmy's injury which changed the date of the concert) to find the tickets, make arrangments twice and find the money to go to the show!

Me thinks thou dost protest too much!

Fandom is one of my pet peeves but to each their own.

You did notice it was in parenthesis and I mistakenly thought people would realise it was tongue in cheek?

In hindsight generalising was not the way to go as it is obvious that not all that attended were in those categories and I certainly wasn't referring to anyone on here.

Good for them to make the effort and it was their choice and it would've been difficult for some with the cancellation and all.

Protesting is good otherwise things would never change, don't you think?

I think we're done on this, at least I am.

I don't think we need to bring politics into the main Led Zeppelin forums.

I didn't really consider what you were thinking at the time of my post. It was meant to be tounge in cheek about the frivolous petitions on the site. But I guess if I have to explain that, the humor was lost on you.

Settle down 300th! You seem a little too uptight. Sign the legalize marijuana petition and come back in a while.

Archived