Why Public Transportation Is Not For Me…

Charles J. White

When riding the Electric Rail lines around Dallas, I like to use a sealed foam Sports Cushion. It's 11 3/4" X 15 3/4".

They are made by Sports Authority, and sell for $9.99.

They come in Black, Blue, and Red, withe the Sports Authority Logo.

It looks something like this in shape:

6501.jpg

There are also sealed vinyl foam cushions available on the internet, but Sports Authority's online website, does not offer the sealed foam or sealed vinyl cushions.

This one is funny, to me anyways because he is talking in such a lazy matter of fact kind of way - he really doesn't care who hears him which I get a laught out of to be honest - not what he is saying, but how he is saying it while he is eating his lunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHljCBLb3Mw

This one is funny, to me anyways because he is talking in such a lazy matter of fact kind of way - he really doesn't care who hears him which I get a laught out of to be honest - not what he is saying, but how he is saying it while he is eating his lunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHljCBLb3Mw

Why is the train just sitting there? :^)

Another time I was on BART and when it came to a stop this girl was sitting by the window with some bags and a man was next to her on the outer seat and as she got up her bag must have caught on him or something and he starts yelling: 'OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! DON'T POKE ME LIKE THAT!!!' The girl was shocked and just stared at him for a moment and then walked off the train as he yelled after her: 'YOU SLUT!!!'

I was right across from him and I had to laugh out loud at that one. :lol:

Let me tell you, after these last 2 weeks paying for a car that doesn't run (my regular loan payment) and paying for a rental on top of that....

I could be persuaded to leave the driving to someone else.

Seems to me there are many more stories of road rage between drivers than incidents of bad behavior on buses, trains, etc.

I have ridden The Tubes in London and This must have taken place at like 5 in the morning because there ain't nobody on the train ... Usually your packed in like sardines ... :)

Usually your packed in like sardines
... as they do in rush hour in Mexico City, on their subway. The sardine-like future of, the world.

A funny story from the MUNI in San Francisco. I was sitting in the middle of the bus and it was fairly crowded. An old guy gets on and sits next to a guy reading a newspaper (I was always amazed at how people could fold the paper to make it smaller as they read it on the bus). Anyway, this old guy is just a happy go lucky type and he starts asking trivia questions hoping anyone would answer him. Meanwhile there's this dimwit in the back seat huffing glue in a bag and he starts answering this old guys questions. So on it went and when the old guy asks: 'Does anyone know the biggest city in the world?'...and the guy sitting next to him with the paper pipes up: 'NO! But I know who has the biggest MOUTH in the world!' And the whole bus cracked up at that one. :lol:

• 2 months later...

^

Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
That I love London so
That I think of her wherever I go

I get a funny feeling inside of me
When walking up and down
That I love London Town

Imagine you are exhausted, you have been at some shite job all day and you just want to close your eyes for 40 minutes, and instead you have this wanker sitting next to you, public transportation is depressing:

Unfortunately Charles, some behaviour on public transit is just a sad reflection of our society itself. My experiences have found good manners to be in short supply and 9 times out of 10, any troubles that arise, a lack of even reasonably good manners is usually the starting point . That said, it's the same no matter where you go with the difference being, on public transit, you're usually in a crowded space where it can be almost impossible to ignore or avoid. Policing and enforcement of transit regulations can help with a given situation but in the big picture, they can't solve the problem. Imho, cameras on public transit have actually created more problems than they have solved because back in the days before cameras, good passengers could get away with solving the problem themselves and I've seen it done many times. Laughed my head off every time it happened too

• 3 weeks later...

Someone who takes a shower everyday with soap perhaps?

That would solve the problem of the 'Rank offensive Traveller', but what do you do about the ones who seem to 'Bathe in the Perfume Bottle' which can be just as offensive to some.

When being packed on to Public Transport like Sardines in a can....Tough one to find a Happy Medium

i have to take the bus to get to work and i hate the way people smell. people either stink or wear too much perfume. nobody is just normal anymore.

Ain't that the truth !

I hate being in a meeting with stinky fuckers when the office door is closed. I spend most of the time staring out the window thinking how nice it must be outside

I work with some stinky fuckers!
One guy smells like rancid cooking oil.(he's single ladies)
The smokers can really pack a wallop in an enclosed office environment

Public transportation is giant circus act, imagine travelling home during a hard day at the office and suddenly find yourself in something like a show on the telly:

The language is hot so be warned before clicking on the link

I'm betting she's either under the influence or off her meds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived