Jump to content

Why Public Transportation Is Not For Me…


Recommended Posts

I remember many moons ago, I was on a bus coming back from town with my sister and some old drunk got on, the bus was already packed so he had no option but to literally sit on my knee (well close enough to that) To make matters worse he stank to high doe of pee, and my coat.. well let's say that it ended in the garbage. shudder.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phoenix Light Rail Samurai Sword Fight

The guy with the sword stepped in to help, he was interviewed on tv on the news for being a hero.

I'm not sure even if someone had a gun pointed to my head that I could be convinced to sit on that train or bus or whatever it is, the whole idea of sword fights just freaks me out. I really believe driving in your car is the way to go!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You could not be more wrong CJW.  I love public transportation and hate that I can't use it in my daily commute.  And that just brings it more to mind as I'm spending a week in NYC.  Today, we got to and from Coney Island for a mere $2.75 each way.  Perfectly smooth ride.  Colorful characters on the trains, but everything was wonderful.

Nothing is perfect, but public transport is a whole lot better than traffic clogged roads spewing choking exhaust. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ebk said:

You could not be more wrong CJW.  I love public transportation and hate that I can't use it in my daily commute.  And that just brings it more to mind as I'm spending a week in NYC.  Today, we got to and from Coney Island for a mere $2.75 each way.  Perfectly smooth ride.  Colorful characters on the trains, but everything was wonderful.

Nothing is perfect, but public transport is a whole lot better than traffic clogged roads spewing choking exhaust. 

I am all for it as in NY the ferry ride across the Hudson is  sure bargain.  But NOT in SF.    I always wanted to ride a Trolley.  I did not.  I was told $8 to get on every time.  Are you kidding me ?  When are are like several places I want to go to?  I had dumped the rent a car, and wish I had not.  They were not going to skin my ass for $ 8 every time I get on.  That is a rip off of monumental proportions.  Fuck that city.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I am all for it as in NY the ferry ride across the Hudson is  sure bargain.  But NOT in SF.    I always wanted to ride a Trolley.  I did not.  I was told $8 to get on every time.  Are you kidding me ?  When are are like several places I want to go to?  I had dumped the rent a car, and wish I had not.  They were not going to skin my ass for $ 8 every time I get on.  That is a rip off of monumental proportions.  Fuck that city.  

 

The cable car is $8.  The trolleys and buses are $2.25.  And you get a transfer ticket that's good for at least 2 hours, so you can ride back for free.  Public transit in SF is fabulous.

The cable car is a tourist thing, not real transit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

Some poor guy is trying to get home after a long shitty day at work and he has to listen to this circus, fuck public transit is loser travel - when I was a kid I had to take the bus everywhere and I'm so lucky I was able to leave it behind

 

THIS is precisely why public transit will never take off in the United States!! Who in their right mind would give up their car to share a ride anywhere with these degenerates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Charles J. White said:

This weirdo was masterbating on the train and she goes nuts on him  - And the poor quiet Asian dude sitting next to him is  thinking "Why didn't I buy a car, I'm such a loser"

 

Steady man. I don't drive and I am certainly no loser. Mrs CP has a car, but for me it's Train or bus or me bicycle

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

THIS is precisely why public transit will never take off in the United States!! Who in their right mind would give up their car to share a ride anywhere with these degenerates.

Public transit, like most modern technologies, had their start in America. All major US cities had amazing, clean, efficient, cheap mass transit systems up until the 1950's. Of course like all great technologies which seek to help the common man, the US abuses of capitalism always winds up killing it. It was in the early 1950's that GM & Ford conspired and carried out their plan to purchase all public transit rail lines in all major US cities (which they did), and then immediately tear them up and remove them, thereby making individual vehicles almost indispensable outside of centralized cities such as NY.

That is what is such a shame and a major problem with unfettered capitalism, money and profit will always trump progress. This is also why the US, the country which was first to both adopt rail and institute a nationwide rail system, is one of the only first world countries to NOT have a high speed, efficient public rail system such as Europe, Japan, & China enjoy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ebk said:

 

The cable car is $8.  The trolleys and buses are $2.25.  And you get a transfer ticket that's good for at least 2 hours, so you can ride back for free.  Public transit in SF is fabulous.

The cable car is a tourist thing, not real transit.

I guess I received bad info.  The pic below looks like a NY subway.  No thanks.  The ferry however, is great

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...