Past Songs...

kingzoso

What are some of the songs that You grew up with that still hold special memories for You? Past Songs. I realize We all have alot of them. I will post a couple now. Songs I heard when I was a kid and Songs that still bring back alot of memories over 35 years later.

http://youtu.be/k_0U3DlLFSU

http://youtu.be/Ic3Mq_c4xv4

http://youtu.be/jqMG3VR5PP4

Well, the first single I bought was Manic Monday by The Bangles and the opening bars of that song takes me back somewhere - ditto Raspberry Beret by Prince. When I was 11 I loved Belinda Carlisle so her Heaven on Earth album holds special memories. Going back even further in time: Dancing around in front of the T.V with my mum to Uptown Girl by Billy Joel. My first musical memory is (shockingly) The Land of Make Believe by Bucks Fizz. As a four year old, that was my jam.

All pretty embarrassing stuff, really... but from time to time (if I'm feeling particularly forlorn & nostalgic) I will go on to YouTube and have a wander down memory lane and see where it takes me.

Reach Out-I'll Be There-----The Four Tops

I Got You Babe---Sonny & Cher

Gloria---Them

My Girl---The Temptations

I Lost Someone---James Brown

Bus Stop---The Hollies

My Darling Be Home Soon---The Lovin' Spoonful

I'm So Glad---The Cream

Purple Haze---Hendrix

I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night---The Electric Prunes (the old folks liked that one I think) :^)

House Of The Rising Sun---The Animals

Boots Of Spanish Leather---Bob Dylan

And SO many others. :^)

-Shannon

-Billy, Don't be a Hero

-Hello, It's Me-Todd Rundgren

-Wishing You Were Here-Chicago

-Tapestry-entire album Carole King

-Lineman for the County-Glen Campbell version

-Songs in the Key of Life- entire album-Stevie Wonder

-Ballroom Blitz-The Sweet

-

-Shannon

-Billy, Don't be a Hero

-Hello, It's Me-Todd Rundgren

-Wishing You Were Here-Chicago

-Tapestry-entire album Carole King

-Lineman for the County-Glen Campbell version

-Songs in the Key of Life- entire album-Stevie Wonder

-Ballroom Blitz-The Sweet

-

THE Sweet! Not commonly known around here as The Sweet, just Sweet! THE SWEET is more the European name I believe. That tune is pretty, um, sweet too.

Well, enough about Sweet!

Why do I want a candy right now?

THE Sweet! Not commonly known around here as The Sweet, just Sweet! THE SWEET is more the European name I believe. That tune is pretty, um, sweet too.

Well, enough about Sweet!

Why do I want a candy right now?

lol......yeah, you could be right about the name and I am mistaken,.it;s been a while...Do you remember Fox on the Run?.......

Hey I noticed you are down in Moncton. Have you ever seen JP Cormier or Matt Minglewood in your neck of the woods? Great performers......

On another note, i had to fly into Bathurst NB and drive to Port Daniel Quebec a couple of years back for a family reunion. (My french side are Savoie's and Hachey's from Kedgwick/Campbelton areas of NB)....anyway, after the reunion i drove back to Bathurst to fly back to Toronto and the flight was over booked. Air Canada paid for my cab ride from Bathurst to Moncton where I flew out of, the next day. What a beauty drive that was. i think it was 3hours. Unfortunatley the cabbie I was with was not the most personable guy but the scenery was pretty cool. cheers

Some of the earliest tunes I can remember were posted here already (Beatles-Hey Jude was on the first LP I ever bought, at the age of 6, first single ever: Little Willy by The Sweet)

Here are two more obscure singles from the time I was very young,

this first group sounds a bit like CCR, but these guys are Dutch

http://youtu.be/NScnU4ykxqA

The second one is a Spanish prog group,

I still have no clue what the song is about, but the vibe is nice

Archived