Ozzy Osbourne injured in house fire started by wife Sharon

weslgarlic

Ozzy Osbourne had to receive medical treatment after being burned in a house fire accidentally started by his wife Sharon in their Beverly Hills mansion this week.

The accident occurred after Sharon Osbourne left a candle lit overnight and it exploded in its glass vase, sparking a fire which took over the living room of their home. Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy was treated by medical staff at home with a fire crew putting the blaze out.

OzzyOsbourne02PA101111.jpgSpeaking about the incident on her US TV show, sharon Osbourne said: "Everybody is fine. There was only Ozzy, myself and the dogs in the house last night. At five o' clock, I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that’s what it sounded like, so I didn’t pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat’s closing up: 'Something’s weird smelling in here'."

She then added: "Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room was on fire. The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding. My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday so he’s in a complete cast. He comes down and goes: ‘Oh, the fire, the fire!’ and tries to put it out with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it and it erupted. Ozzy’s front of his hair from his ear down is, gone! His eyebrows are gone... he’s got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do, go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on, we did it all."

"The firemen come up, they give us a lecture, and Ozzy’s like: 'She’s been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!

Ozzy Osbourne recently revealed that he and Black Sabbath will release new album '13' later this year.

It doesn't sound so ridiculous to me. What one does under the stress of being faced with a fiery situation can be questionable. And we are talking about Ozzy. A good singer in his time but may be lacking in some of the common sense areas.

Glad no one was seriously hurt though.

Beverly Hills has a fire department? :huh:

I don't get why you're so surprised? Beverly Hills is its own city...of course they have a fire department, along with their own police department. Beverly Hills is separate from Los Angeles.

It must have been very scary.

My husband is a FF/Paramedic and would skin me alive if I left a candle burning. I even have to sneak those plug in things into the house and hope he doesn't see them.

Glad no one was badly hurt.

I don't get why you're so surprised? Beverly Hills is its own city...of course they have a fire department, along with their own police department. Beverly Hills is separate from Los Angeles.

And I am sure they have a very well funded Fire Department.

I'm glad that nobody was seriously hurt, given how quickly house fires can spread. This said, for the life of me, I'm trying to figure out how a candle can explode. :unsure:

Anything can combust if it gets hot enough. (I forget the scientific term at the moment)

From what the above article said, the glass the candle was in was the culprit. Once that shattered, it probably splattered hot oil from the candle, and there you go.

Well, when I watched Jack Benny you had to make an appointment to even see the police. :^)

Archived