Sports

Charles J. White

Damn, in your country I would be scared to post I am using. You cant even get across the border there for having a drink 25 yrs ago. Nazi fucking cops you have there. They probably have your computer on surveylance. Big Brother is watchin! The streets are watchin.

That's silly Rick. You can pretty much walk down the street and have a puff up here. I think we are all a bit safer knowing you can't get into our country. Those border guards should be given a commendation.

That's silly Rick. You can pretty much walk down the street and have a puff up here. I think we are all a bit safer knowing you can't get into our country. Those border guards should be given a commendation.

Ha ha.

But arent things a bit different in eastenr Canada vs Western?

:lol:

Lol

Seriously our drug laws are pretty lax.

What sports did you play in school?

I played everything. I loved playing sports. I played pop warner, little league, basketball with alot of U of R guys and hockey even though I did not play organized hockey. I wish I had

The last time I left Canada it was feet first. So drunk I dont know how I got back

I've been a 49ers fan from way back in the Kezar days. (football---maybe call it 'Uprights Ball') :lol:

Also a Giants fan ever since they moved to SF from New York in the 50's.

I also like watching the Isle Of Wight motorcycle races.

Was watching the local news the other night and they spent the opening 10 minutes yammering on about the Sonics returning to Seattle. I guess it was a slow news day. I've never really been a basketball fan.

Hey thats 5 golfers? I know Charles likes a round or too. Mrs CP plays also. So what do we play off?

I am a 14 handicap and looking to get down to 10 this season. Mrs CP plays off 34 but really she plays off about 25. She needs to tighten up on her putting because her driving and wood play is very impressive. She won 2 majors at the club last summer and regularly beats me

As they say: Driving for show, putting for dough

Haven't played in a couple of years now but when I was playing on a fairly regular basis, my handicap was around 15 . There are some wonderful courses in the Vancouver area but because the game is so popular here, getting on a course can be difficult on the weekends . It's also quite costly and slow play even more of a pain . More often than not, my mates and I would book times on courses just south of the border in the Bellingham area. Some beautiful and challenging courses where slow play and cost were not an issue. Pretty cart girls too :lol:

www.chapelgolf.co.uk

Here is the club I am a member of. We don't often get slow play as It is a members course but when we get visitors it can be a frustrating because it can be tricky to navigate the course. We have beautiful views though and it is not easy. Our comp days are on a Sunday and I play as much as I can.

www.chapelgolf.co.uk

Here is the club I am a member of. We don't often get slow play as It is a members course but when we get visitors it can be a frustrating because it can be tricky to navigate the course. We have beautiful views though and it is not easy. Our comp days are on a Sunday and I play as much as I can.

Looks a very nice course CP and the rates seem more than reasonable. The link I'm posting is for the course in Bellingham that we played more than any other. To play a comparable course in Vancouver, it would cost roughly double.

http://youtu.be/1ii4SeimZRQ

The marshalls down there are great at moving play along but tbh, I've very rarely seen them do more than just socialize with the patrons.

^ Also looks stunning Ally. A mixture between a moorland and a parkland course?. Generous fairways too? If I ever become wealthy my ambition is to play as many courses around the world as possible.

Thanks for depressing me as the snow falls ;):D

:lol: Sorry about that CP ! If it makes you feel any better, it's a typical cold, wet Vancouver winter day here today. Unfortunately, even after I get this back of mine redone, golfing will still be out of the question for me. I can't complain though because quite frankly, I doubt I could've afforded to keep doing so anyway. With, hopefully, grandchildren coming down the road, I wouldn't expect to have the time either. Hopefully you and Mrs CP will get to play many of the worlds fine golf courses. There are so many great golf holiday packages available these days and with both of you being club members, you should be able to get some outstanding deals :)

Grandchildren will make you happier than a round man. We don't have kids ( We spent far too much time travelling and going to festivals to bother) so it is a blessing that we both play. I suppose we are lucky in that respect and we also have Scotland a couple of hours away.

Yes there are loads of great packages to be had. We have a weekend away every year with friends who both play and that reminds me to get them over to discuss where this year.

As you can see from our clubs memebership fees they are very resonable and it is only 5 mins from where we live. In the summer we play most evenings - only 9 or 11 holes and every weekend. In fact there is a charity challange where you play 72 holes in a day at 4 courses - all within a 10 mile radius. You start @ 5 am and finish @ 9 pm. I know someone who did it. He said it was the most gruelling day of his life !

In the summer in the UK there are plenty of "Opens" where for a small fee you can play at any course. It makes it very reasonable to play first rate courses. We do about 4 a year but they are always on a Sunday and that conflicts with my competition day.

Can't wait for this snow to fuck off and I can get out on the course.

Grandchildren will make you happier than a round man. We don't have kids ( We spent far too much time travelling and going to festivals to bother) so it is a blessing that we both play. I suppose we are lucky in that respect and we also have Scotland a couple of hours away.

Yes there are loads of great packages to be had. We have a weekend away every year with friends who both play and that reminds me to get them over to discuss where this year.

As you can see from our clubs memebership fees they are very resonable and it is only 5 mins from where we live. In the summer we play most evenings - only 9 or 11 holes and every weekend. In fact there is a charity challange where you play 72 holes in a day at 4 courses - all within a 10 mile radius. You start @ 5 am and finish @ 9 pm. I know someone who did it. He said it was the most gruelling day of his life !

In the summer in the UK there are plenty of "Opens" where for a small fee you can play at any course. It makes it very reasonable to play first rate courses. We do about 4 a year but they are always on a Sunday and that conflicts with my competition day.

Can't wait for this snow to fuck off and I can get out on the course.

Yes, grandchildren will make me far happier but, I'll always have a love for being on a golf course. Even if a person doesn't play, walking some courses in the off season can make for as nice a walk as you'll find :) . I'll tell you what though, if you ever decide to make British Columbia one of your golfing destinations, there are some spectacular courses in the Okanagan and Kootenay regions of the province and both regions cater to golfers and ironically enough, wine drinkers :lol: . Definitely worth checking them out !

Way Hay. Just what the CP's love a game and a couple of bottles. It's Mrs CP's 50th next year and will do some homework on that area. Cheers Ally

You are welcome !

Archived