Supermodel Jimmy

Knebby

So is there going to be more to that video????

I was almost looking for a "to be continued..." at the end of the video!

And can I just say, NOBODY walks like Jimmy Page! He invented swagger! B)

Oh and one more thing... Gary Clark Jr. will be at the New Orleans Jazz Fest this year, it really would be great if he brought his new friend!

Just saying! :)

Edited by Bayougal65

So is there going to be more to that video????

I was almost looking for a "to be continued..." at the end of the video!

And can I just say, NOBODY walks like Jimmy Page! He invented swagger! B)

Oh and one more thing... Gary Clark Jr. will be at the New Orleans Jazz Fest this year, it really would be great if he brought his new friend!

Just saying! :)

Totally agree!! He never walks, he's floating^^

On the topic thread called "Did Led Zeppelin Sell Out?" I asked the question: If it is seen as selling out that they licensed their music for advertising, what do you call Page's licensing himself out for a fashion ad? Essentially it is the same thing, name recognition/fame used to promote a product.

I would like to believe Page is doing it because he wants to do it for himself.

I agree!

At one year shy of 70 he looks better, healthier (and def. hotter) than ever!

Remember folks, Zeppelin and fashion have always went hand in hand .

Jimmy's eye for aesthetics and fashion has never waned.

Thru this ad campaign he was given the ability to make fashion/music news world-wide AND show the world what true rock royalty looks like in all his grace, style and glory!

The ads are artsy, stylish, classy AND leave the viewer wanting more! Very Jimmy Pageish! B)

I dont blame him at all, what a gift to oneself!

Love it! (And him for it!)

The year of the muse, indeed!

wasn't there some news about him doing a solo tour this year ?

i'm pretty sure he kind of wanted to do this ad . i wonder how many millions he got for it.

as for selling out, i think what he let puff diddy do with kashmir was worse. although i wouldn't really refer to either as selling out.

wasn't there some news about him doing a solo tour this year ?

i'm pretty sure he kind of wanted to do this ad . i wonder how many millions he got for it.

as for selling out, i think what he let puff diddy do with kashmir was worse. although i wouldn't really refer to either as selling out.

Yup, solo record and then live dates.

I very much doubt he was paid 'many millions'. In fact, I doubt he was paid anything at all.

Yup, solo record and then live dates.

I very much doubt he was paid 'many millions'. In fact, I doubt he was paid anything at all.

why do you think he was not paid anything or little ? even if he wanted to do it which i believe to be the case here and that it wasn't all for money he can still easily get the money.

why do you think he was not paid anything or little ? even if he wanted to do it which i believe to be the case here and that it wasn't all for money he can still easily get the money.

John Varvatos dresses rock stars and he is good at it.

It is mutually beneficial for the rockers and for the JV brand.

The rockers get totally awesome clothes (his line really is fabulous), renewed rock-star status and instant visibility to old as well as new fans.

The brand gets real rock star cred, worldwide exposure, and sales to all of us who want to dress like a rock star or want our man to!

The article below spells out the JV business philosophy pretty well.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jenniferrooney/2012/07/12/for-a-song-designer-john-varvatos-on-how-he-gets-all-those-rock-stars-in-his-ads/

B)

Varvatos used Paul Weller in last year's ad campaign. In his NYC boutique, which is in the space formerly occupied by CBGB, he organizes occasional concerts by emerging rock groups. The boutique is filled with rock memorabilia, it is definitely a world to which he seeks to link his merchandise.

You know the music is on the way

As long as he doesn't leave us hanging on who his scarf supplier is let him show it like he means it, for the miles and wear and tear JP looks better than a dude should. Talk about escaping from the fumes of Sheol... Glad he looks healthy and he sure looks at peace at happy. Loved watching him at KCH. Full of joy.