Led Zeppelin: Live ~ on VH1 Classic

tyedye

Saturday, vh1 Classic are re-airing Led Zeppelin:Live.

I am not 100% certain, but I think is the same thing that is contained in the Mothership DVD.

Check your local listings for time.

It's airs a couple more times next week.

vh1 cl is also broadcasting a 7 part series called The 7 Ages of Rock starting this weekend.

I can't imagine them NOT mentioning LZ on that. :)

Led Zeppelin are mentioned in program 5, We Are the Champions on next Friday at 9PM. It's about stadium rock. That's what Wikipedia says.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Ages_of...e_the_Champions

I'm sure they'll talk about them on other episodes. How can they not?! And you're right, the thing they're showing tonight is the mothership DVD. But, hell, I'll sure watch it AGAIN! Oh and they also mention them on Heavy: The Story of Metal, in the first episode tonight at 8.

How could you noy have Zep on they created Hard Rock. It only has two Zep songs Rock And Roll and Stairway they should of had more than that
Led Zeppelin are not the "Godfather's of Heavy Metal" or the creators of Hard Rock. They had heavy influences over both but created neither.Each album has influences of heavy guitar to light acoustic. Light and shade is the one concept throughout. The very name Led Zeppelin symbolizes this "ying yang" concept that they have always emphasized.

• 1 month later...

I've never understood the "metal" label. I believe this label is more of a result of Robert Plant's singing voice, and possibly lyrical content, than anything else.

They were and are far too versatile to be considered just a "metal" band. I feel that the genre of metal has very strict boundaries which are far to restrictive to contain even a small percentage of Zeppelin's songs.

Led Zeppelin took in a lot of different influences. I think at their heart they were generally a heavy rock band with various influences, but especially two, being the blues and, though people ignore it, old English folk. Even seemingly non-folk songs like Kashmir and The Song Remains the Same include definite folk elements. While seemingly non-blues songs like The Ocean or Trampled Underfoot contain definite blues elements.

I think the only song that mostly defies the boundaries of hard-rock-blues(funk too?)-folk is Achilles Last Stand. Funnily enough I believe it to be the only Zep song covered by the whole of Dream Theater--not my taste. You could also say D'Yer Mak'er, but that's a one off and not in my opinion one of Zep's finer moments. So there you go...

Saturday, vh1 Classic are re-airing Led Zeppelin:Live.

I am not 100% certain, but I think is the same thing that is contained in the Mothership DVD.

Check your local listings for time.

It's airs a couple more times next week.

If it's the same thing they've aired prior, looks like was a compilation of selected clips from the 2003 DVD.

Im guessing its the footage from the Mothership dvd, Which in hindsight isnt bad but its alot of footage thats been replayd alot in the past little bit. I would like to see some clips/ songs from the LA fourm days thoese sets were really nice and it is a shame that they keep showing the same footage over and over but most of the clips they show are zep at their best. i just wish there was more footage i guess lol When you have all the dvd's live broadcasts arent that special... Add a new interview or something! lol

Led Zeppelin did not and does not "fit" into the stereotypical convenient little labels that the music business loves to put on artists. That's one of the reasons they were so unpopular with the press. They didn't fit into any one mold. They were the creators of their own realm, their own unique blended sound, their own unique mold. No group compares, IMHO. That's why they are timeless ad their music will touch many generations to come.

Heavy metal? No way. That's why you will not see any member of LZ being interviewed in those VH1 Classic programs about heavy metal bands.

Archived