Tennis

weslgarlic

• 8 months later...

Well, Nadal has now unequivocally established himself as the greatest clay court player of all-time. I'm now convinced that Nadal -- barring serious injury or illness -- will equal and then surpass Federer's record.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^

I waa wondering when you would get around to posting a Maria pic, Rick. Grunt-grunt. :P

Wimbledon seems to be Federer's last remaining hope in adding to his Major totals. Nadal OWNS the French Open and even seems to be Federer's equal on the hard courts of the US and Aussie Opens. The grass courts of Wimbledon are Roger's last stand.

^^^

I waa wondering when you would get around to posting a Maria pic, Rick. Grunt-grunt. :P

Wimbledon seems to be Federer's last remaining hope in adding to his Major totals. Nadal OWNS the French Open and even seems to be Federer's equal on the hard courts of the US and Aussie Opens. The grass courts of Wimbledon are Roger's last stand.

Oh man. She is out. She lost. Fuck

Wellllll...that was certainly worth getting up early for!

Quite a 5-set battle between Federer and Djokovic at Wimbledon today. Even though my man Federer eventually lost, I don't mind that he lost to Djokovic...anybody but Nadal. Onward to the US Open in New York.

• 1 month later...

My man Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic continue on their path to meet in the US Open Men's Final. The Men's semis are set for Saturday, with Federer taking on Croatian Marin Cilic in one semi and Djokovic playing Japan's Kei Nishikori in the other. Meanwhile, Serena Williams looks unstoppable...the Women's Final will be Serena versus Caroline Wozniacki from Denmark.

But I haven't really been passionate about women's tennis since Steffi Graf retired and broke my heart. My main interest will be to see if Federer can win one more major and put some more distance between him and Nadal...it's been a couple of years since his last major title.

My man Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic continue on their path to meet in the US Open Men's Final. The Men's semis are set for Saturday, with Federer taking on Croatian Marin Cilic in one semi and Djokovic playing Japan's Kei Nishikori in the other. Meanwhile, Serena Williams looks unstoppable...the Women's Final will be Serena versus Caroline Wozniacki from Denmark.

But I haven't really been passionate about women's tennis since Steffi Graf retired and broke my heart. My main interest will be to see if Federer can win one more major and put some more distance between him and Nadal...it's been a couple of years since his last major title.

Hey Strider,

How's it goin?

I've been pulling for Simona Halep recently in the women's tennis. I'll be glad to pull for Caroline Wozniacki in the Finals.

Federer and Djokovoc! :D Those two should be fun to watch if they meet.

Strider, would you care to make this any more little more interesting? A gentleman's bet. Nothing more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0VRAca0MYw :lol: Darndest thing.

Edited by apantherfrommd

Aww Shucks, Huck! The games were not ever in our favor.

Federer, Djokovic both lose in US Open semifinals

What the hell panther!?! I bet CBS didn't see that coming! How are they going to sell the Croat vs. the Japanese to America? Hahaha.

Meanwhile, may I offer my condolences to Fire Opal, as we Federer fans lick our wounds and countdown to next year's Wimbledon. Of the four majors, Wimbledon is Federer's best chance to add another major to his tally. The French Open is out, as clay is Nadal's domain until he retires. The Australian is too hot and the wear-and-tear too hard on his old legs. The US Open is still a possibility, especially when Nadal gets knocked out early, but he's going to be another year older next year.

Besides, Nadal got knocked out this year and Roger couldn't come thru. No, it's looking more and more like the hallowed grass of Wimbledon is the last stand for our knight of the nets.