How many fans are over 50

TheRambler

A very young at heart (and young looking, so I'm told) 55! Anyway.........have been a Zeppelin fan since 1970. I saw them in New Orleans '73 with my first boyfriend and then again in Baton Rouge '75 with my last boyfriend, who is now my husband! Had tickets for their New Orleans 1977 concert, but sadly it had to be cancelled. I feel very lucky and blessed to have been born when I was!!!!! The music was amazing!

I'm over 50. 54 on 12/28 to be exact.

The same day I busted my ass walking down my deck steps at night, in the rain, wearing flip-flops.

Broke the hell outta my left index finger and got to have surgery with a titanium plate and screws inserted.

But the really *cool* thing is, in Black Dog years I'm around 378.

And I saw Led Zeppelin May 18, 1977 in Birmingham. I was a young 126+ in Black Dog years at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Over 50 ? Christ, I not over turning 30 yet ! However, I will be 62 in June. The first time I ever heard of LZ was in homeroom in high school, the kid next to me had his wardrobe planned out in his notebook for a trip to the Fillmore East. I asked him who he was going in to see. "Iron Butterfly with Led Zeppelin opening up for them" he says. I had heard of Iron Butterfly, of course, but Led Zeppelin sounded even more intriguing. Wasn't til a couple weeks later did I get to hear LZ 1, and it was all over after that. Saw them at Madison Square Garden 1970, 1971 & 1973, Nassau Coliseum in 1972 & LA Forum in 1975.

• 1 month later...

I'll be 50 in june,and led zeppelin has been my fave band since 1972 when my sister bought me the first two led zeppelin albums. was plan on seeing them on the fall tour of 1980,but bonzo died and the rest is history.also been a rush fan for at least 40 years

• 1 month later...

I've been a huge fan since 1969 and there's never a day goes by that I don't think about those heady days. I'm still listening to them and wept through the Kennedy Center Tribute as I was so proud.

Yeah I had tears in my eyes too watching it/them. Couldn't help wishing Bonzo had somehow been able to make it.

58 here and still get goosebumps when I hear the start of Whole lot of Love, so many memories of loving the songs from way back, listen to some of the music most days.

56 here...and Whole Lotta Love is my cell phone Ring tone hah. Cheers brother/sister!

Just want to add an anecdote. I lived in a isolated community North of Vancouver Canada in my youth. To go see LZ in 1975 I had to skip school for a day to make the trip. When I got back to school my math teacher (the stern Englishman Mr. Ramsey) asked me "Lamothe, where were you yesterday?" "I was in Vancouver" I responded. "But WHERE were you?" he asked again. Confused, I responded, as if asking a question "I was in Vancouver seeing Led Zeppelin?" To which he answered "that's good, you can sit down" with a small smile on his face (the only one I'd ever seen on him).

54 here... been a fan since I was 16. Managed to see them at Knebworth when I was 19, wife still has the t shirt, I wore mine out in a year :(

51, fan from age 11 thanks to an amazing sister and the Immigrant Song single. Still have it. Hedgerobustle which shirt does your wife have from Knebworth? I still have my yellow one and my robin's egg blue one. Sad that they do not fit anymore due to some seriously good eating.

51, fan from age 11 thanks to an amazing sister and the Immigrant Song single. Still have it. Hedgerobustle which shirt does your wife have from Knebworth? I still have my yellow one and my robin's egg blue one. Sad that they do not fit anymore due to some seriously good eating.

The same one as I'm wearing here... no chance of my missus (or me for that matter)

wearing one of those again :( Pictured here at one of the knebworth car parks.

63ti.jpg

I've been a huge fan since 1969 and there's never a day goes by that I don't think about those heady days. I'm still listening to them and wept through the Kennedy Center Tribute as I was so proud.

Yes kennedy center show does have its moments of tears. Hats Off To Led Zeppelin, Come on now the First Lady groovin to the sweet music. Beautiful.

Archived