SUPER BOWL SPREADS: Share Your Super Bowl Feast Menu!

Strider

My plans have changed. My 4 year old son was was up all night with the flu so just gonna hang out at home . The wife works today. I've been marinating flat iron steak for 2 days now. Guess I won't be sharing those bastards with anyone.

My wife wanted me to bake a turkey, so I've got a 14 pounder in the oven as I write.

I'm covered on all angles. Either sandwiches or a semi Thanksgiving spread.

And lots of cheap beer.

My plans have changed. My 4 year old son was was up all night with the flu so just gonna hang out at home . The wife works today. I've been marinating flat iron steak for 2 days now. Guess I won't be sharing those bastards with anyone.

Same here.....my daughter started having a kidney stone attack last night. Been trying to get her to consume plenty of liquids, but is somewhat of a challenge.

We'll be watching the game but I will be concentrating on getting my daughter better.

BTW.....I'm rooting for the 49er's.

Strider, I want to come to your party...sounds yummy.

We're not have a party, but I will be fixing hot dogs, potato salad, guacamole with chips and the usual football shaped chocolate cake. The only time I get to use the special cake pan. Just wish I could of put the Patriot logo on it.

I'd invite you over to Lake Elsinore but then you'd have to listen to my brother and sister-in-law fight. :blink:

Sorry to hear about your daughter...hope it's not too serious.

Well, I had a feeling I was forgetting something in my food preparations...and I was! I totally forgot about making my Maryland Crab Cakes! D'oh! Hope this doesn't jinx my Baltimore pick.

Okay, I need to address some misconceptions some people here have expressed about my bacon brownies.

1. There is no maple syrup involved...and no frosting whatsoever of any kind. I never frost my brownies, and while you may have read about bacon caramelized with maple syrup elsewhere, that's not how I do it. U use a judicious amount of brown sugar, that's all. It's not overly sweet to where it overwhelms the bacon's natural saltiness. It's a perfect balance of salt/sweet that compliment each other. Like I said, not one person who has had my brownies has failed to love them.

Another important distinction, I use high quality chocolate, bacon and butter in my brownies. No brownies from a mix...completely made from scratch using either Valrhona or Scharffen Berger bittersweet or semisweet chocolate.

Oh, and the Gloop I make is NOT the gloop that Anjin-san posted...but it's equally disgusting.

My gloop is equal measures of Velveeta cheese and salsa put in a bowl and nuked in the microwave for around 30-45 seconds until the cheese is melted. Stir it up until it's all mixed together and serve with chips.

It looks and sounds gross, but the kids love it...just like they prefer Kraft macaroni & cheese to homemade.

Bon appétite everyone! Remember, it's a long game...pace yourselves!

Same here.....my daughter started having a kidney stone attack last night. Been trying to get her to consume plenty of liquids, but is somewhat of a challenge.

We'll be watching the game but I will be concentrating on getting my daughter better.

BTW.....I'm rooting for the 49er's.

I'll be rootin' for the niners AND your daughter !

Fairly simple fare this afternoon/evening.

Baked chicken Buffalo style.

Chips and ranch dip (real Breakstone sour cream with Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix).

And one of my favorite snacks - kind of an hors d'oeuvres, I guess - I don't even have a name for it:

Most kinds of crackers work, but I'm using Wheat thins.

They're then topped with Philadelphia cream cheese, ham, and a bread and butter pickle chip.

It's just me and the kids, so no real serious spread involved.

do you foodies actually watch the game? seems like the food takes first place on these occasions .... or should i say second, after the half-time carry-on and the ads! :D

my son has gone to a mates place to watch it. there was no talk of food, just a few drinks.

i'd like to try all those things you mentioned, strider. haven't ever had any of them!

anyway, to all my fellow yanks : have a great night! :)

do you foodies actually watch the game? seems like the food takes first place on these occasions .... or should i say second, after the half-time carry-on and the ads! :D

my son has gone to a mates place to watch it. there was no talk of food, just a few drinks.

i'd like to try all those things you mentioned, strider. haven't ever had any of them!

anyway, to all my fellow yanks : have a great night! :)

It's an integrated evening of football, food, friends, fun and.... frosty adult beverages!!

We do watch the game...but it's really long. So you have to have something to entertain you during the down times :)

Thanks for the good wishes - it was a great game!!

And hope you're feeling better!!!

It's an integrated evening of football, food, friends, fun and.... frosty adult beverages!!

We do watch the game...but it's really long. So you have to have something to entertain you during the down times :)

Thanks for the good wishes - it was a great game!!

And hope you're feeling better!!!

i hope you enjoyed it, did you win?

i hope you enjoyed it, did you win?

jeez Shelia with all the breaks , and the power cut , I kept going back to net surfing , its 5am in the UK ,my first game all I can remember is the record touch down were the player ran 80 yards? watched a programme about kangaroo rescue this afternoon about saving young joey's from the poaches of dead kangaroo mothers killed on the roads in the outback

Wear it proud. I can't decide on my Suggs, Flacco or Ngata. I wore the 52 Friday. I'll wear it to the parade Tuesday and then probably never again.

Hey, next year your boys are playing Buffalo. I read the headline on Buffalo News. But I am not sure where its at?

• 11 months later...

Nothing too earth shattering.

Popcorn chicken (mainly for the kids)

Kielbasa; in this homemade red sauce of brown sugar, ketchup, red wine vinegar, ginger, and soy sauce.

Chicken Wings : hot and spicy + teriyaki

Black bean salsa; a mrs. Walter recipe with black beans, fiesta corn, rotel, and green onions, among other things...

Old Bay steamed shrimp with cocktail sauce (extra horseradish of course!)

and picking up some of mrs. Walter's favorite sushi!

Just having some close friends and their kids over. You west coast folks have it good. You can have a good party and still be functional the next day! I wish this game was on a Saturday night!

Thanks Strider-man. I will be having chili, muffalettas, King cake to celebrate

Carnival and the Super Bowl. Plenty of beer to drown my sorrows when

Denver loses. :)

Where's your confidence? Chin up, kiddo!

I can't believe I am posting in a sports thread...Aaccckkk!!! Haha..

Hubby's orange chicken...man can make beautiful things in a crockpot...a firefighters first choice!

Bruschetta and various other finger foods. Found a new Sam Adams brew: 'Escape Route'

Perfect.

I can't believe I am posting in a sports thread...Aaccckkk!!! Haha..

Hubby's orange chicken...man can make beautiful things in a crockpot...a firefighters first choice!

Bruschetta and various other finger foods. Found a new Sam Adams brew: 'Escape Route'

Perfect.

You are always welcome anywhere planted! We welcome sports and non-sports fans alike.

Any Fireman's chili on the menu as well?

You are always welcome anywhere planted! We welcome sports and non-sports fans alike.

Any Fireman's chili on the menu as well?

Oh, I don't think you mean I am always welcome, anywhere...

His chiptole chili is a hit every time!

Archived