I Really Miss Ronnie James DIO...

kingzoso

It still breaks My heart that Ronnie James DIO is no longer with US. I know that there are other threads related to Ronnie, however, I wanted to start a new one because He deserves all that His loyal fans can and do really appreciate.

From what I have seen, read and heard, RJD really Loved and Appreciated His fans from all over the World. I had the privelage to see him twice and even got to shake His hand when He came offstage to greet all His fans.

After Robert Plant, Ronnie James DIO is my favorite Singer.

LONG LIVE RONNIE JAMES DIO!!!

http://youtu.be/bkysjcs5vFU

http://youtu.be/1jX5vJgXoDo

http://youtu.be/wxxOPvLg7o0

Yeah, Ronnie was great. Love his stuff with Rainbow, Sabbath, Solo stuff, and Heaven and Hell. I actually saw him live only twice. The first time was when he was in Elf. Elf opened up for Slade. Don't remember much about them, although I have heard some of their stuff and it's pretty good. The only other time I saw him was with Rainbow. Unfortunately, that was one of the worst concerts I ever attended. Not because of Ronnie. For the 2 1/2 songs they did he was great. Ritchie ruined the show. Rainbow had top billing and only played for about 45 minutes. Most of Rainbow's set was Ritchie just fooling around on his guitar while the rest of the band just stood there (this was around the time they released "Long Live Rock & Roll:). No encore. Then again, the crowd really wasn't looking for an encore anyway. When the show ended, everyone walked out kind of quietly and suprised. The two openers, Montrose and Uriah Heep were very good. Oops, enough complaining. Back to Ronnie-yes he was great. I'm glad I have lots of his music to listen to.

Saw him with Rainbow in 78 i think? Great gig although I had the flu and had seats about 3 rows from the front. Crikey did I have an aching head for a few days. Ritchie was on good behavoir for once. My memories from the show are the Wizard of Oz opening and cozy Powells drum solo. Felt like my head was going to explode. Ronnie was superb. I think RB trashed his fender

Ronnie James Dio was in my opinion the most consistent hard rock / metal singer..

Robert Plant had plenty of off nights, so didn't Ian Gillan, Rob Halford, Steven Tyler ... right down the line..

Ronnie James Dio never did. He sounded as good in his mid-late 60's as he did in his 30's.

I'd have to say the same thing about Sammy Hagar.

I don't care much for his music, but his voice is always spot on.

+1

I remember seeing Ronnie in Omaha, 19 March 1992 during the "Mob Rules" tour with Black Sabbath. Just before the first encore a roadie rushed out onto the stage while the lights were off and replaced Ronnie's mike stand with one that was about one foot tall! The stage lights come on, the band returns to the stage and Ronnie looked around for his mike before looking down and seeing the joke that had been played on him. He laughed for a while then got down on his hands and knees and started addressing the crowd.

Great moment I'll never forget and I always thought that THAT was the kind of guy he was beyond his incredible voice and talent!

If you're looking down Ronnie, believe me, you are missed!

Ronnie James Dio was in my opinion the most consistent hard rock / metal singer..

Robert Plant had plenty of off nights, so didn't Ian Gillan, Rob Halford, Steven Tyler ... right down the line..

Ronnie James Dio never did. He sounded as good in his mid-late 60's as he did in his 30's.

Glenn Hughs also, his voice is incredible to this day, saw Sammy about a year ago and I loved it, he still can bring it, Ronnie was as you say, he always sounded good, at times he is my favorite singer, met him 3 times, 1st time we chatted for about 25 mn, a very nice man and one of the greatest singers EVER.

Glenn Hughs also, his voice is incredible to this day, saw Sammy about a year ago and I loved it, he still can bring it, Ronnie was as you say, he always sounded good, at times he is my favorite singer, met him 3 times, 1st time we chatted for about 25 mn, a very nice man and one of the greatest singers EVER.

Yeah well, Hughes has a great voice, but I dont like it. Its something like what Blackore said... they were thinking about having no lead singer, so that Hughes would sing all the songs, but Ritchie was agains cos he didnt want a "female singer" :))). Also, Mr. Hughes ego is something I cant stand. I love BCC music, but Hughes is so egocentric, that its being ridiculous at some points.

The Chase mentioned Rob Halford as a maybe candidate for one of the greatest voices??? What??? Well his singing fits JP music, but I heard him with Sabbath for example and it was awfull. He is not a good singer imo (but again, its just my opinion).

Anyway, Dio is a legend, he will be remmembered forever. Luckily for future generations ;).

!!!Long Live Rock And Roll!!!

Edited by Stormbringer

If anyone has not seen this documentary it is pretty good and I am pretty sure Ronnie is in it a little bit, if I remember correctly....same directors that did the latest RUSH dvd doc which was great also......ciao

Global Metal

Released in 2008, Sam directed a new film, titled Global Metal. In the film, directors Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn set out to discover how the West’s most maligned musical genre – heavy metal – has impacted the world’s cultures beyond Europe and North America. The film follows metal fan and anthropologist Sam Dunn on a whirlwind journey through Asia, South America and the Middle East as he explores the underbelly of the world’s emerging extreme music scenes — from Indonesian death metal to Israeli Oriental metal and Chinese black metal to Iranian thrash metal, etc. The film reveals a worldwide community of metalheads who are not just absorbing metal from the West – they are transforming it, and creating a new form of cultural expression in societies dominated by conflict, corruption and mass-consumerism.[1]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Today, May 16th marks the 3 year Anniversary of the passing of the amazing Ronnie James Dio.. Remember to play some Dio era Black Sabbath / Heaven and Hell, Dio, Rainbow, or Elf today..

Edited by the chase

Listening to "Holy Diver" right now.

http://youtu.be/bkysjcs5vFU

Just knowing that Ronnie left this world just 3 years ago literally brings tears to my eyes. I LOVE YOU RONNIE JAMES DIO. So do the millions of Your fans from all over the planet Earth.

Edited to add: If anyone who reads this and Loves Ronnie James Dio and his Great Music, please take a minute and say something here. Thanks!!!

Edited by kingzoso

I agree with you. I never got the chance to see Ronnie James Dio in concert, and I will always regret it. Not only was he a great singer, but from what I have heard, he was also an outstanding person as well. My husband and I were listening to the "Dehumanizer" album recently and my husband commented that Ronnie was in his 50's when that album came out and he still sounded as good as he did when he was 30. When I heard he died, I actually teared up, which I rarely ever do when a star/famous person dies. Ronnie was a special person and no one can ever replace him. I may get blasted, but Ronnie is my favorite singer of all time, above Robert Plant.