Jason Bonham "Good Times Bad Times" transcription from Celebration Day

elfinjones

Hey Everyone,

My friends at Modern Drummer Magazine have just published my transcription and play-along MP3 of "Good Times Bad Times" from Celebration Day on their Website:

http://www.moderndru...n/#.UQrL0vK2KSq

The transcription includes stickings and the MP3 of the drum part is based on a tempo map from the Celebration Day CD. I hope you have a chance to check it out, it was great to really hear how Jason approached this song. Thanks!

--Eric

you found me out... I am a gear hoarder. I feel bad that I didn't recognize who you were Eric, like I said your Buddy Rich vids got a ton of play here

thank you again for the transcription, I don't use a double bass but I may have to after playing through your transcription several times. The sticking is the most helpful.post-21997-0-46438200-1359734696_thumb.j

Hey Dallas - thanks for checking out the transcription, cool photo. Did you happen to play along with the MP3? I know it's impossible to capture a drummers feel with a computer, but I tried to get that behind the beat thing happening with the sequence.

Thanks for the props on the Buddy vids, I really appreciate it.

--Eric

E

I played along with the MP3 several times and then the Celebration Day Blu-Ray just now this evening. Nothing but positive from me. Your work is appreciated. It makes me appreciate a real drummer even more. Getting the tag and outtro right is going to take a while for me to get there.

Hope you do more songs from the concert. Something simple like For Your Life maybe. :superman:

E

I played along with the MP3 several times and then the Celebration Day Blu-Ray just now this evening. Nothing but positive from me. Your work is appreciated. It makes me appreciate a real drummer even more. Getting the tag and outtro right is going to take a while for me to get there.

Hope you do more songs from the concert. Something simple like For Your Life maybe. :superman:

Yeah, the intro can be tricky, starting with the left hand. A lot of drummers don't seem to realize that John and Jason start their patterns with their left, including the famous triplets: L R Foot.

I'll look into "For Your Life" - great groove! Thanks for the comments.

--Eric

having the transcription in front of me and playing along with the Blu-Ray helps me hear more of what is going on with the drums- while he plays it straight up faithful Jason has some clever little bits going on there at times especially with his timing on accents and transitions and his cymbal work is stronger and more solid than I would have noticed otherwise. Usually I get so caught up in the vocals and guitar.

Modern Drummer or someone needs to hire you to do the Celebration Day complete.

Playing along with Good Times, Bad Times is a fantastic education and it's a ton of fun I would never have had a chance to have. Thank you again sir. I would never have attempted to play this song other than to muddle my way through, hit the triplets and hold a pocket together. It's so nice to see what good looks like and have access to it !!!

Archived