Zeppelin Reunion Tour?

Flip Longley

There are still people who keep their fingers crossed, but as you will see, I will get a lot of negative responses (or none hehe) to this post.

FACT is, there mostly probably (~100%) wont be any reunion tour, and probably (~99.999%) not even another one off. SOme Zep fans are even fine with that so that Zeps preserve their mystique around them. Me, for myself, will keep my fingers crossed forever. Its a metter of opinion. but AGAIN, fact stays a fact.

A tour although theoretically might be possible (though we all know it ain't happening) is one thing I would deffinitely look forward too, BUT... In my opinion an album of brand new material or never before released stuff would be even more important and GRAND! And unlike the tour, the chances for that to happen are slightly higher...

I still believe they should've tried that... I mean, Jason is close to perfect replacing his father on the drums...Plant said it himself, that Zeppelin is about experimenting and moving on...so why not make one proper grand finale by making and releasing something akin to Queen's Innuendo or Made in Heaven!?

I mean...if Sabbath and Stones can do it, why can't Zeppelin?

A tour although theoretically might be possible (though we all know it ain't happening) is one thing I would deffinitely look forward too, BUT... In my opinion an album of brand new material or never before released stuff would be even more important and GRAND! And unlike the tour, the chances for that to happen are slightly higher...

I still believe they should've tried that... I mean, Jason is close to perfect replacing his father on the drums...Plant said it himself, that Zeppelin is about experimenting and moving on...so why not make one proper grand finale by making and releasing something akin to Queen's Innuendo or Made in Heaven!?

I mean...if Sabbath and Stones can do it, why can't Zeppelin?

Thats where Im coming from as well. Sure another(s) one off would be great and I wouldnt knock it in the least, and I think they could pull that off. But a full world blown tour, IMO, would be difficult (and this is not a joke on these guys) because quite frankly these men are getting up there in age. And for them to physically perform at a level necessary to deliver a typical Led Zeppelin performance night in and out might be taxing on them to say the least. Hell it was taxing on them when they where doing it in the 1970's, and they were young men then! Also I know the Stones are still doing it (kinda) but compare one of their new shows to one say from 1972 or something and you can see that time has taken its due. Its not a knock, its nature.

But new studio material, thats a different kettle of fish IMO. I would be very interested to see what the three guys (with Jason filling in for his dad) could create after all these years of growing and learning. It could be something amazing and I would for sure want to hear it. I've used the example of the Beach Boys several times on this subject but I really think it applies here. The Beach Boys where widely seen as having totally lost the ability to create any new worth while studio music since 1977 (some would say even before that). But in 2011 those guys went into studio, hunkered down and produced one of their most critically acclaimed albums since the late 60's early 70's. It was a big hit for them and showed that they werent just a bunch of old guys whos time had passed. If the Beach Boys can do it, Page, Plant, JPJ with Jason on board can as well IMO!

The Beach Boys where widely seen as having totally lost the ability to create any new worth while studio music since 1977 (some would say even before that). But in 2011 those guys went into studio, hunkered down and produced one of their most critically acclaimed albums since the late 60's early 70's. It was a big hit for them and showed that they werent just a bunch of old guys whos time had passed. If the Beach Boys can do it, Page, Plant, JPJ with Jason on board can as well IMO!

I cannot say that I have actually heard the new Beach Boys album (because I haven't) but I did see them perform at last years Grammy's (or some music) event on t.v. and I seem to recall that there were, it seemed, like 10 or 15 musicians on the stage plus the remaining Beach Boys.

Of course Jimmy, Robert, John Paul and Jason could pull of and create something truly amazing and it would not require any other "outside" musicians either in the studio or on-stage.

Edited: I messed up somehow. The top paragraph is from SuperStatic. My reply are the ones below his that I have underlined.

I have literally heard thousands of rumors about a reunion tour. I have heard Plant will quit if they go on tour, I've heard nobody wants to tour without Bonzo, I've literally heard everything you can think of. Can someone please clear this up?

Yes I can clear it up for you. John Henry Bonham died in 1980. Therefore Led Zeppelin ceased to exist as a band. How can they tour? Is that clear enough for you?

Archived