PLANT SOLO/ "SLOW DANCER" forwards VS STAIRWAY backwards

z1inspector

Did anyone else notice that Plant sings his "spooky" solo song "Slow Dancer" (with the same speed & timing changes) the same way to what you hear when you hear Stairway BACKWARDS?

(NO im not an advocate of any backward "messages")

it almost sounds like hes singing in a unknown language because he's Surley NOT singing the lyrics that are posted. & ITS NOT A LANGUAGE known to "man".

hmmm......wonder what slow dancer sounds like backwards?

The lyrics don't sound reversed to me at all, but just plain simple English.

They are buried a bit deep in the mix. Try googling for the lyrics, some versions are good enough to understand what is being sung.

i agree they DONT sound reversed ,however the studio version is as much a strech as making words out of what you hear when playing stairway backwards AND oddly enuf with the SAME TYPE OF TIME PAUSES & RESTARTING IN MID VERSE not unlike STH sounds backwards.

first song our band covered off of Pictures at Eleven

maybe if we had listened to it backwards we could have done a better job of it live. Our singer sang to clearly, didn't have three layers of slap-back delay and he was up in the mix... best I recall we probably didn't do it more than a dozen times. As fun as it was to play musically, it was not going to be a fixture in the rotation. Still a little disappointed. We wore out the LP trying to figure out the words. Gad that was frustrating.

first song our band covered off of Pictures at Eleven

maybe if we had listened to it backwards we could have done a better job of it live. Our singer sang to clearly, didn't have three layers of slap-back delay and he was up in the mix... best I recall we probably didn't do it more than a dozen times. As fun as it was to play musically, it was not going to be a fixture in the rotation. Still a little disappointed. We wore out the LP trying to figure out the words. Gad that was frustrating.

I bet it was hard, i would love to hear a recording of ANYONE covering it, impressed that u even tried,sounds complicated ,but SUCH an amazing song!

Personally I don't think that Robert has listened to STH backwards and that this inspired him to write this song then.

Slow Dancer sounds more like a little brother of Kashmir to me, including the arab-like vocalisms.

i dont think he did either,but things have a way of chaneling through! its sung in a VERY other dimensional sort of way weather he was aware of the effect or not idk ,BUT I LOVE IT!

Burning Down One Side

We almost came to blows arguing about the lyrics. When the songbook was released we realized each of us missed it a lot and sang it incorrectly for months. Not one person caught it.

She's playing hookey with my heart.... we got about 90% of the lyrics right. First line great... Spotty after that. It was like a muddy Fool in the Rain sound.

Burning Down One Side

We almost came to blows arguing about the lyrics. When the songbook was released we realized each of us missed it a lot and sang it incorrectly for months. Not one person caught it.

She's playing hookey with my heart.... we got about 90% of the lyrics right. First line great... Spotty after that. It was like a muddy Fool in the Rain sound.

yea GOOD THING no1 listens to me too close if its playing on the radio , im still making words ,actually their just sounds that fit ,ha ha ha

Burning Down One Side

hey was it ever revield who that mystery ax player was in that 1st video of his, the one whos face is all wraped up like a mummy & jumps up on the dinner table ?

• 1 month later...

are you sure? i mean thats the obvious answer however i thoght he was being a little mysterious about it all ?,(or just being silly i guess)

It must have been some label person's bright idea to wrap up Mr. Blunt so that people would think it just MIGHT be Jimmy Page!

I remember people arguing about who it was.

Archived