Led Zepp UK Road Trip

mckjuana

I currently live in Australia and once a year I get a couple of weeks to fly back home and roam around the UK, generally catching up with people and just curing homesickness.

Usually I have no agenda, I just go places. However this year (July) I thought I'd do a Led Zepp Road trip.

I was hoping the forum could help out with suggestions of Zepp landmarks in the UK

I've provisionally identified the following:

Bron yr aur

Site of LZ4 back cover photo

Page's pangbourne house

The devils hole (jersey)

Boleskine house

London (bound to be a few!)

Rushock

Any suggestions

I currently live in Australia and once a year I get a couple of weeks to fly back home and roam around the UK, generally catching up with people and just curing homesickness.

Usually I have no agenda, I just go places. However this year (July) I thought I'd do a Led Zepp Road trip.

I was hoping the forum could help out with suggestions of Zepp landmarks in the UK

Bron yr aur

Page's pangbourne house

The devils hole (jersey)

Boleskine house

Rushock

Any suggestions

Hi Mckjuana,

Lucky you! :)

There was some great ideas offered to another poster in this thread....

And in that thread there is a link to another thread with more ideas!

Happy journeys, enjoy your time home! :)

Peace.

just did bron yr aur

rainy but the owners (daughter of the guy who bought it in 71) was more than happy to let us roam around the front, take pics and now has a visitors book for all to sign, just be polite and try not to intrude!

here is a 360 of the grounds

http://www.dermandar...MeI/bron-yr-aur

and rushock a wee while back

http://www.dermandar.com/p/arcNKM/john-bonham

just did bron yr aur

rainy but the owners (daughter of the guy who bought it in 71) was more than happy to let us roam around the front, take pics and now has a visitors book for all to sign, just be polite and try not to intrude!

here is a 360 of the grounds

http://www.dermandar...MeI/bron-yr-aur

and rushock a wee while back

http://www.dermandar...NKM/john-bonham

wow, thanks for that! so cool to see that little cottage up close!

Bron yr aur

Page's pangbourne house

The devils hole (jersey)

Boleskine house

Rushock

Any suggestions

can i hide in your backpack? :)

Thanks, some great suggestions in this and the other thread:

Definitely Headley Grange

Raglan castle potentially

Olympic studios

First rehearsal place

Jimmy's tower house

Does anyone know if Jennings farm is "accessible"?

I'm also trying to work out internally if I should include the place where it all ended :(

Concert halls are too anonymous to be zeppelin specific IMO. I've been to the royal Albert hall dozens of times, and while it's awesome, it doesn't really ring out zeppelin to me.

Maybe some of the smaller venues, but probably not.

Is the Old Street rehearsal room on the cover I TSRT still standing?

Also: butt naked, blonde wig, giants causeway :)

It's a family home and definitely shouldn't be included in a sight-seeing tour.

Not to split hairs but isn't Bron yr Aur too?

And Jimmy's London house?

I wasn't planning on knocking on the door, just looking to see what was visible from the nearest public road, listening to JFBlues on my iPod, jump back in the car and them being on my merry way.

I wasn't planning on knocking on the door, just looking to see what was visible from the nearest public road, listening to JFBlues on my iPod, jump back in the car and them being on my merry way.

It sounds like some of Page's former homes, and likely the former/current homes of John Paul and Robert, are fairly secluded so you'd be in for a hike.

It sounds like some of Page's former homes, and likely the former/current homes of John Paul and Robert, are fairly secluded so you'd be in for a hike.

That's cool, thanks. That's what I meant by accessible. If they're secluded and on private land then I'm obviously not going to treck across and take photos. If they were visible then I'd have a look as best I could. Public footpaths are fair game.

Hmmm. I hasn't considerd how accessible boleskine is actually.

Well you asked for advice. That's my genuine advice. Members of Robert's family still live there and he hates it when people trek up there to look, so personally as a fan of the band I would prefer to adhere to his wishes, but I guess that's down to personal values and the definition of "fair game".

It isn't on a road that people walk along all the time, like Jimmy's London house is, and you won't see anything you haven't already seen in photos, so for me my time would be better spent going somewhere like Raglan where you can actually physically go in there and enjoy it on a personal level.

As for Bron yr Aur it's already been stated in this thread that sometimes the current owners are ok with people making a respectful pilgrimage - and no doubt sometimes it is pain in the arse, so you take that risk.

Anyway, lots of fun to be had if it's done right, so good luck with it.

Well you asked for advice. That's my genuine advice. Members of Robert's family still live there and he hates it when people trek up there to look, so personally as a fan of the band I would prefer to adhere to his wishes, but I guess that's down to personal values and the definition of "fair game".

It isn't on a road that people walk along all the time, like Jimmy's London house is, and you won't see anything you haven't already seen in photos, so for me my time would be better spent going somewhere like Raglan where you can actually physically go in there and enjoy it on a personal level.

As for Bron yr Aur it's already been stated in this thread that sometimes the current owners are ok with people making a respectful pilgrimage - and no doubt sometimes it is pain in the arse, so you take that risk.

Anyway, lots of fun to be had if it's done right, so good luck with it.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is Raglan?

Gorgeous, gorgeous pics!

#3 is just breathtaking!

Now Raglan has been added to my bucket list!

Looks like y'all are having a wonderful time!

Thanks for posting HenryBonzo!

Peace!

Archived