Counselling After The Gig

He didn't initially say his friend was suicidal!

Just because someone is depressed doesn't mean they want to kill themselves. It turns out here that this was the case with his friend.

I'm currently depressed but

1) I don't want to kill myself

2) not knowing if I'll ever see my favorite band ever, certainly doesn't help...but isn't a primary reason for my condition either

Ok...you took that way too personal. :rolleyes:

I mentioned the suicidal bit after they said their friend slit their wrists. Newsflash...usually when people slit their wrists, they are suicidal.

Don't think I don't know about depression. I know it doesn't always mean suicidal. I'm not a child, I know a few things. ;)

Anyway, this thread is depressing, I won't be returning to it. :wave: If you have a problem with what I wrote, PM is always open. :rolleyes:

Ok...you took that way too personal. :rolleyes:

I mentioned the suicidal bit after they said their friend slit their wrists. Newsflash...usually when people slit their wrists, they are suicidal.

Oh. It's not that I took it personal, it's that I'm really picky when it comes to the order of events, and assumptions people make from one thing to the next.

It was just weird that you talked about wrist slitting before the person confirmed it was so.

My post should have been worded differently.

When you said

but I'm not slitting my wrists over it.

I took that to mean "suicide".

Sorry for misinterpreting your comment.

The thing I don't get is that if you equate "wrist slitting" with "suicidal" like most of us do, then you basically think of them as on in the same.

And if you think of them as the same then it means that you were indeed indirectly mentioning suicide before he confirmed it.

If you look at the progression of posts, you'll see what I mean.

it was like

depression(post 1) ---> wrist slitting (post 2)

and THEN it was revealed he was indeed suicidal (post 3)

I think what I meant to say was "I don't like how you jumped from depression to wrist slitting before the guy confirmed anything like that"

Anyways, I just wanted to clear up my comments, and why I said what I said.

Dr. Free recomends a bootlegged copy of the show, a Zep obsessed friend or two, some of your favorite "refreshments" and 100 watts of stereo power to chase away those "fun of comming and all the pain of leavin" blues.

I'm well on my way then Doc.... got a glass of Cabernet, playing some Dreamland and hangin' out with the Led Zep Forum.

That's better! Now that everybody on this thread is happy, let's go forth and spread the Good News to the rest of the board!

Excellent! You are your way to a full recovery!

Next Thurs. I will get both the NEW ZEPPELIN SHOW and 10-10-69. I expect at least four hours of "therapy".

A friend of mine who attended the 0-2 gig has had to go and see their doctor as they are now so depressed about the possibility of not seeing Led Zeppelin again and feeling so down since the gig ended. Anyone else here considering psychiatric treatment?

Tell your friend that he should be very thankfull that he got to see the Greatest Rock Band Ever, one more time. Most of us were not able to get tickets. B)

Archived