Robert Plant Interview on Australian 60 Minutes This Sunday

Reggie29

Oh Percy what have you done?

Don't you realize your fans take the crap you say literally? I know you were joking, but this was just mean to do to everyone. This is also why hardcore fans get so PISSED at you.

PLEASE release a statement saying you were joking because I don't know if I can take a whole year of drooling from the community at large.

Too late. The inter-web has blown up with the news.

I mean I've been laughing myself silly at all the people 'fainting/dying' with happiness, already predicting setlists, possible tour dates/stops, who to rob, maim or kill to get tickets...wow.

Just imagining what would REALLY happen if this eventually came to fruition is somewhat frightening.

Hi bluecongo,

I can see where you are coming from to a degree, but there is a difference in a fan and a hardcore fan IMHO. A fan will think more selfish, and if nothing happens, they will blame Robert AGAIN! If it does, a true hardcore fan will respect it and appreciate it. After all, it has always been about the music. As long as they are all in the same place and happy about it, the music will come. If not, we have so much of the music to enjoy.

I hope all of our down under members get to see Robert....it is the voice that still echoes the halls :peace:

Let's all just enjoy the good feelings that come from Robert even expressing any kind of openness. Its the neediness of the community, and indeed of the other members of LZ, that keep any kind of reunion at bay. Okay?

So let's simply appreciate a great interview, rejoice in the fact that at last the Cold war would appear to be thawing, and leave it at that. For now.

I wish he'd tell me he's available. :wub:
And after watching the interview for the one-millionth time: 1. I would reaaaaaaaaaaaally love to spend a day in this man's company. I'll probably end up in the hospital with a busted gut from laughing so hard. Effortless joy he brings into any conversation, I swear. 2. As already headlined by the title of the video Vana Peer put up, we can already see where Robert's words are going to be grabbed and run into the ground by fans and media alike: "Robert Plant says he's open for anything in 2014?? Could it finally be the year of the Zep??" or "It's Robert's turn to call out to "The Capricorns"! Led Zep Tour 2014 in the works???" Thanks for whetting the appetite with that tease Percy, even though a part of me is sure it will eventually amount to nothing. 3. Loved the little story about Bonzo driving him around the countryside in the limo in an effort to convince him about returning to the band. 4. The interviewer wasn't as bad as one would have thought. Would still like to have seen the extra footage though. She came across as charming and somewhat straightforward (the quip about Robert being the bad guy - something at least 90% of the fandom were thinking!) and had a good time, which is what it's all about. If I wanted a real in-depth interview, I'd go hunting down Charlie Rose to do the deed. 5. Loved seeing Carmen and the grand-son there. 6. Found his reasoning for wanting to become a teacher after the death of Karac quite poignant - wanting to capture the children's growth at that stage in their life; something he must (and probably still) regrets 'til this day. 7. "Hugging steel" at the end there? Oh my. :D
@7. i loved that part. i was like :o & :hysterical:

Hi bluecongo,

I can see where you are coming from to a degree, but there is a difference in a fan and a hardcore fan IMHO. A fan will think more selfish, and if nothing happens, they will blame Robert AGAIN! If it does, a true hardcore fan will respect it and appreciate it. After all, it has always been about the music. As long as they are all in the same place and happy about it, the music will come. If not, we have so much of the music to enjoy.

I hope all of our down under members get to see Robert....it is the voice that still echoes the halls :peace:

hi deborah :)

my take on it is that he just wanted to have a little dig and say publicly that he's not the bad guy- not the one stopping a reunion.well, at least he seems to be saying that he is all for collaborating with jimmy and jonesy again, so long as it is NEW stuff. and i applaud him for saying that.

i missed out on tickets, but am hoping to get some still. maybe some that have to get refunded ....?

i thought the hugging steel comment was meant for tara - in that she wasn't relaxed when he hugged her - uptight ....

That makes sense, my mind wandered else where. :rolleyes:

so surprised you girls haven't made the big hoo haa about Plant considering to go open shirt at the O2- "...oh I thought about it... it would've been too much work..."

If that did happen i'm sure i'd find myself pausing Celebration Day more than i already do. :faint1: i think he could have done it, he can do no wrong. :wub: Ok there's some hoo haa for ya!

Honestly the interview didn't include a lot of anything. It was kind of another version of the history of Led Zeppelin like they played at The Kennedy Center Honors with a combined roughly minute and a half of Robert talking about things that have already been talked about. I mean the reporter had to throw in the fact he was touring Australia at the end after the interview was over. I'm not really sure what the point of it was really. Tiny shot of Carmen and a brief moment of Justin Adams, neither mentioned by name. Other than that basically just him sitting around with a giggly reporter.

+1 and mega dittos. Quite possibly the most pointless interview he's ever done.

Mh, I'm absolutely underwhelmed by the interview. I really really respect Robert and he was wonderful with her, considering how pointless her questions were. But this is nothing but a re-hash of the Zeppelin history. Wasn't this supposed to be about his upcoming tour in Australia? Instead of that she had the audacity to ask him about groupies and stuff in front of his daughter. How disrespectful is that please?

And that 2014 comment. Don't people realize that he was joking?? No way in a million years will he do any such thing. I at least hope so..I just don't get why people won't just leave him alone and take everything he says with a pinch of salt.if he talks seriously one will notice, like in that bit with Karac. When he made that 2014 comment he did it light-heartedly, not realizing at that moment what hell would break loose.

You know, I'm not an interviewer so I can dribble over him as much as I like and be jealous when he kissed that woman's hand, but she was absolutely unprofessional. Get a grip girl! Goodness me. You shoulda put more effort into researching some facts about his upcoming tour instead of bringing up every single bit of dirty laundry.

P.S.: He's 64!!! you coulda at least researched his date of birth correctly..

oh god, it's tara brown. can't stand her. what a pain in the arse she is. terrible interviewer. fingers crossed....

I don't know who she is. Is she always that giggly? Or was she just smitten with Robert? Terrible interview, in terms of depth, but still nice to see him. He seemed happy and willing to put up with the silly questions.

Mh, I'm absolutely underwhelmed by the interview. I really really respect Robert and he was wonderful with her, considering how pointless her questions were. But this is nothing but a re-hash of the Zeppelin history. Wasn't this supposed to be about his upcoming tour in Australia? Instead of that she had the audacity to ask him about groupies and stuff in front of his daughter. How disrespectful is that please?

And that 2014 comment. Don't people realize that he was joking??

Not to mention that in one of the outtake videos, the reporter herself said she thought he was joking about the tour idea. People are talking like this is the greatest interview he's ever given and there wasn't any point to it at all. The point, at least in my opinion, of an interview is to get information about the person being interviewed. Instead of getting any information that was unknown, all we got was Robert enjoying playing with a female reporter who was obviously out of her depth and then dropping a comment that guaranteed him press. I've even read from someone in Australia that the ticket sales for the tour over there hadn't gone as well as expected so they figured this whole thing was to get people talking so that ticket sales would bump up in the process. It really is completely ridiculous that he's going on tour next month and even with a band member there in the room with them at the beginning, they never mentioned the band he was playing with or the tour except as an aside during her wrap up after the interview ended.

I don't know who she is. Is she always that giggly? Or was she just smitten with Robert? Terrible interview, in terms of depth, but still nice to see him. He seemed happy and willing to put up with the silly questions.

My thoughts exactly . . . . more of a Led Zeppelin bio . . . . . same old, same old. But that being said, I always enjoy Roberts interviews especially when it's a woman doing the interview. They are always giddy and act like school girls, what red blooded woman wouldn't? It's Robert freaking Plant!!!!!!! Robert is charming and flirtatious, gotta love him! I enjoyed the interview and his usual cagey banter!

Archived