Robert Plant Interview on Australian 60 Minutes This Sunday

Reggie29

You're comparing the media of the early eighties (when most where relatively decent and hard hitting) to the way media covers such news today???

They were?

I didn't notice at the time.

This type of interview is all we can hope for??? And Charlie Rose is the only hope of salvation?

Sorry - completely and UTTERLY disagree.

FRESH questions will cater to the TRUE fans and those who are definitely more interested in post-Zep Robert Plant.

And again, I will point out that these shows do not really try to cater to those TRUE fans who would love to know every itty bitty detail aka the kind of questions Steve Jones posted above.

To the casual fan or those who don't give two shits about the band or even know a damn thing about them...do you really think they care to know about the SSS??? This is all about the monster and mystique that is Led Zeppelin and that will always come first to the mainstream media.

So for those of you still hoping for these kind of shows to come up with fresh and intriguing questions, do not hold your breath.

Good post, pretty much where I was going with the Fresh question take as it pertains to Zeppelin.

They were?

I didn't notice at the time.

This type of interview is all we can hope for??? And Charlie Rose is the only hope of salvation?

Sorry - completely and UTTERLY disagree.

Wrong. Charlie Rose is NOT the only hope of salvation. To ME he is a good journalist and capable of dragging out in-depth answers from those he interviews. You're entitled to whoever you feel is esteemed enough to do the deed. *shrug*

Secondly, in the context of what I was saying - if you understood correctly - 'all we could hope for" does not mean "it's okay". It simply means with the way most interviews are conducted on a majority of these shows on T.V. today, it's what we're just going to have to deal with. If you've got beef, write to the T.V. station or these journalists and demand they are more hard hitting as you'd like.

And as for the interviews from the 80s, I have watched quite a few of them - and yes, I was also around at that time - there were definitely some great interviews (and reporters/journalists etc.)

People are taking this interview a bit too serious.

I wonder when it was filmed?

IMO:

1. 60 Minutes is a very high rating program, watched by millions every week and in the few days leading up to it the interview was regularly plugged.

2. It (the interview), was what I expected it to be, about Led Zeppelin's history borne out of their recent activity

3. The interview was aimed at those who knew little or nothing about the band Led Zeppelin, not ardent followers.

4. Robert Plant's upcoming shows are sold out and no extra shows at this point, so promoting his concerts was a moot point.

5. The interviewer would not have been my first choice, I'd have preferred Liz Hayes or Charles Wooley and I'd imagine most females would've been a tad star struck being in Tara's position.

6. The questions were a bit dodgy at times but he handled them in his usual manner.

7. A lot of insight into areas of the band, particularly Robert that a lot of viewers may not have known about were discussed, i.e., Karac.

7. The question about the hotel rooms in it's context was flippant at worst, "What was with throwing televisions out the windows?" and hardly worth getting worked up about.

8. The "I'm not doing anything in 2014" comment can be taken anyway you want, my take on it is, he is prepared to look at possibilites if and when the others are up for it.

Whether that is new material, gigs or whatever.

Regardless, speculation and the rumour mill has been kicked into high gear following THAT comment.

9. As always, we are never truly satisfied with anything given out by the lads and it would seem that won't change anytime soon.

Que sera, sera.

You're comparing the media of the early eighties (when most where relatively decent and hard hitting) to the way media covers such news today???

You are completely missing my point in this matter: outcomes are the responsibility of the artist.

Put differently, it is not about how you react to the game, it's about how the game reacts to you.

You are completely missing my point in this matter: outcomes are the responsibility of the artist.

Put differently, it is not about how you react to the game, it's about how the game reacts to you.

That interview I enjoyed. And by your point, you mean it all depends on what kind of questions the interviewer asks and how the artist responds to it, yes?

That is correct and you won't see me arguing with you there, which is why my point remains that the 60 Minutes show was not all it should and could have been.

There were definitely other questions she could have asked to get him to be 'serious' enough, but Reggie has pretty much pointed out the reasons, so I'm not going to re-hash them again.

By your point, you mean it all depends on what kind of questions the interviewer asks and how the artist responds to it, yes?

No, I'm saying ideally any questions become a formality as all interest and attention is cultivated by the responses. Politicians may be a better example of the axiom I provided, but it also holds true for musicians, particularly those attempting to establish or maintain a solo career in the aftermath of unprecedented success with a band.

Also, I guess that Australia only has casual fans and so in spite of this interview being promoted on Robert's facebook page, there was no thought whatsoever that anyone besides these casual fans might be watching?

You guessed wrong.

Of course it was be watched by those who follow the band, only we are far too critical at times for our own good.

Fandom is way overrated and I have made my thoughts known on that many times so I'll leave it at that.

There are just as many "casual fans" and those that don't know or care about Led Zeppelin in all countries, so why single out my country?

I'll be interested to watch the viewers response segment at the end of this week's show.

Btw, Liz Hayes will be interviewing Steve Tyler and possibly other members of Aerosmith this week.

You guessed wrong

Fandom is way overrated and I have made my thoughts known on that many times so I'll leave it at that.

There are just as many "casual fans" and those that don't know or care about Led Zeppelin in all countries, so why single out my country?

That was sarcasm aimed at a previous post. I think I've made it clear from previous postings that I was highly disappointed with the way the interview was conducted and felt it was completely ridiculous that an interview shown in a country where the performer is about to tour should have focused solely on one aspect of their career from forty years ago. I don't even care if it was primarily a piece on Led Zeppelin, which might lend one to ask why none of the other members were asked to sit down with the giggly reporter as well but that's neither here nor there, at least some mention of the current project should have been made. Also, I just checked and could very easily purchase tickets to at least three of the shows in Australia so they are not sold out.

In fact, at one of them I could have even been quite close to the stage.

8494004036_7d70f75115.jpg

I don't buy that for a second; just look at all of the great "no Led anything" interviews he gave within the first five years of launching his solo career. There was an intensity and a conviction in what he was trying to get across to casual and faithful fans alike. The 60 minutes interview

could have been a showcase for Robert Plant & SSS (and the upcoming tour) but neither he nor the interviewer provided any reason to care.

The Australian tour was mentioned in closing as an afterthought while Justin Adams sat there in silent anonymity.

The 2014 quip will be the bane of online forums for the remainder of this year and beyond. It's his perogative to have said it, but the far too many who assign significance to chair placement at press conference tables are making Led Zeppelin fan forums insufferable once again.

Spot on assessment in my book, SteveAJones.

In 94% honesty, I dig how Robert dicks with the press wearing a straight face or a wry grin, (I imagine he's silently laughing his ass silly) knowing the media and social sites will soon be going fucking nuts with his comments.

The reward to me is reading the speculation of potential future events.

I'm guilty as hell in the frenzy as well.

That was sarcasm aimed at a previous post. I think I've made it clear from previous postings that I was highly disappointed with the way the interview was conducted and felt it was completely ridiculous that an interview shown in a country where the performer is about to tour should have focused solely on one aspect of their career from forty years ago. I don't even care if it was primarily a piece on Led Zeppelin, which might lend one to ask why none of the other members were asked to sit down with the giggly reporter as well but that's neither here nor there, at least some mention of the current project should have been made. Also, I just checked and could very easily purchase tickets to at least three of the shows in Australia so they are not sold out.

In fact, at one of them I could have even been quite close to the stage.

8494004036_7d70f75115.jpg

One thing I've learnt about Led Zeppelin over the years is to get used to disappointment and while I understand and sympathise with those who feel disappointed with the interview, IMO an ordinary interview is better than no interview at all.

Maybe they were asked and declined, who knows?

Most of those who are going would know about Robert's new band and music and I doubt there would be too many that would only go out of curiosity?

You do realise that concert is outdoors at a country winery?

As far as I know the indoor gigs if not sold out completely have very few tickets left.

If he's dicking with the press then he is dicking with his fans as well. Why get MILLIONS of people excited at the prospect of seeing the band again only to say that he was joking. If this ends up being some sort of joke at the end of this roller coaster, I will have lost all respect for him.

You do realise that concert is outdoors at a country winery?

As far as I know the indoor gigs if not sold out completely have very few tickets left.

I do realize and that was one of the first three that I clicked on, two not outside, and all three had seating still remaining. All I was pointing out was that the concerts were not sold out so even a tiny plug for them might have done some good. Anyway, I found the interview silly and pointless. I've given my opinion. Some agree and some never will so it doesn't really matter.

I do realize and that was one of the first three that I clicked on, two not outside, and all three had seating still remaining. All I was pointing out was that the concerts were not sold out so even a tiny plug for them might have done some good. Anyway, I found the interview silly and pointless. I've given my opinion. Some agree and some never will so it doesn't really matter.

There was at the end of the interview and I would've liked to have heard about the content and what to expect of the shows too.

I'm hopeful of going to the Sydney show but it looks like that happening is about as remote as Pokolbin!

That was a very good interview. I actually teared up when they showed Robert carrying Karac and Karac's hair bounced around for a second. Karac looked like he would have grown up to to be a spitting image of his father. So sad what happened to him.

The interviewer seemed to be enjoying herself throughout the entire interview. A very pretty lady indeed and her accent is very Sexy.

One of the things she said that stood out for me was her quote, "... the all-conquering Led Zeppelin". I like to use the phrase, "the Mighty Led Zeppelin', but "the all-conquering Led Zeppelin" sounds just as good and just as Powerful.

Wrong. Charlie Rose is NOT the only hope of salvation. To ME he is a good journalist and capable of dragging out in-depth answers from those he interviews. You're entitled to whoever you feel is esteemed enough to do the deed. *shrug*

Secondly, in the context of what I was saying - if you understood correctly - 'all we could hope for" does not mean "it's okay". It simply means with the way most interviews are conducted on a majority of these shows on T.V. today, it's what we're just going to have to deal with. If you've got beef, write to the T.V. station or these journalists and demand they are more hard hitting as you'd like.

And as for the interviews from the 80s, I have watched quite a few of them - and yes, I was also around at that time - there were definitely some great interviews (and reporters/journalists etc.)

No thanks - I'd prefer to just discuss it on here like everyone else in this thread is.

Saturday February 2nd

Seriously? For real? Well then, I think that's VERY significant, because February 2nd is 2/2. You put 2 and 2 together and you get four: Page, Plant, Jones & Jason Bonham...2014. Robert Plant said Page and Jones are Capricorns, clearly a reference to the 1977 film Capricorn One. We know 1977 was the last USA tour and now they all agree Jason is the One. Oh, I can't wait to see the seating arrangement in Berlin next month!

:P

Seriously? For real? Well then, I think that's VERY significant, because February 2nd is 2/2. You put 2 and 2 together and you get four: Page, Plant, Jones & Jason Bonham...2014. Robert Plant said Page and Jones are Capricorns, clearly a reference to the 1977 film Capricorn One. We know 1977 was the last USA tour and now they all agree Jason is the One. Oh, I can't wait to see the seating arrangement in Berlin next month!

I finally see the light :)

I heard they were rebuilding the Berlin wall to separate Capricorns from Leo's. It's happening in 2014 and I believe Robert has been asked and has agreed to help to mix the cement cos he's free next year.. Just what I heard mind you so don't take it as gospel, you know what rumours are like in Zeppelin world..

Archived