New Audience Tape

chillumpuffer

Jimmy's solo in HMMT might be the greatest thing I have ever heard him play. The tone and echo combined with the flow and creativity are amazing. Listen to Jonesy's bass, incredible imagination and fretwork. Simply excellent. I much favor latter era shows, but when I reach for '69, this is what will be in my hands.

Unreal. I went through my big bootleg phase, but I can't imagine do so nowadays when all you're really paying for is some (bad) artwork.

Actually, EVSD's recent blitz of releases looks good -- at least to me. And besides, people still have to shell out for the SBD releases that they release, so that the rest of us get to enjoy them as well...

Agreed. I bought a couple of Highland Pink Floyd CDs over a decade ago, and "treed" them to members of the Laughing Madcaps, and they're still being bit-torrented! I love that! 8 or 9 years ago I got the Beatles Anthology Director's Cut DVD within days of its release to the hands of the fellow willing to tree all 8 discs & all the artwork to the Beatlegs group, it's still in circulation! Besides, I like having silver discs; the CDs I traded 10-15 years ago are starting to go bad; the factory-pressed bootlegs I've purchased have not..

• 1 month later...

So I discovered this show a few weeks ago, and my 1st reaction was "HOLY CRAP ANOTHER SHOW FROM 69!"

I haven't seen anybody talk about it around here....or maybe people have and I just missed it. Has anyone heard this one? My favorite part of the show was during HMMT because it included Whole Lotta Love! :hurrah:

and here I am hoping that more shows surface from the early period....and hopefully a show from the New Yardbirds era :smiley_pray:

So it seems that Godfather has released their own version of this show by the title of Final Rendez-Vous.

Does anybody know how that compares to what was released on the net?

The original net source had some volume fluctuations as well as Bonham's drums being a bit buried. Subsequent silver releases were remastered to varying degrees. Godfather tends to get automatic credit for having the best sound but that's not always the case IMO.

The Tarantura release "Seconds Before Catching Fire" has perhaps the best packaging as well as good sound.

The Godfather cover art to me was rather dialed in and did not capitalize on this once in a year (or two, or three) opportunity of a new undiscovered show.

a guy at the Dallas gun show had some boots in his booth including the Godfather one mentioned here except the graphics were completely green washed and the contents were printed deep fushia. He also had some of the usual memorabilia and typical replica memorabilia. The guy goes by Sonny and he said he would be at the next show here in September. If I didn't see what I was looking for he said he either had it or knew where to get it. I did not buy anything from him but asked if he had anything special. He looked at me and said he doesn't talk about anything special unless he sees four zeroes first. I played him off saying it would be unusual if he could deliver anything worth that amount to which he said there's one way to find out. I went back to his booth that evening when they were breaking down and packing up and mentioned a few American and European cities. He didn't make eye contact or look at me he just said it takes four zeroes to even talk about it. A few of the other boots he had I had not seen were Houston '77 "Dragon Spit", Dallas '75 "Belly of the Beast" Vienna '80 "Castle Waltz". Each of these had the same green graphics and fushia content. The logo was unfamiliar and was of a wolf's head with a flame above it. If anyone has these releases I am interested to get your review as they were pricey.

I haven't heard of the titles you listed (Dragon Spit and so forth), but I can't imagine what this guy could have for four zeroes (??!).

I admit I haven't kept up with the prices for boots, but are there any out there that can routinely command this kind of coin?

New to Forum, by the way. Howdy.

Howdy back Grits

I don't know of anyone locally that has anything that would bring that price, only two people I know of (know of- not friends with, have met the one in Florida) by reputation have uncirculated items and have turned down that kind of money. One lives in Montreal and the other in West Palm Beach. One of the collectors (non-douche) in Houston claims to have items in his personal trove not for sale that would bring that kind of ca$h. I am not well informed when it comes to hoarding or the small circle of private traders. Why not just make them available I don't know. Something in their dna is wonky. To me, I would rather be known as a fan that made something available than a hoarder that played keep away.

That makes sense--I didn't even think about uncirculated materials since, like you, I don't understand the mentality of individuals sitting on something like.

Since I don't buy them, I've gotten lazy about watching their value (e.g. on eBay auctions). Have you (or anyone else) noticed an increase in prices after the release of the O2 concert and subsequent media attention?

One of the collectors (non-douche) in Houston claims to have items in his personal trove not for sale that would bring that kind of ca$h.

I seem to recall reading a story a time or two about some Houston sports guy supposedly owning the mythical Houston '77 video, and he would play it at parties. I've read that claim in discussions both here and over at RO (where the discussions were mercilessly edited -censored by the moderators- after the fact, as is the norm over there). Is that the "Houston Collector" yer referring to, Dallas?

from what I understand, the '77 Houston show is in the possession of a former superstar pro athlete. I have heard of the video being played on New Years' eve at his epic parties. Since I don't run in those circles, the odds on getting an invite are nill. This is a different person than the self proclaimed and well known "go-to" collector in Houston, primarily a memorabilia and replica dealer.

from what I understand, the '77 Houston show is in the possession of a former superstar pro athlete. I have heard of the video being played on New Years' eve at his epic parties. Since I don't run in those circles, the odds on getting an invite are nill. This is a different person than the self proclaimed and well known "go-to" collector in Houston, primarily a memorabilia and replica dealer.

Right, that's the story as I heard it as well, but yer talking about two different people. Thanx for clarifying.

I haven't heard of the titles you listed (Dragon Spit and so forth), but I can't imagine what this guy could have for four zeroes (??!).

I admit I haven't kept up with the prices for boots, but are there any out there that can routinely command this kind of coin?

New to Forum, by the way. Howdy.

Anyone claiming to have anything going for $10,000+ is taking the piss. Anyone interested in paying that much is a fool.

Boots themselves never go that high -- at least, not on my radar. The highest I've seen was somewhere in the range of $300-$500, which I would never pay. Right now, the going prices seem to be $50-$150 (the latter end usually reserved for new sources).

Anyone claiming to have anything going for $10,000+ is taking the piss. Anyone interested in paying that much is a fool.

Boots themselves never go that high -- at least, not on my radar. The highest I've seen was somewhere in the range of $300-$500, which I would never pay. Right now, the going prices seem to be $50-$150 (the latter end usually reserved for new sources).

Thanks for the info. The $50-$150 range is what I recall from when I actively watched them on auctions or other sources I was aware of. I just thought there might suddenly be a seller's market due to the O2 show--not to the point of 4 zeroes, but a spike in prices nonetheless.

Thanks for the info. The $50-$150 range is what I recall from when I actively watched them on auctions or other sources I was aware of. I just thought there might suddenly be a seller's market due to the O2 show--not to the point of 4 zeroes, but a spike in prices nonetheless.

The gentleman in Houston was not referring to standard bootleg releases when discussing four zeros but rather uncirculated recordings.

The gentleman in Houston was not referring to standard bootleg releases when discussing four zeros but rather uncirculated recordings.

Indeed, uncirculating stuff is where the big money is...and the thing to keep in mind is how many commercial bootlegs of that hitherto uncirculated recording need to be sold for them to recoup their losses.

Of course, that's the reason why bootlegs have always been more expensive than official label releases. Led Zeppelin IV sold how many million copies? Blueberry Hill (as in the original vinyl releases) probably only sold -at most- a few thousand copies. That's the difference.

Archived