Can anyone identify this Zep T-shirt?

Stormbringer

Hi,

its been like 10 years ago, when I was wisiting my grandma at her hut. She was working at her garden and she was wearing this T-shirt... I was immediatelly like... WOW... and asked her if she would give it to me - and she did. She said, that my aunt (her daughter) brought it from USA in like ~ 80s (not sure).

Since then, I was wondering if this is some sort of "official" T-shirt and if so, from which period it is, or if I could get any information about it. It doesnt seem to me that someone just made this one at home. It looks pretty official and really well made, high quality shirt (well after so many years it still looks good, the picture on it is not damaged etc... given it was also a working T-shirt, it really has to be well made).

So I finally managed to take some pictures of it and post it here, cos where else could I get some answers? So... anyone familiar with this shirt? Can anyone tell when/where/why was it made? Or has any other relevant information?

Thanks.

post-4652-0-08844400-1360758956_thumb.jp

post-4652-0-44499500-1360758968_thumb.jp

PS: If anyone could correct tenses in the first paragraph, it would be really nice, cos I am pretty sure I messed those up a little and I cant safely say how it should be correctly :)). Feel free to correct other gramar mistakes as well, since english is not my mother tongue... :). Thanks.

I can honestly say I've never seen this particular shirt design before. Having said that, it is definately NOT official merchandise, as the band's management would never have approved nor licensed a product featuring "Paul Jones". Perhaps it was produced for sale in an independent record store or sold by profiteers after a Led Zeppelin or solo tour date she may have attended in the USA sometime between '75-'85.

Yeah, that does make sense. Problem is that even my Aunt doesnt really remember buying or having this shirt:). So I cant really tell where exactly or when it comes from...:(. Shes been to USA too many times to even guess...

As the quality is good and the design is very uncommon, I can only guess that there are more of these in the world (why would anyone make a concept and print it in one piece only?) and where else could I ask then here if anyone knows anything about it, right? :)).

Archived