2013 NFL Free Agency, Combine, Draft

Black Dawg

large_unemployment-line-outside.jpg

Ha. Great one DAS,. Now the Pats have apparently hurt Welker's feelings and he will test the market. He is a clone of Steve Tasker in my book. Maybe the Bills could grab him? Then he could pay them back. If we can find someone to throw it to him. I cant believe the shit they are pulling. They signed the mystery man from Seattle that never took a snap last year.

I'm excited for the signings to start. My team will actually be in the market for relevant free agents for the first time in about a decade. Since Dick Vermil left we had Edwards as coach who's plan was to fill the roster with the worst draft picks/undrafted rookies available followed by Pioli as GM who's whole plan was to sign and trade for Patriots throw away players. We might get less horrible! :hurrah:

I wish the Raiders would go after Reggie Bush. Bush would also help Detroit get over the top.

The NFC West is blowing up!!! To think this was the weakest division in football a couple of years ago. Both Seattle and San Francisco upgraded...but Seattle had to pay a higher price. You do not find receivers of Boldin's quality in the 6th round!

Black Dawg, what are your Ravens doing?!? :blink:

Surely Baltimore could have gotten more for a receiver of Boldin's stature? Were they that desperate to get rid of him?

Harrison's release from Pittsburgh was not as surprising to me...you could see it coming. With the new CBA and the new salaries, that's the way it is now in the NFL.

C'mon Raiders...stop sitting on your asses and DO SOMETHING!

They are building a monster there

I'm not so sure. They have a good team but still have a huge question at QB. I know, Kaepernick is the new media darling. But how many times have we seen a backup come in and have a great season, whereupon the team fires the starter in favor of him, then come back the next season and be terrible for the rest of his career. In fact the Niners had this happen a few years back when they fired Jeff Garcia for some one season wonder who's name I can't even remember. Until he proves he can do it for more than a half year off the bench I don't feel confident in the 49ers. I'm not saying I think he will fail, I'm just saying there is still legitimate doubt surrounding him. Unless you work for ESPN, then he's the new Messiah of football. Just like Tebow was before him and Sanchez before Tebow.

C'mon Raiders...stop sitting on your asses and DO SOMETHING!

Don't listen to him Raiders, you've been doing a great job since you lost the Superbowl to the Bucs. Don't change a thing. :whistling:

Surprise, surprise, surprise.....NOT! I thought he would've at least waited until training camp! Why even say your gonna retire and then not - isn't this the 2nd year in a row where he has said this? Makes a big deal about retiring, then comes back less than 2 months later. :blahblah:

Surprise, surprise, surprise.....NOT! I thought he would've at least waited until training camp! Why even say your gonna retire and then not - isn't this the 2nd year in a row where he has said this? Makes a big deal about retiring, then comes back less than 2 months later. :blahblah:

Well that is great news for Atlanta. Is it not Walter?

I'm not so sure. They have a good team but still have a huge question at QB. I know, Kaepernick is the new media darling. But how many times have we seen a backup come in and have a great season, whereupon the team fires the starter in favor of him, then come back the next season and be terrible for the rest of his career. In fact the Niners had this happen a few years back when they fired Jeff Garcia for some one season wonder who's name I can't even remember. Until he proves he can do it for more than a half year off the bench I don't feel confident in the 49ers. I'm not saying I think he will fail, I'm just saying there is still legitimate doubt surrounding him. Unless you work for ESPN, then he's the new Messiah of football. Just like Tebow was before him and Sanchez before Tebow.

Well put. And dont forget some guy named Fitzpatrick. :boohoo:

The amish rifle? Soon to be another overpaid released player. Maybe Russell, the Raiders big bust will give him a hit on the crack pipe

With all due respect, DAS, NONE of those other guys going all the way back to Scott Mitchell of the Dolphins(came in when Marino was injured, played great, signed big contract with Detroit and promptly sucked) took their team to the Super Bowl(and nearly won it, if only Harbaugh hadn't suffered brain cramps on those goal line play calls).

That doesn't mean Colin(and Russell of Seattle) won't suffer sophomore slumps as teams accumulate tape on each player and devise schemes to neutralize them. But I have a lot more faith in their ability than Tebow and Sanchez...and Fitzpatrick and Tavaris Jackson.

With all due respect, DAS, NONE of those other guys going all the way back to Scott Mitchell of the Dolphins(came in when Marino was injured, played great, signed big contract with Detroit and promptly sucked) took their team to the Super Bowl(and nearly won it, if only Harbaugh hadn't suffered brain cramps on those goal line play calls).

That doesn't mean Colin(and Russell of Seattle) won't suffer sophomore slumps as teams accumulate tape on each player and devise schemes to neutralize them. But I have a lot more faith in their ability than Tebow and Sanchez...and Fitzpatrick and Tavaris Jackson.

I knew someone would bring up the Superbowl thing but the truth is that doesn't matter imo. If you can't make it happen consistently than an almost Superbowl victory will not endow you with the necessary ability to do so. Honestly, I have no problem whatsoever making Kaepernick the starter. I probably would too if I was Harbaugh. He deserves the spot. BUT, they had also better have a good backup just in case he becomes a one season wonder. Trading Alex Smith was a really dumb move (even though I'm glad they did it). My whole argument was that we a legitimate reason to doubt just how good the 49ers are when they don't have a QB who has proven himself enough to dump all other options and entrust the future of your team with him since we see the one season wonder all the time.

Plus running quarterbacks eventually take a serious hit to the head. They had to trade Smith, too high priced for a back-up quarterback and he would've become a potential problem in the locker room. Lots surprises in both the release and signings department yesterday.

Archived