Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

Jimmy's Dragon Suit

Nobody cares about new material. WE WANT TO SEE ZEPPELIN IN CONCERT.

I think most care about new music and would be quite interrested. Your opinion does not include "everybody," just you.

Though I am sure if the band members themselves come on this board form time to time they will scrap whatever ideas they had to simply make you happy. Maybe they can all get plastic surgery too just so your experience can be as close to LA 1977 as possible. Jason can gain about 6 stone, put on a wig, and beat the shit out of anyone who looks at him. Just to make you happy.

Well Jason Bonham's facebook post wasn't dismissive of Robert's comment. It indicated that Jason actually thinks there is a possibility Robert is up for it. He knows Robert pretty well, so I'm getting hopeful about this.

If it was a joke, I'm assuming that we'll be made aware of that shortly. I doubt Robert would string people along on something like that.

Jimmy is the best but the fact he is alleged to be "sitting around waiting" is something I'd rather not think. He played great at his last few public shows and is just as free to do something else as he has been for 15 years...Jimmy and Alison K- I'd actually like to see it...for real...I dont want to see a greatest hits tour either...only something a little different or playing deeper cuts the whole show..Ten Years Gone, Carouselambra, Your Time is Gonna Come...

I was just thinking the other day of how cool it would be if Jimmy was to reform THE FIRM with Paul Rodgers! But here comes Robert with "I have nothing to do in 2014, maybe we should hook up with the guys and do something" interview and blows everything to pieces :P

I really really REALLY hope they would give it a shot! He may have told the truth in another inteview, where he said Led Zeppelin was worn out of ideas and inspiration long before John's death.... but it's been more than 35 years???? Hell! Even Cream managed to do the impossible and reunite for a couple of shows in 2005... not to mention Black Sabbath with their new album effort! I trully believe that Jimmy and Co. have taken their time and by now should be having TONS of cool ideas... PLUS there is Jason who is eager as hell! He can become their SPARK their NEW LED ZEPPELIN ENGINE!!!

I know it's all speculation and wishfull thinking... but hell! That would be awesome now wouldn't it?

A good Studio, A good sound engenier and producer can make miracles! George Martin, Dan Auerbach are two good examples...

I'd rather hear new music from them than see them do a worldwide greatest hits tour, to be honest. Zep was always about looking forward, rather than back. I think they could do some really interesting new stuff - JPJ's contribution to the Vultures album was terrific, and Page is apparently sitting on years and years of new material. Plus, theres the stuff Page Jones and JB worked on after the O2. Would love it if some of that stuff finally saw the light of day.

Zep always looked back when performing. Zep were never a band 'just in the now'.

They were doing "Train Kept A Rollin'" on their 1980 Summer Tour of Europe.

There's too much Zeppelin material that hasn;t been performed live yet.

Not interested in something "new", unless it reaches the 'Zeppelin' level. Just not interested of something new for the sake of being something new.

Hell....i wish a summer tour of Europe in 2014 will happen !! I don't care if it's gonna be just the typical setlist or material that hasn't been performed yet...i just want to see the zeppelin before i die !

I am sure that Robert isn't just joking around wi th teasing quotes.....I 've got a feeling that the Reunion might happen :thumbsup:

There are people here who swore Zeppelin would never play again BEFORE the 02 show, so to say to say it couldn't happen again is totally ridiculous. I'm all for some more select shows in the future, but not a tour. I just don't think it would work in a positive way for anybody long-term...them or us. It's okay to step back in life occasionally to celebrate your past, but seeking to live there always becomes a problem in some form. There's nothing to prove and much to lose.

The whole post itself was indication that it was a possibility. If he thought Robert was simply making a joke I'd imagine he'd have said that, or not mentioned Robert's comments at all.

Can't agree with this sorry.

This is so exciting, just the thought of it all. I was on the road all day thinking about the possibilities of a new album, the set list possibilities, going to places never played or seldom played in the past. Jimmy and Jones should really sit down with Robert and do it one more time. I’m so excited I think I could crush a grape!

nothing is happening unless we see:

the box sets release then:

1. Sam goes radio silent and under the radar

2. everyone associated with LZ goes off the radar and under lockdown

3. hint on fb and twitter, log onto LZ.com and new splash screens and pinned topic

4. major arena venue calendars go black

It is afterall HIS choice as to what he does with HIS career. ALL of them said the 2007 O2 show was woderful, but visibly draining. They are the BEST band I agree but they are also in their 60's. You could tell from the O2 show that by the end, he stretched his voice to its limited, although it was still spectacular in the end. As a die hard ZEP fan myself, I still have to wonder if "doing it again" would be for their benefit or ours?

Archived