Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

Jimmy's Dragon Suit

There is a bit of a judgement call as to when a band should/should not go on after losing a key member. Although i prefer the Bon Scott age AC/DC, they hit even higher successs with Brian Johnson. When Deep Purple Mark II lost Roger and Ian, I thought thye were doomed, but did fine replacing them with Coverdale and Hughes....although when Ritchie left, it was basically over. Foghat has one original member, the Who are down to two. Queen tours with only two original members. Those are three bands that I think should be producing under another name. While I have no problem with Led Zeppelin going on with Jason behind the kit, I'd feel less comfortable with another drummer in that spot.

Never thought anything of Foghat. Can't even think of any song by them I like. Queen and The Who aren't really bands any more. Just skeletons of the original formations. Not the same. It's a business, which is to make money. For them, not by recordings in this form, but with concerts.

I think more guys should go the collaboration route. Page and Plant from Led Zeppelin or Ray and Robbie from The Doors. Townsend and Daltery would be a better name for the new Who since the other three members are gone and they play their solo stuff anyways.

I just watched the full length interview with the lovely Aussie dame. Not as good as the Charlie Rose or Anthony Mason interviews IMO, probably because it was just Plant one on one. But, I think he is serious regarding his comments re 2014; he is open to doing something with the Capricorns but it is up to them if they are "in". I don't watch, read or listen to every Plant interview, but I get the feeling from some of these comments he is a buffoon. I don't think so. I think he is being direct with that English light hearted humor in full display. Be positive peeps! I still say after the Kennedy honors, Plant got his Zep juices flowing again.

Was this a hint related to a tour? I think that's putting 2 and 2 together and making 5.

There is a long and honourable tradition of hints making 2 and 2 equal anywhere between 17 and 175 when it comes to anything Led Zeppelin :lol: .

It sounds more optimistic when you actually hear the interview since she says it (Led Zeppelin) could be back on and he says yes. I'm not holding my breath but it sounds more realistic that they could give it one more go now.

I just love Robert's humor and hints.

Who cares what they are called, or if they make new music, or if they tour the world for a year. I would love to have them play Led Zeppelin music together at least one more time, preferably in a way that all of us fans could be there to witness it. Don't get bogged down in the minutiae and details. Just let it happen if it is going to happen and enjoy the ride. Just like we have enjoyed the past year.

I’ve watched the same interview and I’m having trouble seeing and more importantly, hearing, what some here are claiming Robert was saying. Are you that naïve and smitten to Robert’s boyish sense of humor that you’ve been completely duped by a comment related to something that is at best, pure speculation to something that is 10 months from even gestating? Why would Robert choose a random interview in Australia of all places to pronounce he wanted a Led Zeppelin reunion? Why would he do that rather than contacting the others behind the scenes and working something out first before going public (in any sense)? Isn’t how they went about the rehearsals for the 02 Show any indication how Led Zeppelin does business? Robert isn’t going to throw his hat in the ring in a manner that refutes his past statements regarding the prospects of a reunion while simultaneously dissing Jimmy and Jonesy in a fashion that undermines their clear desires after the 02 Show unless he’s succumbed to being a complete asshole. And I highly doubt that after seeing him visibly moved at the Kennedy Awards and his overall spirits (along with the other two) during the press conferences and interviews. Sure, there is a bit of tension but I truly believe him when he says “These guys are my buddies etc…” There is love throughout all of them. That doesn’t mean Robert suddenly wants to do a greatest hits tour.

He has said he can’t relate to the 19 year old who belted out those songs with the swagger and decadence that is on those recordings and how can he? He can’t swing “Immigrant Song” at full tilt night after night anymore. Christ, he couldn’t in October 1972?! And why should we hold that against him now? He shouldn’t be ridiculed for feeling how he feels about his life. And I think his public statements against doing a massive tour have hit some fans the wrong way. Look, I admire him for not doing what other acts from his generation do. Like the music, his sense of humor has always remained the same and unfortunately so has the desperately selfish demands of a fan base that is borderline delusional.

I’d love to see Jimmy tour on his own; just him and an acoustic guitar, playing celtic blues in small clubs and theaters to maybe a thousand people each night. I think it would be a wonderful way for him to get his music out there and also reconnect with his audiences, who have been waiting for him for decades. He doesn’t need Robert Plant to do that but I understand why Jimmy is a continual holdout to doing a new Zeppelin related gig with Robert. They were the best when working with each other in their youth so naturally there will always be a spark there. It worked in the 1990s, to a degree. But Jimmy doesn’t seem capable of releasing anything new. I think he’s more content standing there with the Zeppelin catalogue and his few side/solo projects as his career achievements. Today, Led Zeppelin are as big as the Beatles so I understand the feeling of satisfaction and gratification he must feel. Maybe that’s true. If so, that’s unfortunate in my opinion. He is in a small group of guitar players the world will likely never see again. He deserves the confidence afforded to him by his fan base to keep playing. And therein lays the constant stress-out for Robert to come around for a full on Led Zeppelin tour.

And what exactly would a tour prove to anyone? Or is it even about that? Is it just about seeing Led Zeppelin one last time? Well, it’s not Led Zeppelin. No John Bonham. Jason is a fine drummer but he lacks half the chops of his pop. That’s not a dig at him. That’s just reality. His father had uncanny abilities that great drummers struggle to advance towards after a lifetime of practice. Also, Led Zeppelin was built on the swagger of youthful sex and unpredictable dynamics and improvisation, much to the ado of the combo of Bonham and Jones. That isn’t who they are any longer. Those elements are gone. And I think that goes to the core for Robert. That fifth element Jimmy often talks about can never be rekindled and without it, there is no true Led Zeppelin.

Yeah, the board had discussions like this back in 2003 when I first joined but it’s the same discussion ten years on now. Enjoy the music and enjoy these guys while they’re still on this earth. If they decide to change their current trajectories and want to tour, when that time comes, “all will be revealed.” That should be enough for all of us until then, in Valhalla and Mordor.

I agree with a lot of what you just said.A studio album is in the making.

I mean no offense but do you know this for a fact or are you merely "wishing and hoping"? Jimmy Page has led a heck of a life and was playing guitar professionally before he was old enough to shave. If he can distill some of these experiences into music it could prove highly entertaining.

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant & Jason Bonham - The Only One (missing JPJ in 1988)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGJUKduNrw

Never thought this was a spamming. Love this song! Especially, the intro! So intense for a great build up. It delivers too. Not a perfect song, but quite good!

Any reason why you thought this was a spamming Led Dirigible? Just curious.

Never thought this was a spamming. Love this song! Especially, the intro! So intense for a great build up. It delivers too. Not a perfect song, but quite good!

Any reason why you thought this was a spamming Led Dirigible? Just curious.

I agree it's a good song, but it has nothing to do with the topic. The song would be relevant if this was a "songs I like" or "favorite songs on Outrider" thread, but this is a thread about a possible Zeppelin reunion. If this was an isolated incident, I would be fine with weslgarlic posting that video. Unfortunately, this not the first time he's done this. He has made a habit of posting YouTube videos for no reason wherever he goes.

I agree it's a good song, but it has nothing to do with the topic. The song would be relevant if this was a "songs I like" or "favorite songs on Outrider" thread, but this is a thread about a possible Zeppelin reunion. If this was an isolated incident, I would be fine with weslgarlic posting that video. Unfortunately, this not the first time he's done this. He has made a habit of posting YouTube videos for no reason wherever he goes.

Wasn't thinking where it was located. Just was getting into the song. Belongs over on the You Tube thread.

Jimmy's ongoing plans have nothing to do with Robert or Zeppelin. He's currently recording a studio album, which will be followed by a tour.

Jimmy's life IS Zeppelin and he is foaming at the mouth for a Zeppelin reunion in any shape or form. While he continues to waiit he will undoutedly continue to fnd anything he can to rework and repackage that is Zeppelin. There is no solo LP being recorded nor any solo tour planned.

Jimmy's life IS Zeppelin and he is foaming at the mouth for a Zeppelin reunion in any shape or form. While he continues to waiit he will undoutedly continue to fnd anything he can to rework and repackage that is Zeppelin. There is no solo LP being recorded nor any solo tour planned.

And you know this for sure?

Jimmy himself, has stated he will put out a solo album later this year, with a tour to follow. It seems more concrete regarding this than in the past. He says he has the material, but a few years ago, he wanted to do it, but the various Zep projects were an obstruction to this. He may not have had the material he wanted for a solo release worked out then. But not sure. Just saying what I've heard from him in interviews etc. on this. We'll see if it actually pans out.

Archived