Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

Jimmy's Dragon Suit

Just seeing the concept being put out there is cool. While I don't loose sleep over the concept, the band knows they got a unique magic that probably cannot be replicated or fully appreciated (until it/they are gone).

I think Robert's interview on CBS was interesting in allowing each musician to grow in their own style and manner. Regardless of that, when this tribe it together, it is great music. I'd be hard pressed to look back 40 years and say "yeah, let me do that all over again" without some recognition that time/people change, grow and burn out.

But, in the end, these guys will be known for Led, not for any other individual pieces or efforts (sadly) in my opinion.

BTW - Jason is doing gigs...he was in Seattle last month so I'm curious where this can lead. I missed it but may Led Foot (sista to BigFoot?) will arise...

I agree it's a good song, but it has nothing to do with the topic. The song would be relevant if this was a "songs I like" or "favorite songs on Outrider" thread, but this is a thread about a possible Zeppelin reunion. If this was an isolated incident, I would be fine with weslgarlic posting that video. Unfortunately, this not the first time he's done this. He has made a habit of posting YouTube videos for no reason wherever he goes.

The subject on new material was mentioned, Not counting Bath 1986 It was the last time outside of Page & Plant new material was written and it had Jason on it , maybe I should have explained it earlier

I think the track would have made a good Led Zeppelin track , more so than most Clarksdale tracks

The subject on new material was mentioned, Not counting Bath 1986 It was the last time outside of Page & Plant new material was written and it had Jason on it , maybe I should have explained it earlier

I think the track would have made a good Led Zeppelin track , more so than most Clarksdale tracks

It's also actually highly appropriate to the topic since it is about these guys working together.

I'm somewhat confused by your post as there wasn't any new material written at the January 1986 rehearsals near Bath.

1) So, few weeks later, does anyone has any hint if Capricorns did call Robert (Well I guess they did, right?) ? :). Not asking about an outcome or anything, that would be pure speculations anyway, but there are people who actually know Zeps in person, so they could have some kind of info if they did connect, talked... or like anything at all? :).

2) Is there going to be any interview with anyone of them soon (the interviewer might ask same question as I did)?

3) What is your opinion... Did they call him? Did they talk about a possibility of doing something? Or did JP and JPJ just take it as another RPs joke and didnt even think about really calling him?

Just curious:). The first two points, I dont know anything, so I am asking. As for the third, my opinion is they called him (or specifically JP maybe called all others?), maybe met, had a talk and the outcome is unknown. Maybe RP said he didnt mean it that way, there wont be anything and they go on with their own plans, or maybe they talked, agreed on something, but its still a secret and they will come up with it when its time... we dont know, but my opinion they DID have some sort of talk since RP made the inerview.

I think those comments come from that issue of RS (not 100% sure). If memory serves Plant talks about how those sessions (post Live Aid) started out great and that some of the material had promise but it degenerated in part due to Thompson's increasing erratic behavior that lead to him driving or being driven through a wall of a building and getting pretty banged up in the process (and out of the gig).

Additionally he said Page started to get back into the habit of becoming isolated and he suspected Jimmy was a little confused about the whole thing (inferring Page wasnt sure they should be trying to get it going again).

But they did keep trying for a bit, even bringing in another drummer (who Plant said was actually pretty good) but it didnt improve so he got feed up and bolted.

no doubt curiosity is rampant

people who do have relationships personally and professionally with members of the band have as a basis of their relationship a trust and respect for what is the business of the band. If the band wishes its business and intentions to be known, they will take care of it. Not their friends or associates. Loose lips sink friendships.

... there are people who actually know Zeps in person, so they could have some kind of info if they did connect, talked... or like anything at all?

no doubt curiosity is rampant

people who do have relationships personally and professionally with members of the band have as a basis of their relationship a trust and respect for what is the business of the band. If the band wishes its business and intentions to be known, they will take care of it. Not their friends or associates. Loose lips sink friendships.

Oh well, yeah, I know noone will bring here some "private" or "inside" info just because some nobody like me asked on the forum :)). I just thought, you know, someone has better information then others and maybe some of the guys (RP, JP, JPJ) said somewhere something (publicly or at least among bigger group of friends - not as a secret) maybe? Some other "hint"? And it could be news for us here? I dont know... But yeah, if they could tell, they would do so immediatelly i guess, so my question was kinda naive and ur right :)).

So forget it and lets wait. We have plenty of Zeppelin time :).

2012 was an exciting time and the excitement and anticipation is not waning, more interviews and press will accompany awards and release of boxsets

would be nice if they do a Claude Nobs benefit afterwards and maybe release a new single with monies being donated to the Nobs Fund. Really looking forward to solo LP from Page with a tour. Miss seeing him do what he does. Watched It Might Get Loud over the weekend and I just have to believe he is wants to get out there even more than we want him to.

1) So, few weeks later, does anyone has any hint if Capricorns did call Robert (Well I guess they did, right?) ? :). Not asking about an outcome or anything, that would be pure speculations anyway, but there are people who actually know Zeps in person, so they could have some kind of info if they did connect, talked... or like anything at all? :).

2) Is there going to be any interview with anyone of them soon (the interviewer might ask same question as I did)?

3) What is your opinion... Did they call him? Did they talk about a possibility of doing something? Or did JP and JPJ just take it as another RPs joke and didnt even think about really calling him?

Just curious:). The first two points, I dont know anything, so I am asking. As for the third, my opinion is they called him (or specifically JP maybe called all others?), maybe met, had a talk and the outcome is unknown. Maybe RP said he didnt mean it that way, there wont be anything and they go on with their own plans, or maybe they talked, agreed on something, but its still a secret and they will come up with it when its time... we dont know, but my opinion they DID have some sort of talk since RP made the inerview.

As for #2, the next reunion question will happen later this month in Berlin where Jimmy and John will pick up a Zeppelin award, stay tuned!.

The thought occurs to me one could take the entire thread that evolved from Robert's Jan 2008 MSG quip "...you never know what's around the corner..." and paste it here and one could not tell the difference. My point being most if not all that did not happen in 2008 will not happen MORE THAN FIVE YEARS LATER.

The thought occurs to me one could take the entire thread that evolved from Robert's Jan 2008 MSG quip "...you never know what's around the corner..." and paste it here and one could not tell the difference. My point being most if not all that did not happen in 2008 will not happen MORE THAN FIVE YEARS LATER.

;)

Wasn't Robert quoted that he was playing some bass during that time at Bath in 1986. That quote alway brought back the image of him playing Paul McCartney's bass in '79....

Yes Jonsey tinkering the ivories and Page cutting across with soring guitar ,,... or something along those lines

Archived