Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

Jimmy's Dragon Suit

Yes Jonsey tinkering the ivories and Page cutting across with soring guitar ,,... or something along those lines

Having piloted his own ship for five years Robert found the short-lived Bath sessions to be a tedious pain in the ass, watching Jimmy change his wah-wah and effects pedals.

Having piloted his own ship for five years Robert found the short-lived Bath sessions to be a tedious pain in the ass, watching Jimmy change his wah-wah and effects pedals.

I believe it was Robert seeing Jimmy change the batteries on his wah-wah pedals after every song and a half that ended the "reunion". That and the unfortunate accident that befell Tony Thompson.

Jimmy still using was what probably derailed the Bath sessions.

This sounds more likely to me. I've always assumed that a guitar player of Page's stature would have an assistant of some sort who took care of his gear.

Robert was a serious task master when dealing with his own band and his own future. He admitted being

hard on his fellow musicians in the studio and on the road.

Along comes Jimmy again and he is changing his AA batteries and breaking strings, missing breaks, etc.

and Robert had by then no patience for this kind of imperfect play. Goodbye!

After Shaken' and Stirred tanked, Robert must have regained his patience long enough to use Page on the 2 standout tracks from Now and Zen. Funny how that works.

that and the promoters coming back and saying we need a contingency to get ticket sales up

After Shaken' and Stirred tanked, Robert must have regained his patience long enough to use Page on the 2 standout tracks from Now and Zen. Funny how that works.

Both solos were recorded in one three hour studio session in '87, a far cry from the pressure of reforming a band. I don't think Robert was even there.

It went Gold (1,000,000 copies) and "Little By Little" went to #1 on the singles charts so I'm not sure how you define "tanked". I don't think Page's presence on Now and Zen had anything to do with Plant trying to increase sales. That just so happened to be the time period when he started to embrace his inner Zeppelin again. As I recall, it wasn't until the Non Stop n' Go tour that he performed any Zeppelin songs in concert. Then again, I've never bought into this whole "Plant relies on Page/Zeppelin" for his own success angle anyway.

In 1986 Page was between Firm albums, A facture Plant mentioned in the same interview, * Page was wondering what he was doing there , he had just finished recording the second Firm album " , Plant returned the favour of the Now 'n'Zen tracks by co=writing The Only One off Outrider

Neither Plant or Jones have mention whether any new material demoed at Bath had vocals on them

Now 'n'zen tour was the first time solo Plant had performed any Zeppelin tunes

It went Gold (1,000,000 copies) and "Little By Little" went to #1 on the singles charts so I'm not sure how you define "tanked". I don't think Page's presence on Now and Zen had anything to do with Plant trying to increase sales. That just so happened to be the time period when he started to embrace his inner Zeppelin again. As I recall, it wasn't until the Non Stop Go tour that he performed any Zeppelin songs in concert. Then again, I've never bought into this whole "Plant relies on Page/Zeppelin" for his own success angle anyway.

Yup .

I'm actually a big fan of Shaken and Stirred but Robert himself admitted it didn't sell as well as his earlier releases. The Robert Plant concert I attended in 1985 was not a sell out.

Heaven Knows, Tall Cool One, Sea of Love and Please Read the Letter. I'd say Jimmy has added some magic to Robert's solo ventures.

Maybe Page's increasing encounters with sobriety changed the dynamics for the better as time went on also...that's not a knock. Page is a superhero kicking like he did but I'd imagine there were times when it was frustrating for other musicians. That's all in the past anyway. I know Jimmy Page has a great album in him ...let's hope it comes to fruition. I don't know about the 70's but they all seem like really decent people now...maybe not best friends but they share a great legacy and know it. People take Robert's quips way too seriously and ...things change...there was a time when Plant and Page really seemed to have offended Jonesy by leaving him out of their 90's projects I am sure they all still have a connection. Having said that, I dont see a gigantic tour around any corners...could be wrong. Time will tell. I just hope the remasters aren't expensive overkills with take after take of the same song and that some unreleased concerts do make it out in their entirety. A package like Celebration Day of 2 cd and 1 or 2 dvd's for each album in the 25-30 dollar range would be nice. We don'y need hardcover books and postcards and banners jacking em up to over 100 a pop.

Gosh my above post was all over the place...it may have been the 18 inches of snow...I do hope Jimmy puts out some new material and reserve judgement on the remasters is what i attempted to say....sorry for the rambling...I do think people may look for too much meaning when Robert makes a comment here or there Ill believe it when the rehearsals start...no, when they have progressed for a few weeks- until then I still think Celebration Day is the last group effort we'll see from them. 3/4 plus Jason, I mean

Thank you Jimmy for every tune you and the boys did. My childhood would have been so dead without the best to listen to ! You helped me get away from a shitty time and made me a better person,Cheers Jimmy :bubble: and thanks again, Craig from Cambridge Ontario,CANADA.

I have read this thread and other threads, and the interview with Page in Rolling Stone late last year, and viewed the recent TV interview with Robert Plant, and I still can't make sense of what happened around the time of the O2 concert...Page, Jones and Jason Bonham thought there would be more shows, but somehow didn't know that Plant was going to be unavailable in 2008...Plant now tells the TV interviewer that he's available in 2014, but doesn't know what Page and Jones are thinking because they're "Capricorns." What is so hard about asking another person a direct question, such as: "So, are you going to be available to do more shows?" "What are you doing in 2014?" "Do you think we should give it another go, and if so, when?" Isn't it ironic that people who communicate so well musically seem to be unable to communicate verbally??? I think the four of them, or at least the three of them, need to sit down with a therapist, like Metallica did a few years ago (I haven't seen that movie yet but it's in my Netflix queue).

I will volunteer my services if necessary.

I have read this thread and other threads, and the interview with Page in Rolling Stone late last year, and viewed the recent TV interview with Robert Plant, and I still can't make sense of what happened around the time of the O2 concert...Page, Jones and Jason Bonham thought there would be more shows, but somehow didn't know that Plant was going to be unavailable in 2008...Plant now tells the TV interviewer that he's available in 2014, but doesn't know what Page and Jones are thinking because they're "Capricorns." What is so hard about asking another person a direct question, such as: "So, are you going to be available to do more shows?" "What are you doing in 2014?" "Do you think we should give it another go, and if so, when?" Isn't it ironic that people who communicate so well musically seem to be unable to communicate verbally??? I think the four of them, or at least the three of them, need to sit down with a therapist, like Metallica did a few years ago (I haven't seen that movie yet but it's in my Netflix queue).

I will volunteer my services if necessary.

Because this is all spun by the media.

thread and loom provided by Mr. Plant...

I know you saw the look on his face Knebby when he said it

I get what you are saying and partially agree, but it certainly wasn't down to Plant when Jones and Page were saying they didn't know he wasn't prepared to play more gigs after the O2.

it certainly wasn't down to Plant when Jones and Page were saying they didn't know he wasn't prepared to play more gigs after the O2.

I know it has to be a delicate heart issue with all three +1, it never really fit that it was all on one

I agree with Quote # 68. We do not stand much of a chance of gettin a ticket at all :dont::dont: . It sucks that we do not really stand a chance,and all we can do is try eh ! Be neat if the members could get first dibs at tickets. But we are not that lucky. :redcard: or are we ?

Archived