Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

Jimmy's Dragon Suit

I wish they will plan a tour, it's hard (and expensive) go to London if you are a 16 years old boy of your home

That are great news, amazing news. I'm sure Jimmy want, John Paul Jones had nothing against a tour and Plant isn't busy, and I think that Jason I think Jason will not poke their nose but he will accept secretly euphoric.

plant-600-1361212870.jpg

Probably best to merge this into the Australian TV thread where this quote originates from?

I don't think so. I like the thread here, actually.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I've got nothing to do in 2014, so perhaps we could could hook up (Robert, Jimmy, John Paul, and the Drummer) at some stadium somewhere.

Make it Summer 2014, if you please, not Winter.

I could see them doing 20 stadium dates, worldwide, with 1 week off between dates, running May through September. And to honor the Country they're from, the tour would begin and finish in London, England!

I'd like a job sitting in the soundboard area. That would be good enough, wouldn't it ? ? ?

I think he was only kidding.

Robert was clowning around with a very attractive female interviewer...

Carmen and one of his Grandchildren were there as well ... so he was in very candid, good mood.

Don't get excited until you see something official..

Funny though.. this is all over the internet.

Actually he said nothing about Zeppelin there...He just said that he has nothing to do...

But I do wish Jimmy would team up with him for the announced new-material album =)

please for GOD sakes = always include jonsey and bonzo jr iwith pagey in this next colaboration= we want them INCLUDED this time :) (rite?)

I think that if Robert Plant is really willing to tour with Jimmy, John Paul and Jason as Led Zeppelin in 2014, (which is less than 10 months from now), He would already have his mind made up on this. Maybe He does, I don't know.

I believe it would take at least a full year to sort out all the planning: legal, logistics, itinerary, venues, etc... (and there are alot of etc's...).

All I know is that the new 3rd season of "Game of Thrones" begins on March 31, 2013 and the final 8 episodes of "Breaking Bad" begins sometime in July of 2013. As far as a new "Led Zeppelin" tour in 2014 is anyone's guess.

"breaking bad" wink anyway..... a tour =who knows , what we really want is the BIG colaboration with jonesy AND jr.Bonham included =we need some powerfull new music, its been lame out there esp since Dio (r.i.p.) left us!

Maybe they talked about possibly doing shows again during the promotion for Celebration Day. I took it as "the ball's in Page's court", and you remember his comment about it being years ago and not sounding so sure about it?

We'll see what happens when the reissue project announcement happens.

I don't think they're going to do stadiums if they do it.

please for GOD sakes = always include jonsey and bonzo jr iwith pagey in this next colaboration= we want them INCLUDED this time :) (rite?)

Of course! They should just write a new album! And if they don't want it to have a Led Zeppelin name on it, they can always put their symbols on it :P

"breaking bad" wink anyway..... a tour =who knows , what we really want is the BIG colaboration with jonesy AND jr.Bonham included =we need some powerfull new music, its been lame out there esp since Dio (r.i.p.) left us!

AMEN to that, brother! We trully NEED the real heavy artilery! =)

I don't want to speculate but when you read the latest interview posted in the Jason Bonham Zep Experience thread, there was something major that was coming out soon that was being kept under wraps. Any coincidence?

Remember his tweet/facebook post like a month ago or so? When he said something like "The thing that I just heard is going to be known soon and it will be well worth the wait...?"

I've listened to Robert Plant being interviewed many times since the early 1980's (Rockline ect...). He has his own unique brand of humor like we all do. IMO It can actually be very funny, clever, to down right annoying (in a fun way). But there is one thing about his interviews, he guides them, carefully. He seldom "slips" or "spills the beans" about anything, joking or not. And especially about the subject of a Led Zeppelin reunion.

And of course stretching back all of those years the reunion question has been asked again and againX10. But to the best of my recall I've never heard Plant make a comment like he did here, joking or not, ever. Its always been the "maybe" answer or "you never know" answer or "this, that and the other thing would have to happen and then maybe the New Zeppelin will return...way down the road...if ever" answer.

Now I'm not saying a reunion is absolutely happening, but it was INFERRED, to me theres no doubt. Now that doesnt mean hes talking about a massive world tour like 1977 with all the frills included. It could mean a lot of different things. Maybe a few shows here or there, maybe new music? Who knows because no specifics were mentioned. Just the statement that he's free next year to do something with Jimmy Page and JPJ. Remember Plant is a master public figure, this stuff is old hat to him. He knew EXACTLY what he was saying and that it would cause speculation amongst fans and media alike, make no mistake about it. So this could be exciting news for people who would like to see these guys get together. And theres the problem, it seems like it takes an act of God to make that happen.

Archived