Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

Jimmy's Dragon Suit

It's not going to happen. I really can't hear a new Zeppelin album without Bonzo. It wouldn't be the same.

Actually I can "hear" a new Zep album with Jason on drums...no problem there at all. Jason IS Zeppelin blood

and Zeppelin talent. Actually it would bring a refreshing new take on the rhythem section with Jason and Jonsey playing

together. There is a connection, just like when Jonsey played with Bonzo, and in some ways maybe deeper.

So yes, a new Zeppelin album with Jason would be just as awesome and unique in its own way.

If and it's a big if, it were to happen it'd be possible to play selective gigs around the world over a 12 month period at say, one per month.

That would give them time to get around and not be too straining on them by allowing time to recover between shows.

Also, it would be good to hear some some new material and contrary to what some think it doesn't have to take too that long to bring something out.

If memory serves me correct, TCV recorded and released their album within a year.

Presuming Jimmy has things already written and the post O2 sessions with JPJ and Jason it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to include and add vocals and lyrics from Robert.

Lotteries are bullshit, IMO, so the only way to maximise and satisfy audiences is to play big stadiums.

Good luck with that!

I'd rather hear new music from them than see them do a worldwide greatest hits tour, to be honest. Zep was always about looking forward, rather than back. I think they could do some really interesting new stuff - JPJ's contribution to the Vultures album was terrific, and Page is apparently sitting on years and years of new material. Plus, theres the stuff Page Jones and JB worked on after the O2. Would love it if some of that stuff finally saw the light of day.

There are many many Zep fans that have not seen them in concert and the "old" material would do just fine, again and again and again.. If they want to release new material then do it after the tour.

Jeff

There are many many Zep fans that have not seen them in concert and the "old" material would do just fine, again and again and again.. If they want to release new material then do it after the tour.

Jeff

Tara Brown: "If the other surviving members of Led Zeppelin could come up with something new, he would be there in a heartbeat. He, he jokes about it and sorta says they say its his fault, he says its their fault. If I can find them and he's free in 2014 then it might all happen. I, I don't think it will happen...um...but its nice to wonder."

I don't think anyone would complain too hard about hearing them together doing the old songs, but I think its been made pretty clear that Robert doesn't have an interest in being a nostalgia act. This actually isn't the first time he's mentioned that if people came to him with new music he might be interested. The most recent comment to that effect was at the Kennedy Center Honors.

Actually I can "hear" a new Zep album with Jason on drums...no problem there at all. Jason IS Zeppelin blood

and Zeppelin talent. Actually it would bring a refreshing new take on the rhythem section with Jason and Jonsey playing

together. There is a connection, just like when Jonsey played with Bonzo, and in some ways maybe deeper.

So yes, a new Zeppelin album with Jason would be just as awesome and unique in its own way.

Believe me, Jason is the only person in the world who can fill in that spot. But after hearing all the records, It won't sound right. Bonzo had a style that really cannot be replicated. I think this is why Robert among other reasons doesn't want to do this reunion thing further. I wouldn't mind them touring and playing it, Jason is capable of doing that completely, but if they are going to write new material, that groove aspect that Bonzo had would be absent. Maybe its just me because I'm a drummer and I hold Bonzo in high regard, but I just can't hear it. If they do however record an album with the four of them, I would be interested to hear how it sounds. The song Save Me from Jason's Black Country Communion sounds Zeppelin to me, which I'm sure it was intended to be one.

since when did bands have a sell by date? Zep's music is timeless, its when you have dickheads like boyzone and takethat dancing around like twats at 40 you go..." what the fuck is going on?"

if the 07 DVD is anything to go buy, Zeppelin aren't a nostalgia act, they are a rocking band, albeit not a working one but who says that cant change? band lineups change all the time, Floyd, Beatles, Sabbath, all kept their name but the members changed! will Robert accept that the music is bigger than him? he and the others are the conduit! gimmie some lovin

Six pages and counting based on a rather offhand Plantation. Wow. And I thought I was a fairly rabid Zephead!

(steps away cautiously, leaving behind a box of tissues for wiping off the fandrool and other... excretions)

the six pages aren't all "fandrool " .... just lots of people interested in robert and led zep.

isn't that why we are all members here? :)

wait and see is the best approach here... Plant could have had ideas in his mind that have nothing to do with a tour I have said all along Plant and Page will work together again most likely but I dont see PLant breaking all the ties he's formed in the past 7 years permanently for a gigantic stadium tour of the world. I may be surprised though

Correction to the article: John Bonham is, was, and will always be Led Zeppelin's drummer. Jason did an excellent job filling in for his dad, but, let's be honest - without the Beast, there is no Zeppelin.

I think Robert was being facetious.

SAJ.... what is the largest capacity venue in Montreux?

The Nobs Tribute

headlined by Led Zeppelin

Stravinski Auditorium has a capacity of 3,500. It hosted Plant in '93, Page/Plant in '01, & Plant in '06. I was hoping Robert if not the others might participate in this year's Montreux Jazz Festival but all seems quiet for now.

I think a reunion will happen and will be the last. New material? Yeah, probably. A full length album......maybe. A tour? Yes, probably 10 cities in Europe and maybe 20 in North America.....maybe 5 Australasia. After the adulation of the Kennedy Center Honors, Celebration Day DVD release and new box set on the horizon there is no doubt Zeppelin is still popular....very popular. I think reality has sunk in with Plant....there is no escaping the legacy....it is just too BIG! If it doesn't happen I'd be shocked, but I think it will happen.

Archived