Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

Jimmy's Dragon Suit

I think a reunion will happen and will be the last. New material? Yeah, probably. A full length album......maybe. A tour? Yes, probably 10 cities in Europe and maybe 20 in North America.....maybe 5 Australasia. After the adulation of the Kennedy Center Honors, Celebration Day DVD release and new box set on the horizon there is no doubt Zeppelin is still popular....very popular. I think reality has sunk in with Plant....there is no escaping the legacy....it is just too BIG! If it doesn't happen I'd be shocked, but I think it will happen.

First post here, so WELCOME.

FIrst, yet I have to quote it and sign it. All. My words.

Thank you.

Personally, I just want to hear the new material that Page, Jones and Bonham recorded after the 2007 gig. Preferably with Plant singing on it, but if not, get someone else. I just cant understand why he keeps making comments like this, as he knows its going to be all over the music press in the morning. Maybe he really is up for it this time? Who knows.....

We heard 1 song, called "Save Me", Bonham used it with Black Country Communion on there 2nd album, and played it live on there dvd release, , I think it was excellent had a wonton song type rhythm

Funny RP mentions the Horoscope factor...we could consider that he's a Leo and conjecture that he's attention seeking. Reminds me of when he said he "eloped and moved to Texas" (wasn't that also right before a tour?), all kinds of talk sprung up about him, then his press person denounced it, now we see on his website that he did indeed marry at some time. (Congrats to the happy couple BTW!) I'm just saying...this comment might be more about getting the buzz going about "anything Zep" or "everything Robert" to draw attention to what he is doing. Not a Robert hater, just an observation.

Funny RP mentions the Horoscope factor...we could consider that he's a Leo and conjecture that he's attention seeking. Reminds me of when he said he "eloped and moved to Texas" (wasn't that also right before a tour?), all kinds of talk sprung up about him, then his press person denounced it, now we see on his website that he did indeed marry at some time. (Congrats to the happy couple BTW!) I'm just saying...this comment might be more about getting the buzz going about "anything Zep" or "everything Robert" to draw attention to what he is doing. Not a Robert hater, just an observation.

He did indeed marry at some time - 1968.

Didn't it say on his website that Patti called him her husband when he showed up unexpectedly at a benefit show in Austin recently? Maybe I read that wrong.

The story on his website referred to them as husband and wife but not because Patty referred to him that way. There have been numerous stories on both sides of this issue and it seems like everyone just reads the same main story and then writes their own take completely based off of the one story instead of the facts. The very next story on his website had him saying that they weren't married so there's your consistency. I just wish people would let their private life be private.

The story on his website referred to them as husband and wife but not because Patty referred to him that way. There have been numerous stories on both sides of this issue and it seems like everyone just reads the same main story and then writes their own take completely based off of the one story instead of the facts. The very next story on his website had him saying that they weren't married so there's your consistency. I just wish people would let their private life be private.

Yes, I get it about the private life thing. Perhaps you missed my point in relating that. It was to say that it seems like Robert likes to drop these little "one-liners" that get people talking about him and they seem to coincide with his activities...tours, cds, etc. And it's odd that he even mentions the fact that Jones and Page are Capricorns in the same breath because we all know how Leos love the limelight...I don't really know what he was referring to with the Capricorn thing, except that they are often perfectionists. Maybe somebody can hip me to what he was getting at. So as all of these articles are being written speculating what is on his mindl...they are bound to say "As Robert Plant embarks on a tour (blah, blah, blah). So he gets a little more bang for his buck. Afterall, they just did the Kennedy Center, Late Night Show, etc, right on the tail end of Celebration Day and the news conference and publicity with that...how much press can he eek out in a 6 month period? I'm just being realistic here. Who better to gin up the press than the man himself that has been said to be the hold out all along? And the nature of his comments are a little more carrot dangling than the approach Jimmy uses which in my opinion is a little more straight forward like "hey, I'm doing (such and such this year)", not necessarily with specifics. Ijust think Robert likes to gin things up a bit somethimes. Nothing wrong with that...I am salivating. And I am wishing Robert would tour around the US a little more because I would love to see him.

I don't at all disagree that he drops comments here and there that he is well aware will stir people up in one way or another. Many people refer to it as Robert speak and have spent a lot of time on trying to read between the lines of what he's saying. The only thing I would never trust is a fan who says they totally know what he means lol. Whether he does it for publicity or just out of frustration at always having to answer the same questions over and over, or if it's just a game to him is really something only he knows. The rest of us are merely guessing.

Yes, you are so right and forgive me if I seem to be saying that I know what he means...I am just adding my guessing to the mix. And I would add, sharing a bit of my frustration. Robert is, in the case of reunion talk, and in terms of the way we hear it, "the voice of Led Zeppelin". He is lucky and unlucky in some ways to have that distinction. Lucky, in that he can still call upon that voice, in whatever it's form, to ellicite responses from an adoring public. I guess I wouldn't really call him lucky in that he seems to have the upper hand in calling the shots about a reunion, because it seems quite painful for everyone involved. I have always felt sorry for JP (and to a lesser degree JPJ, because he goes about doing his thing), but sorry for JP because he can't really just go out and "do Led Zeppelin" like Robert has been able to do. I suppose Robert could be said to be in the unlucky position to be called upon by that adoring public to satisfy an insatiable desire to hear that "voice" in what we view as its highest form, that being its original (or as close to original form) as it can be. Or even something new that would encompass that form. It was a magical union of talent and I think it's unfortunate if Robert doesn't understand the public's yearning for more of it. I suppose it would get old being asked the same question all of the time, but then does he really have to do interviews at all, surely he knows that will be one of the questions? I would hate to think that he would rely on a television interview to express his desire to the other willing players. I feel for him having to say "no" all of the time, but he does hold the "lion's share" of the deck. Forgive me for questioning his sincerity in this regard and therefore casting judgment or attempting to read his mind. God, I hope I am wrong!

Yes, I get it about the private life thing. Perhaps you missed my point in relating that. It was to say that it seems like Robert likes to drop these little "one-liners" that get people talking about him and they seem to coincide with his activities...tours, cds, etc. And it's odd that he even mentions the fact that Jones and Page are Capricorns in the same breath because we all know how Leos love the limelight...I don't really know what he was referring to with the Capricorn thing, except that they are often perfectionists. Maybe somebody can hip me to what he was getting at. So as all of these articles are being written speculating what is on his mindl...they are bound to say "As Robert Plant embarks on a tour (blah, blah, blah). So he gets a little more bang for his buck. Afterall, they just did the Kennedy Center, Late Night Show, etc, right on the tail end of Celebration Day and the news conference and publicity with that...how much press can he eek out in a 6 month period? I'm just being realistic here. Who better to gin up the press than the man himself that has been said to be the hold out all along? And the nature of his comments are a little more carrot dangling than the approach Jimmy uses which in my opinion is a little more straight forward like "hey, I'm doing (such and such this year)", not necessarily with specifics. Ijust think Robert likes to gin things up a bit somethimes. Nothing wrong with that...I am salivating. And I am wishing Robert would tour around the US a little more because I would love to see him.

About the Capricorn comment...perhaps Plant was inferring that Page and JPJ are more reserved and less inclined to chat with the media.

About the Capricorn comment...perhaps Plant was inferring that Page and JPJ are more reserved and less inclined to chat with the media.

Well that's it..."the Capricorns are in their own little worlds" etc. and are uncommunicative to a degree. IMO Plants comment was very straightforward...he's not the bad guy holding up a reunion...he's got nothing to do in 2014..."talk to the Capricorns"...The question is whether or not he was being genuine or just playing games and creating a fervor...which BTW he's feigns to detest most of the time! He's so sick of the "reunion question" and yet he now throws gas on the fire! Maybe it's his sense of humor...or maybe he's really serious.

I know I may not be an "insider", but I know someone who is and this is a message recently received from him. This person has had more than reliable info over the past few years so I 99% believe what he says as everything in the past has been true. Don't count on any new material from the band. Jimmy's new stuff may see the light of day, but he really is holding out for Plant to work with him, though not as in new Zep album. Anyway the message I got less than a week ago reads as follows: The Led Zeppelin Tour for 2014 is on!! I just spoke to a close friend who was asked to be part of the management team for moving the band from city to city for the tour. Pre-production starts later this year and the tour will begin next year running to 2015!! Yes its a WORLD TOUR!! You heard it here first!!

If, and it's still an if in my mind until the boys say otherwise, but IF it happens, I'm counting on a 3-5 day stint at the Silverdome to make up for the show I missed from 1980. Still pissed at a friend of mine who, when he found out the tour was cancelled, sent his tickets back for a refund. He actually HAD the tickets already whereas my money was sent, but then refunded after Bonzo passed and the tour cancelled. The Silverdome is still standing(unbelievably) and would still be a great place to see them. Still no formal announcement, but going on what I was sent, I'm saving money because tickets will be astronomically high to begin with, plus what the scumbag scalpers add to it, hell it may be like the 02 show again. Nothing but celebrities and the uber-rich in attendance just to say they were there, as opposed to actual fans being able to see the show.

I know I may not be an "insider", but I know someone who is and this is a message recently received from him. This person has had more than reliable info over the past few years so I 99% believe what he says as everything in the past has been true. Don't count on any new material from the band. Jimmy's new stuff may see the light of day, but he really is holding out for Plant to work with him, though not as in new Zep album. Anyway the message I got less than a week ago reads as follows: The Led Zeppelin Tour for 2014 is on!! I just spoke to a close friend who was asked to be part of the management team for moving the band from city to city for the tour. Pre-production starts later this year and the tour will begin next year running to 2015!! Yes its a WORLD TOUR!! You heard it here first!!

does this person who is able to get this type of info know anything about the solo tour jimmy is supposed to do this year ?

A year long world tour for a 70 year old, a 68 year old, and a 65 year old. Now THAT would be ambitious!!!

Most likely if they did do something it would be around maybe 20 dates in the US staggered over three months plus additional dates in Europe. Who knows??? Though if they do tour I hope they bring back a name they kicked around back in 68'. The Cabbage!!! Live in concert!!!

If, and it's still an if in my mind until the boys say otherwise, but IF it happens, I'm counting on a 3-5 day stint at the Silverdome to make up for the show I missed from 1980. Still pissed at a friend of mine who, when he found out the tour was cancelled, sent his tickets back for a refund. He actually HAD the tickets already whereas my money was sent, but then refunded after Bonzo passed and the tour cancelled. The Silverdome is still standing(unbelievably) and would still be a great place to see them. Still no formal announcement, but going on what I was sent, I'm saving money because tickets will be astronomically high to begin with, plus what the scumbag scalpers add to it, hell it may be like the 02 show again. Nothing but celebrities and the uber-rich in attendance just to say they were there, as opposed to actual fans being able to see the show.

Ya know, I'm really getting tired of comments like this! There were approximately 25,000 tickets available for the 2007 O2 show. 7,000 of those tickets were reserved for the band, record companies, Ahmet's relatives.....and yes, some celebs. But the majority of those tickets...some 18,000.....DID go to fans. Not all of them were die-hard, I'd-sell-my-soul fans, but average Joe's nevertheless. Everyone I waited 15 hours in line with were FANS...not uber-rich, not celebs. I didn't win the lottery and worked my ass off scoring a ticket for the show. And some of those celebs like Marilyn Manson and Brian May had WORSE seats than my ticket (which was a standing ticket - and I was front row, right of center on the floor). I actually bought plane tickets and reserved a hotel before I got a ticket to the show....I was going to be there even if all it meant was leaning my ear against the outside wall of the O2 pavilion. Although at first I thought the idea of a lottery was a disaster, in hindsight it was probably the most fair way they could have sold the tickets. If those tickets would have gotten in the hands of scalpers, there would have been a LOT less fans there and more of the types of people you describe. I'd recommend they do it the same way IF....and I don't believe it for a second.........there will be a "world tour" in 2014!

Archived