Robert Plant Hints He'd Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion

Jimmy's Dragon Suit

1. the duties for logistics for moving a band from city to city are not the responsibilities of a management team

2. those who are selected for these responsibilities are never told in advance, they are merely assigned to do so

3. grunts are never told of an acts plans or intentions since they are subject to change always

4. anyone who says they are an insider are not inside very far since they cannot be trusted to keep their mouth shut

your self heralded insider is fabricating crap sir

I know I may not be an "insider", but I know someone who is and this is a message recently received from him. This person has had more than reliable info over the past few years so I 99% believe what he says as everything in the past has been true. Don't count on any new material from the band. Jimmy's new stuff may see the light of day, but he really is holding out for Plant to work with him, though not as in new Zep album. Anyway the message I got less than a week ago reads as follows: The Led Zeppelin Tour for 2014 is on!! I just spoke to a close friend who was asked to be part of the management team for moving the band from city to city for the tour. Pre-production starts later this year and the tour will begin next year running to 2015!! Yes its a WORLD TOUR!! You heard it here first!!

1. the duties for logistics for moving a band from city to city are not the responsibilities of a management team

2. those who are selected for these responsibilities are never told in advance, they are merely assigned to do so

3. grunts are never told of an acts plans or intentions since they are subject to change always

4. anyone who says they are an insider are not inside very far since they cannot be trusted to keep their mouth shut

your self heralded insider is fabricating crap sir

Hear hear! I call bullscheisse on jdpagefan!

It tells me that jdpagefan probably shouldn't trust his insider friend with anything confidential since his friend is going to spill like a drunken sailor in Shanghai with a full paycheck

it's a great confidence to know that anytime anything worth anything happens- that we will hear it first from Sam right here on this forum. Rumors are fun sometimes and comical usually, rather have the reality of a splashscreen, dates, and even a countdown. 2012 was a great year as a fan.

I just hope that what is going on is clear to the four guys who would comprise Zeppelin on a tour. I'd hate for Jimmy Page's plans to tour/make music later this year to be derailed by a reunion that doesn't happen.

Something must be in the mix or why would Robert hint like that? Maybe Robert changed his mind about things after the wonderful affection shown to the band at the Kennedy centers honors?

Robert has spent his entire career dropping "hints" like that which don't mean anything at all. I don't even see that it is a hint, TBH.

And as for the people claiming that there is already a tour in place - from Robert supposedly letting the other guys know that he might be open to discussion, to a tour being in place in less than 24 days - utter bullshit I'm afraid.

You know when you witness a car accident, or a train wreck, or some other tragic, sad event?

You can't help yourself from looking.

You know you shouldn't, you know it's going to be bad and you know you're going to regret it ...........

Drum roll this thread!

One of the few people who has spent a little time on this forum that might now, would be Joe Elliott of Def Leppard. He hangs out with Jason Bonham from time to time, and he is friends with Robert Plant. Jimmy has made a point of going backstage whenever Leppard is in London and hangs with the lads. So if Joe says anything on his radio show on Planet Rock it might be time to get excited. He mentions Zeppelin related stuff on his show from to time to time. He admit on his radio show that he scored his free tickets for the 02 gig because of the friendship he has with the band over the years. Led Zeppelin in 2014 would go down as the single biggest most important tour that has ever been or ever will be. Long Live Led Zeppelin the greatest band that will ever be.

Robert has spent his entire career dropping "hints" like that which don't mean anything at all. I don't even see that it is a hint, TBH.

And as for the people claiming that there is already a tour in place - from Robert supposedly letting the other guys know that he might be open to discussion, to a tour being in place in less than 24 days - utter bullshit I'm afraid.

I cant recall him dropping "hints" related to a tour though. Hes always been quick to dismiss the idea or just blow the questions off entirely.

We know that Jimmy, John Paul, and Jason were working on new songs right after the O2. We know the fans want it. The individual band members play Zeppelin tunes at their respective solo gigs. Clearly the band should be active so the question is: Is Robert being serious? I pray to the gods that he is serious!

I'd rather he wasn't ...I still maintain LZ was 4 members and one is no longer with us...To me staying true to that shows integrity- that doesnt mean they cant find some project to work on and interest us all....but Bonzo permanently replaced in a band called Led Zeppelin ....just doesnt seem right...

I mean, it was proceeded by questions of a reunion. Whether it be a tour, and album, or whatever else...it was certainly Zeppelin related.

Not questions, just how does it feel to be the "Bad Guy." We all know what she meant, but Robert expanded on it and by mentioning being free in 2014 and assuming Jimmy and John reach out to him if nothing comes of it new music or a tour, than he truly will be the bad guy right? I don't think he is necessarily, but he set himself up this time whether he cares or not by these comments.

I'd rather he wasn't ...I still maintain LZ was 4 members and one is no longer with us...To me staying true to that shows integrity- that doesnt mean they cant find some project to work on and interest us all....but Bonzo permanently replaced in a band called Led Zeppelin ....just doesnt seem right...

So were Jimmy, John Paul and Robert WRONG to call their concert at the O2 in 2007 Led Zeppelin? Are you boycotting the DVD/CD release of that show as a sign of protest for using that name? Do you refuse to listen to the Beatles for using that name after Pete Best was out of the band? When Brian Jones passed while in the Stones? When Bon Scott died, was it wrong for AC/DC to continue with a new vocalist? Better yet, di the Yardbirds cease to exist when they replaced the incredible Eric Clapton with Jeff Beck....or that upstart Jimmy Page?????

It never feels right when bands go on without key members. The closest similarity I can think of is The Who without Keith Moon. It just didn't seem right but they still made good music. And they didn't even get Moon Jr. to fill in as an unofficial member like Zeppelin with Jason Bonham. Given the choice a Led Zeppelin without John Bonham is still better than no Led Zeppelin.

It never feels right when bands go on without key members. The closest similarity I can think of is The Who without Keith Moon. It just didn't seem right but they still made good music. And they didn't even get Moon Jr. to fill in as an unofficial member like Zeppelin with Jason Bonham. Given the choice a Led Zeppelin without John Bonham is still better than no Led Zeppelin.

There is a bit of a judgement call as to when a band should/should not go on after losing a key member. Although i prefer the Bon Scott age AC/DC, they hit even higher successs with Brian Johnson. When Deep Purple Mark II lost Roger and Ian, I thought thye were doomed, but did fine replacing them with Coverdale and Hughes....although when Ritchie left, it was basically over. Foghat has one original member, the Who are down to two. Queen tours with only two original members. Those are three bands that I think should be producing under another name. While I have no problem with Led Zeppelin going on with Jason behind the kit, I'd feel less comfortable with another drummer in that spot.

As long as they want to go on the road I would be going to see them :wizard: ! But they all must talk,Rob Plant is not the voice for all of them . If they all agree,then we will have something to look forward to in the future. If not then i will keep puttin on Celabration Day whenever I want to hear what they might have sounded like IF they tour. Craig :redcard:

You lost me at the Pete Best /John Bonham comparison...No I don't consider Zeppelin without Bonzo to be Zeppelin...doesn't mean I am not interested in what projects they may do from here...but Led Zeppelin was a sort of tribute version for Atlantic and Ahmet for a one night Charity event at the 02 not an ongoing thing...and actually i never liked the Stones as much after Brian Jones died...I can see different perspectives but...best friends/parents...they can't always be replaced and to imply that(by the remaining members) would not be very honorable.

You lost me at the Pete Best /John Bonham comparison...No I don't consider Zeppelin without Bonzo to be Zeppelin...doesn't mean I am not interested in what projects they may do from here...but Led Zeppelin was a sort of tribute version for Atlantic and Ahmet for a one night Charity event at the 02 not an ongoing thing...and actually i never liked the Stones as much after Brian Jones died...I can see different perspectives but...best friends/parents...they can't always be replaced and to imply that(by the remaining members) would not be very honorable.

It would be very honorable for all Bonhams if the went out with Jason on drums as Led Zeppelin.

I know everyone has an opinion but I have to say i just don't know what I think about that...really mixed...guess I'll leave it to Leo and the Capricorns...and Jason so Stormbringer, u may be right. i suppose if it does get that far tix will be impossible to get...unlike the rest of the world I just don't have any connections -anyway, i think this would have to be unique and special with Jason. i still wouldn't even mention Pete Best as a similarity...I do know the singer must remain the same... The 21st Century Doors really was not such a good thing IMO...

Archived