Used Record Stores

Charles J. White

As someone who loves vinyl, I thought this was funny..do you have any Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin...I can only imagine how true this is:-)

Sh*t People Say At Record Stores.

:hysterical: It's all true! "I saw one of these sell on eBay for ONE THOUSAND BUCKS." :D

In Atlanta I go to Wax n Facts and Criminal Records. Both pretty cool stores. When I'm in Athens GA, I go to Wuxtry Records. Nothing like a trip to the record store to load up on vinyls.

And about the video-- that's all so true. Man that stuff irritates me.

Edited by JLee93

^^ Funny you mention this. The friends I am going with to see Jason in June with Heart in June plan on going to Criminal Records prior to the concert if time permits:-) If your going to see JBLZE.... or Robert in July send me a PM. :peace:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Really tough times for a lot of used record stores. A local used record store that I haven't been to in a while (Tracks in Wax) but have spent tons of money in is on the fence about whether they will stay open or not, it's sad. https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/music/tracks-in-wax-may-not-close-phoenix-record-store-11470699

I miss the original Poo Bah record shop that used to be located in an old craftsman style bungalow in Pasadena on the corner of Walnut and Wilson Ave. Now the place is some damn salon/spa I think.

Poo+Bah.jpg

Skein.jpg

also long gone from Pasadena California:

The Handlebars Saloon in the alley behind the Academy theater on Colorado Blvd.  Great times, live bands, and sometimes you might run into Alex Van Halen or someone from the band.

Perkin's Palace on Raymond Ave. Great concert venue--- especially in the punk years. Black Flag, Suicidal Tendencies, and all those L.A. '80s hair bands--- GnR, Ratt, Crue.  Place is now just another fucking 'mixed use' apartment and retail space. What a crime!

The old Bob's Big Boy diner on Colorado near Pasadena City College--- another place to usually run into somebody from Van Halen late at night in the '70s.

The United Artist move theater where for at least 10 years they played a midnight show of The Song Remains the Same every Saturday night. Oh how many beers I knocked over and rolled down under the seats there!

Legendary FM radio station KROQ used to be in Pasadena on Los Robles Ave. KROQ was instrumental in helping catapult many local L.A. bands to national attention.

The 'Rose Palace' on Raymond used to be a concert venue in the '70s. Vanilla Fudge, The Who, Santana, and even our boys Led Zeppelin played there. Now they just use the space to decorate floats for the new years Rose Parade.

Edited by kipper