2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ Great photos, Strider.

O's get the Mariners & the good news is I think the Orioles get to avoid the King who pitched last night. I expect the Braves to continue rolling with the hapless Phillies, and the Sawx get to feast on one of the scrubs from the NL West, the D-Backs.

And oh yeah, Muts host the red hot Royals, another ass whoopin' perhaps.

Edited by paul carruthers

^^ Great photos, Strider.

O's get the Mariners & the good news is I think the Orioles get to avoid the King who pitched last night. I expect the Braves to continue rolling with the hapless Phillies, and the Sawx get to feast on one of the scrubs from the NL West, the D-Backs.

And oh yeah, Muts host the red hot Royals, another ass whoopin' perhaps.

You have to feel for King Felix having that poor excuse for a bullpen blow that game. Yes we will avoid him and the Japanese pitcher that is having even a better year than the King. Then its off to the West coast to play SD and SF. I hope Davis puts a few in McCovey cove. The Indians are on fire. I expect them to perhaps get knocked off today vs Miami's best pitcher and Miami has played well lately, winning 8 of 10. I would think the Orioles are a virtual lock with Tillman being on fire like he is. He not only beat Boston last Friday but two hit them. They have had a very magical season with games like last night. If we get in a one game deal I like our chances with either Tillman or Chen vs any comers. But the hope is to catch at least Tampa who I believe cannot keep up this torrid pace. The Dodgers I believe will win the west and I like them to take the NL.

A's take game 2 this afternoon and have a 3.5 game lead on the Rangers. I have faith that my boys will win tomorrow and leave Oakland 2 1/2 back, then sweep the Angels again.

It's great to see the Oakland Coliseum full , we'll as full as it gets for baseball game sales.

The Pittsburgh Pirates will not fade this year. I believe...

And then? Toast in round one. Thanks to Chen giving away the game in the 7th inning, we must now go kick some serious ass in SD and SF. Doable. We must bench Feldman. I do not want to see him pitch again. Send him to the fucking prison leagues.

Pretty light schedule today, not a whole lot going on except the Red Sox will get to feast on the Astros again. The big news of the day should be coming out in a few hours, when & for how long will A-Roid get whacked?

Agree on the A Rod. But do not underestimate Houston on that astro turf. They are not a walk in the park. Anything can happen in this game and it has been. Their luck is due to swing and Tampa's even more. I do not know how Tampa got this schedule but it has to get tougher. I know they are going to the Dodgers soon. And Other than Price their staff is not that great. I say Tampa will be coming down to Earth very soon. They had quite a schedule in July. I do not know what is going to happen with A Rod? The whole thing is crazy. I do not believe some of these 15 day injuries that are listed either. Managers are using it as a tool or weapon. Its impossible to prove a guy is not really hurting.

Whew, 211 games for A-Rod, of course he's going to appeal. The circus continues...

I still say its an error on 2nd baseman but they gave him a single on a bloop. 3-0 White Sox. How about that suspension list. my friend in Carolina is a transplanted Phillies fan. I reminded him of Bastardo. He needs to drop the vowel the bastard. LOL.

7-0 White Sox now & the only reason anyone might care about this game is because of A-Roid. Btw, how about those Royals, 9-1 over their last 10 games & still sitting 7.5 back of Detroit but only 4.5 in the Wild Card chase. And if Texas loses out on one of those Wild Card spots, how many fans in Texas are going to want to roast Nelson Cruz?

Rangers win their first game without Cruz, although they are playing the hapless Angels. Darvish tonight should mean another Texas victory. O's travel to the west coast, but don't take those Padres lightly. San Diego leads the season series 2-0 & as the Astros proved last night, anything can happen.

It used to be the operating words in baseball were "Play ball!" Today it's lawyer up!

A Rod needs a rod shoved up his arse. What a clown...that press conference of his was a sham. Why hold one if you're not going to answer the question everyone wants to know? Answer the question, jerk!

Oh poor A Roid..."these last seven months have been the worse of my life"...oh boo hoo hoo. Don't do the drugs then, bitch. Asking for sympathy now shows how despicable A Roid is.

A Rod will be in rehab playing for Trenton. I assume AA>? I hope he is a Yankee forever. Buck Showalter is correct. Those thieving bastards are hoping he gets the ban so they can buy up the fucking farm including my boy Wieters.

I don't understand this post. Wieters is a catcher, A Rod is a 3B...why should the O's lose Wieters if A Rod is gone? If Wieters is of such dubious character that he would leave the O's for the Yankees, then he wasn't worth buying his jersey to begin with.

It used to be the operating words in baseball were "Play ball!" Today it's lawyer up!

A Rod needs a rod shoved up his arse. What a clown...that press conference of his was a sham. Why hold one if you're not going to answer the question everyone wants to know? Answer the question, jerk!

Oh poor A Roid..."these last seven months have been the worse of my life"...oh boo hoo hoo. Don't do the drugs then, bitch. Asking for sympathy now shows how despicable A Roid is.

I don't understand this post. Wieters is a catcher, A Rod is a 3B...why should the O's lose Wieters if A Rod is gone? If Wieters is of such dubious character that he would leave the O's for the Yankees, then he wasn't worth buying his jersey to begin with.

Buck used Wieters as an example of how the Yankees could be rewarded financially by a lifetime banning of A Rod. It would be grossly unfair to teams like the Orioles, Red Sox and Rays. It would give the Yankees money to spend to steal good players. It has nothing to do with position.

Rangers win their first game without Cruz, although they are playing the hapless Angels. Darvish tonight should mean another Texas victory. O's travel to the west coast, but don't take those Padres lightly. San Diego leads the season series 2-0 & as the Astros proved last night, anything can happen.

Can't wait to watch Darvish tonight, but it's rough trying to stay awake for the west coast games.

I see there was a bit of a dustup in Washington tonight, boys will be boys I suppose. :rolleyes: The bigger news is the Braves appear to be rolling, just hand them the NL East crown, now.

redrum, it appears not to be your Giants year, but at least you can hang your hat on 2 out of the last 3 World Series titles.

I am up burning the midnight oil watching my Birds. Up 2-0 and all the teams we want to lose are losing with the exception of Boston. I do not care if we get in via wild card. Indians lost. Texas losing. Tampa losing. I just found out our last 20 are vs AL East. Huge. We go to SF and Arizona after this. But the poor Rays and Sox must visit those pesky Dodgers who are on fire.