2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

I think they held Cleveland to 1 after the bases were loaded with nobody out. We are 0-0 and must get the bats going. Davis - for 1. We need a double play. Boston was down 2-0 but its 2-1 now.

Home run Valencia, and 1-0 O's. Yankees up 3-1. How about Fernandez for the Marlins. No hits so far and 3-0

Edited by LedZeppfan77

If the Nationals get a hit, then I'm going to say you put the jinx on Fernandez. Could it be possible after tonight that the Yanks will be only 1 game back of the 2nd wild card. Unbelievable...

Davis has hit number 48 finally. Orioles up 4-0. And we can be 2 back. We are 1/2 back of Yankees but they come to our house for 4.

Cleveland gets a free series with a visit by a team known as the NY Mutts. Worse than pure shit. Now that Harvey is gone, they have NOTHING. Miami is kicking ass with Fernandez as I knew he would. That kid is nuts. Feldman is pitching great for my O's. Looks like the Red Sox may give the Yankees one tonight.

All I can say is that the Saint Louis Cardinals are going to go to the World Series. I hope that it is a repeat of the St. Louis Cardinals Versus the Texas Ranger World Series of 2011. I believe that is the Greatest World Series in living memory. The Texas Rangers were within one strike from ending the Series in game 6 and the Cardinals would not give up.

Here is a very good highlight of the Cardinals playoff run and ultimately World Series Victory (I will admit that I had to mute the music because that type of music annoys the Fuck out of Me).

Great game!

I have an extra ticket for Sunday. Anyone want to go? :)

I'd love to E if it wasn't for this pesky 4,000 miles between us, hehe. Camden Yards is on my to-do list.

And so, baseball fans...it has come down to the last month of the season. Four more weekends to go and here is where things stand.

The NL is pretty much devoid of suspense as both the Dodgers and Atlanta have their divisions sewn up, and it doesn't really matter who wins the NL Central because all three teams chasing the division(Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Cincinnati) are also locks for the wild card.

The AL is where the action is at. Sure, the AL East and Central are looking good for the Red Sox and Tigers respectively, barring a collapse down the stretch. But the AL West is a dogfight between Oakland and Texas as usual...one half a game separates them. My pathetic Angels languish 14.5 games back and even with their recent string of victories are still eight games under .500.

The Wild Card is a five team scrum for two spots. As it stands now, Texas and Tampa are in the top two spots. But Tampa has been reeling of late(they lost again last night in Seattle) and if the Angels can beat Texas again this weekend, it will make things very interesting indeed. For Cleveland and Baltimore and even the Yankees are less than 3 games back.

Rangers 80-60

Rays 77-63

Indians 75-65 2 GB

Orioles 75-65 2 GB

Yankees 75-66 2.5 GB

Schedule-wise, Boston has a beast of a schedule left...five more games with the Yankees, three at Tampa, and six games with Baltimore, including three at Baltimore to close the season. Only Toronto and Colorado give them a reprieve of sorts...and going to Colorado is no picnic for the pitching staff. Boston could be depleted by the time they get to Baltimore.

As for Baltimore, besides the home-and-away series with Boston, they have two crucial 4-game series to worry about: The hated Yankees next week at home and Tampa on the road two weeks from now. But Baltimore also gets to feast on Toronto for six games.

And what about the Yankees? Well, they have an interesting schedule that could play into their favour. Their remaining schedule is front-loaded...Boston, @ Baltimore for 4, @ Boston. But then, from September 17 on, their last 12 games of the season are against the dregs of MLB...and one team that is reeling. At Toronto, San Francisco and Tampa at home, and finishing up at Houston. Depending on how they make it through these next couple of weeks, the Yankees could clean up and make up ground at the end while Boston and Baltimore are duking it out.

What about the Indians and the Rays? The way Tampa is reeling, it may not matter who they play...but they finish @ Seattle, Boston, @ Minnesota, Texas for 4, Baltimore for 4, @ Yankees, @ Toronto.

CLEVELAND though is the one to watch out for...their schedule is ridiculously easy the rest of the way! They don't have to face one division leader or even a wild card contender...it's mostly bottom-feeders for the Indians. NY Mutts, KC, @ CHW for 4, @ KC, Houston for 4, CHW for 2, @ Minnesota. You couldn't ask for a better scenario if you're an Indian fan.

Lastly, the race between Oakland and Texas will most likely be settled with their lone remaining three-game series at Texas next weekend. Which means both teams need to win against the bottom-feeders in their division(Angels, Seattle, Houston). Of the two, Oakland has the more favourable schedule...they get Minnesota while Texas has to play Pittsburgh and at Tampa.

PLAY BALL!!!

Not the Mets though. Are they ever going to win?

Well, the Mets keep saying they are building for the future. They've been saying that for about 4 or 5 year & have not produced a winner yet. The 2014 season looks to be no different even if we have Harvey & Wheeler at the top of the rotation. Just thinking about this and my football team makes me appreciate the Miami Heat even more.

Rangers better get their heads out of their asses and win this game.

More good news. We may have a showdown comin zepscoda. And if its Tillman you guys are in deep shit. We swept yo ass's down there last time we met. We are about to close the gap to 1 game!!!!!! We only need scalp a few injuns and stomp some yankee ass.