2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Fortunately for Texas, the Indians are playing the Royals so they hang on to that 2nd wild card, for now.

It now means we can catch Texas rather than Tampa? Either would do fine. But are in reach. We have a bitch of a series coming up though with Boston. I am wondering if they will rest anyone because they have clinched? Napoli was sore? Will see. Either way Feldman has to be on. I really believed KC would win last night and they helped us alot. Not its in reach if we can simply win.

The Sox have not officially clinched anything yet, so they still have a lot to play for. The race in the NL Central looks like it may go down to the last day of the season, here's hoping those Pirates can come through in the clutch. Should be an interesting battle for NL Manager of the year between Clint Hurdle & Don Mattingly.

The Sox have not officially clinched anything yet, so they still have a lot to play for. The race in the NL Central looks like it may go down to the last day of the season, here's hoping those Pirates can come through in the clutch. Should be an interesting battle for NL Manager of the year between Clint Hurdle & Don Mattingly.

They clinched the division. So they could chose to rest guys one or two at a time if they have any pains. Texas is falling apart in epic fashion. I think they are the team that can be easily caught. We own them in tie breakers and swept them down there. They may get whacked again tonight in Tampa. So we have to start thinking of nailing them. We have three in Tampa also. We hold our destiny in our own hands pretty much if we can get hot. We must. That means you Chris Davis.

As Jim Hunter just said, you can restart my heart now... whew...

Yeah Esther, when JJ comes in these days I often ask "why not leave Tommy in there?" He is going to live or die with the guy. The damn Indians just tied KC. Hoping KC can win it and put us 1/2 back of them. If we can win tomorrow, no matter what happens between Texas and Tampa, we will trail one of them by only 1. We simply need to win. Against the Red Sox! Yikes.

Kansas Shitty is now stinking up the joint. Bad error. Blew a 3-1 lead. 4-3 Injuns. Sucks. Two more at bats but they best get going.

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I like KC's chances to bounce back on the Injuns tonight. If we take Boston tonight, we have Tillman tomorrow. A win tonight cuts us to one out regardless because someone must lose between Tampa and Texas. Its matters not who. Though we do play Tampa and not Texas. The way Texas has played I am not really worried about them if we can just win our own games. We are right there. Another monster game tonight

Anyone see the number McFarland did on Big Poppy yesterday? Struck his arse out and then Buck pulled him. So do not be surprised if late, he puts McFarland in to face him again.

Can you believe the Nationals are only 4 1/2 out of a wild card. Just imagine them knocking the Pirates out. Can you imagine how crushing that would be to that city? But I think they may catch the Reds. Very possible.

^^ Yeah, the Nationals have some life, too little too late imo. I think the Reds & Pirates are safe as far as playoff spots & I'm still hoping the Pirates can win that division. But crazier things have happened as far as the Nats maybe catching one of those Wild Card teams.

I do not think its crazy at all. 4 1/2 is not that big. Not when you are chasing the Pirates or Reds. The Cardinals are another story. Imagine if they caught Atlanta? Was there not a couple times in recent history it happened? Oh yeah, some team called the Mets. LOL. Lost two years in a row on final day. Ouch. My birds are only 2 back. I hope you do not think they are out of it. They are one of only 4 teams that have a winning record versus Boston, thus no onslaught of Boston fans here giving me any shit.

Could the O's actually sweep the Sawx in Boston?!? And the Royals beat the Indians again, but the bad news for O's fans is that the Indians now have the Astros on their schedule.

What is up with these Pirates, can't beat the damn Padres???

The Astros are not an automatic win. No way. They can hit and they can beat you. Expecially when Lyles pitches. We just have to keep winning. Tillman tonight so I like our chances. Then on to Tampa. Even if Cleveland gets in, we can still knock out Tampa on our own and Texas is falling apart on their own.

No doubt Cleveland has the easiest schedule. Their last 4 are at Minnesota but they have not quit playing and in fact have been decent at times lately. But if Cleveland is in, we can still knock both Tampa and Texas out. Texas will lose enough of their own games. We have Tampa head up and must take care of them. First we need to sweep the Red Sox

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Padres 31-10 at Pittsburgh in this stadium. Unreal. Pittsburgh cant beat the Padres. Strange. And the Orioles have won 6 of last 7 series in Boston. I want this sweep. Then we must go to Tampa. But their bats have not been hot. Texas has beaten themselves. I saw the highlights. Errors all over the place. Blown double plays. Our defense will not do that. We will have better pitching and we will hit bettter. We need to go down their and just take them one at a time and find a way. Valencia is one big help. I am for keeping this guy no matter what happens. He has really been a clutch hitter with some power.

The O's have 81 wins, so we won't have a losing season. That's a good thing...

(I'm trying to manage my expectations :) )

Esther, are you kidding me? You cannot be happy with just a winning record when you have a team this good. We are a playoff caliber team and even above that. we are right in the thick of the race. Nothing short of that wild card will make me happy. Or Buck or the rest of the team. We can sweep the Red Sox and then go in and beat Tampa 3 of 4. Then we keep winning and Texas will fall off the map on their own. End result, a one off vs the left handed batting Injuns. In which Tillman mows them down

ps we have 5 gold gloves on this team. the leading HR guy in baseball and maybe the RBI leader when its all said and done. Cabrera is like one ahead I believe?

NO NO NO. DAVIS HAS CAUGHT CABRERA!!!!!! 134 EACH RBI'S!!!!!!!! HEAR THAT BONGER?

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Well, if the O's do fall short you can count on each hand those blown saves by Johnson & point to that as the reason. Reds & Pirates this coming weekend could have some big implications. While those 2 beat each other up, the Nationals could sneak back into this playoff race...

Nats are toast, Paul.

And Rick of course I'll be much happier if we do make it. And I know we have the talent...it's just getting the other teams to roll over. So hard to count on the opposition to do that :)

Nats are toast, Paul.

And Rick of course I'll be much happier if we do make it. And I know we have the talent...it's just getting the other teams to roll over. So hard to count on the opposition to do that :)

Cleveland is the only problem. They have an easy schedule if there is such a thing. Houston and Minnesota can beat you. But lets say Cleveland gets in. We have Tampa head up and control our own destiny where they are concerned. As for Texas, they have not only fallen apart in epic proportions, we can count on them losing enough games if we win. And we own them in tie breakers. So in reality, we must try and knock Tampa out

Typical.

He is 4-0 vs Boston. Is that typical you numb skull? MLB analysts just made a very good point. It seems that Baltimore has the tougher schedule but it could be misleading. the last three vs Boston, it will be garbage time for Boston and they could sit their stars to avoid injury. Minnesota is going to go after Cleveland with no expectations and very loose