2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

I sure do like Torii Hunter playing left field for us. He may have lost a step, but he's still a speedster compared to most of the Tiger's lineup. Just watching him charge in for a couple of balls impressed the heck out of me. Omar Infante batting in the 9th spot is quite pleasing too. He makes contact and kills fastballs. He could bat 2nd, 5th, or 6th on most teams. You just can't deny our lineup. I think Phil Coke (a yankee scrap) will be our closer for awhile....and until he screws up, that works for me. He earned his shot after his performance in the ALCS. Curious to see how Brandon Boesch works out in a Yankees uniform. I'm predicting a release by June 1st.

Adam Jones first at bat a double off wall and here is my boy Weiters whose jersey I am wearing now

Its going its going its GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

WEITERS!!!!!! First Oriole to ever homer off Price. First at bat a homer. Orioles up 2-0 you non believin ho's

Weiters making Rick proud I imagine. Ole, Ole! :party:

In the cheap seats Paul!!!! What a start. Double by Jones. HR by Weiters. Got my new jersey on. This guy is going to make some fucking noise. A couple of surprise starts. I am surprised McClouth did not start in left. Roubold did. Hammel is mowing the fuckers down. I have McClouth on my fantasy team which is 90 percent Orioles anyway. LOL

We are out hitting them 7-2 but only lead 2-1. Price is at the 100 pitch mark. So I do not think he has alot of innings left. We must hope Hammel continues to pitch like he has. would be great to win this game from Price. Weiters is 2-2. HR and a double.

God I hate Bud Selig.

Why are the Angels opening the season playing Cincinnati? Starting with an interleague series is stupid...the Angels and Reds have no rivalry, there's no fan passion for the series.

The Angels should be opening with another AL team and the Reds with a NL team. Then, Bud and his idiots get it further fucked up by having the Angels open at Cincinnati instead of here at Angel Stadium. Result? It was 30° F. in Cincinnati. It's so simple, a child could figure it out...in March and early April when it is still cold in the East and Midwest, send the teams West at the beginning. No interleague play on the first day, either.

I didn't even watch or care about Sunday night's game. Opening Day means DAY GAMES to me, with most of the teams playing, so Monday was the real Opening Day, imo. MLB needs to go back to when the Cincinnati Reds were traditionally the first game on the schedule to open the season.

Fucking Bud and his clowns have messed up the All-Star game and now they have ruined the impact of Opening Day. Imbeciles!

3 run shot by Davis!!!! 7-3 Orioles baby!!!!!! Vs the Cy Young winner. Bring on your bitch ass's Yankees and Sox

its one fucking game chill out you crazy mf....cant wait for Os/ Sox series...To see how the Sox new roster stands up to the Os..enjoy the win :ahhh:

Well I am always happy to see the Yankees get pounded. Nice one. I may be a bit hard on Boston but its because they were so bad last year. I just do not know how a team can totally go from that to division champs in one year. That is all i am saying. This division is very very hard to pick this year the experts say. Guys like Peter Gammons and the MLB crew who I have some respect for. They did not pick the O's either as they seem to be on the Tampa wagon? Why I don know. Some are picking Toronto also. Dickey is going to give our teams hell. I think Baltimore is in the race. I will stand by that. Its the toughest call in baseball this division. I cant remember how long since the Yankees got this little respect.

I hit a nice parlay topped off by Atlanta. Escaped with my ass as I layed a run in all three games. Good contest on MLB.com/ Pick a player to get a hit daily. The Streak

King Felix is mowin them down in Oakland

I do loke Peter Gammons,he knows his shit but as far as Tampa goes I hate them,Baltimore is better than the rays for sure..

Well I am always happy to see the Yankees get pounded. Nice one. I may be a bit hard on Boston but its because they were so bad last year. I just do not know how a team can totally go from that to division champs in one year. That is all i am saying. This division is very very hard to pick this year the experts say. Guys like Peter Gammons and the MLB crew who I have some respect for. They did not pick the O's either as they seem to be on the Tampa wagon? Why I don know. Some are picking Toronto also. Dickey is going to give our teams hell. I think Baltimore is in the race. I will stand by that. Its the toughest call in baseball this division. I cant remember how long since the Yankees got this little respect.

I hit a nice parlay topped off by Atlanta. Escaped with my ass as I layed a run in all three games. Good contest on MLB.com/ Pick a player to get a hit daily. The Streak

King Felix is mowin them down in Oakland

I am cyked they beat up on the Yankees hope it continues..I do like Peter Gammons he knows the game inside out. When the Sox face Os it will be a good test for the Sox. I do agree that Baltimore will be a force this year like last year. I can not stand Tampa so Im glad the Os are beating them :peace:

Nice win for the O's, now in a few minutes I will hopefully be settling in for the Indians/Blue Jays game. Even though I don't believe in the Jays, I'm hoping Dickey has another good year. Hopefully that knuckleball will be dancing & doing tricks.

Of course I know it's a long season & I don't expect the Sawx to win the division but they might be better than advertised. Let's see how they do when they have to play the teams expected to be at the top of the AL East.

I wonder if MLB Extra Innings is still free today, I might get to watch Dickey pitch for the Blue Jays. Orioles/Rays is going to be on MLB Network, any fear of David Price for the O's fans reading this?

baseball-066.gif

thats what I want to see how they stack up against the The AL East and the rest of the American League, new roster, manager and attitude can only help them move on from 2 back to back shit years...

God I hate Bud Selig.

Why are the Angels opening the season playing Cincinnati? Starting with an interleague series is stupid...the Angels and Reds have no rivalry, there's no fan passion for the series.

The Angels should be opening with another AL team and the Reds with a NL team. Then, Bud and his idiots get it further fucked up by having the Angels open at Cincinnati instead of here at Angel Stadium. Result? It was 30° F. in Cincinnati. It's so simple, a child could figure it out...in March and early April when it is still cold in the East and Midwest, send the teams West at the beginning. No interleague play on the first day, either.

I didn't even watch or care about Sunday night's game. Opening Day means DAY GAMES to me, with most of the teams playing, so Monday was the real Opening Day, imo. MLB needs to go back to when the Cincinnati Reds were traditionally the first game on the schedule to open the season.

Fucking Bud and his clowns have messed up the All-Star game and now they have ruined the impact of Opening Day. Imbeciles!

This. All of this.

And...woohoo!!!!!

I am cyked they beat up on the Yankees hope it continues..I do like Peter Gammons he knows the game inside out. When the Sox face Os it will be a good test for the Sox. I do agree that Baltimore will be a force this year like last year. I can not stand Tampa so Im glad the Os are beating them :peace:

And beating Price is no small task. It was the game that worried me the most but I dove in and bet the Orioles. I am sky high on Miguel Gonzalez and I do not even think the O's brass have the confidence in him that I have. I hate the Yankees and then the Rays. I never disliked the Red Sox by the way. I am not real fond of Toronto. I think that they have to prove it on the field. The O's have done some proving on the field. Dickey willl be a bitch to face.. For all of our teams. How about my boy Matt Wieters? And that ground out was a super play or he may have been 3-3. Davis's three run shot took the life out of them. It was justice from those innings where we left so many stranded runnners.

Paul, your Mets could be a big surprise

And beating Price is no small task. It was the game that worried me the most but I dove in and bet the Orioles. I am sky high on Miguel Gonzalez and I do not even think the O's brass have the confidence in him that I have. I hate the Yankees and then the Rays. I never disliked the Red Sox by the way. I am not real fond of Toronto. I think that they have to prove it on the field. The O's have done some proving on the field. Dickey willl be a bitch to face.. For all of our teams. How about my boy Matt Wieters? And that ground out was a super play or he may have been 3-3. Davis's three run shot took the life out of them. It was justice from those innings where we left so many stranded runnners.

Paul, your Mets could be a big surprise

I hate the Yankees too but that goes without saying...

Blue Jays leaving a lot of runners on base. They loaded the bases & could only come away with 1 run. Dickey's been pretty good, but some passed balls cost him a few runs. Hopefully this Toronto offense will wake up & live up to all that preseason hype.

Blue Jays leaving a lot of runners on base. They loaded the bases & could only come away with 1 run. Dickey's been pretty good, but some passed balls cost him a few runs. Hopefully this Toronto offense will wake up & live up to all that preseason hype.

Now why would you want that to happen? You want Toronto? To win the division?

Archived