2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

For all you Los Angeles Dodgers fans (or haters of the Saint Louis Cardinals), it seems that it is not "in the Cards" for the Dodgers to make it to the 2013 World Series this year. Especially with Adam Wainwright pitching for the Cardinals in game 3. The Dodgers may win a game or two, but a game or two will not put them in the Series.

The only question is: Who will the Cardinals play? The Tigers or the Red Sox. No matter. The St.L Cardinals are going to win it all.

What did I tell you about the Dodgers never giving Kershaw any run support? Now LA has wasted two great efforts by its starting pitchers in the first two games, leaving them having to win 4 of the remaining 5 games, three of which will be in St. Louis, and two facing Adam Wainwright.

Even if the Dodgers win these next two at home, the odds are against it.

What are the odds we get two 1-0 playoff games on the same day? You don't usually see that, especially with an AL game.

Cards-Tigers WS getting closer to reality.

The thought of another Cards/Tigers Series just depresses the hell out of me, as if 2006 wasn't bad enough. Oi vey... smiley-sad006.gif

Tell me about it.

But look at it in a more positive light...hockey and basketball season just got closer.

Well, early indications say we are in store for a pitcher's duel tonight...

They always say good pitching beats good hitting and defense beats offense. The Red Sox were red hot at the plate but I think that its tough to keep up the pace, and the weather change may not help matters. The ball does not move as well in the cold. Advantage Tigers. I believe the Tigers are the most rounded team in baseball right now. The Dodgers need to regain that form they had. St Louis has had far better teams. So if they do upset the Dodgers, I believe they will be murdered in the series like the White Sox did to them back in 03. Tigers or Boston would have little trouble with them IMO. Buf if its the Dodgers, we have a series.

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE!!!

Can you believe how lucky New England sports fans are? They get not one, but TWO miracle come-from-planet Pluto wins in the same day. Crazy ridiculous.

First, I leave the New Orleans@Patriots game because I have to go to work right when the Saints scored to make it 24-23 with a couple minutes left. So I missed the crazy end to that game.

Then, after work, I'm going into the theatre thinking Detroit's got the game wrapped up leading 5-1, only to be stunned just now finding out the Red Sox won.

I'm looking forward to seeing the highlights on ESPN.

What the hell? Nobody watched the baseball game tonight? East coast bias! :P

Dodgers finally show up. It's a start but they still need to win tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be great...two baseball games with no football to distract attention away.

I wonder if Detroit will end up regretting not burying the Sawx when they had the chance. Being up 2-0 with Verlander pitching Game 3 would have been a big hole for Boston to try & climb out of, but it's 1-1, anybody's series now.

I am wondering if Verlander can pitch another gem like the last one? Detroit needs to bring their bats. But I believe Verlander will pitch well.

Archived