2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

The blown ball in the sun is going to cost us. Bases loaded and a routine pop up in the outfield with two outs was blown when it was 3-0. Both outfielders lost it in the sun. Now the ump calls a hit batter when it was a foul ball and the replay showed it never hit the fucker. One more inning to come back. Possible but I do not like the lineup he put in. Rested Wieters. Pearce has been a sack of shit so far.

Tampa score a shocker

What as good day in MLB,Sox crush the Jays Cleveland crushes the Rays and the Twinkies squeak by Baltimore

We beat ourselves with a dropped pop up. Dont get too giddy over one day. We are coming up there tomorrow. I am shocked that Price and Dickey got beat like that. We will show up at Fenway

Boom goes the dynamite! The Mets offense was woeful for 8 innings, but they come through in the bottom of the 9th. Clutch base hit by Marlon Byrd. Mets Win! :yes2:

I'm looking at the standings right now, Red Sox in first place, Twins in first, Rockies and D-backs tied for first. What the hell is going on? :blink:

But as always, it's early.

Boom goes the dynamite! The Mets offense was woeful for 8 innings, but they come through in the bottom of the 9th. Clutch base hit by Marlon Byrd. Mets Win! :yes2:

I'm looking at the standings right now, Red Sox in first place, Twins in first, Rockies and D-backs tied for first. What the hell is going on? :blink:

But as always, it's early.

Nice one for the Mets...even if it was a bit ugly at times. Still a "W", no matter what! :thumbsup:

We beat ourselves with a dropped pop up. Dont get too giddy over one day. We are coming up there tomorrow. I am shocked that Price and Dickey got beat like that. We will show up at Fenway

a loss is a loss thats it NO EXCUSES PLEASE. Dickeys knucleball is dead...

a loss is a loss thats it NO EXCUSES PLEASE. Dickeys knucleball is dead...

Perhaps, the Mets made the right move to not resign him, even though he did win the Cy Young. But it's early. But Dickey was up and down, the second half of the year, but mostly good.

Perhaps, the Mets made the right move to not resign him, even though he did win the Cy Young. But it's early. But Dickey was up and down, the second half of the year, but mostly good.

I know its early in the season he will find his magic soon..

I for one would love to still have Dickey on the Mets staff, he'll figure it out, I hope. I'm not a Blue Jays fan but I'm pulling for R.A., he's a solid guy & as I said before both Dickey and David Price have ERAs over 8, incredible.

Verlander got touched up a bit today, but looking at the box score, he only gave up 3 runs. I think I heard a stat on MLB Network that Verlander has never started a season 2-0, amazing. A lot of top flight pitchers went down today, including Matt Cain of the Giants who got beat up by the Cards.

I for one would love to still have Dickey on the Mets staff, he'll figure it out, I hope. I'm not a Blue Jays fan but I'm pulling for R.A., he's a solid guy & as I said before both Dickey and David Price have ERAs over 8, incredible.

Verlander got touched up a bit today, but looking at the box score, he only gave up 3 runs. I think I heard a stat on MLB Network that Verlander has never started a season 2-0, amazing. A lot of top flight pitchers went down today, including Matt Cain of the Giants who got beat up by the Cards.

You're probably right Paul. regarding Dickey. But he'll be 38 this year. Amazing that a pitcher found his groove after the age of 35. Well fairly young for most but not baseball. About Tiger Wood's age and possibly older than you Paul. Not sure if he likes Popeye's or Taco Bell! Always love your input on this thread Paul!

The beauty of baseball. A guy is near perfect one game, then has control issues the next.

That's why it isn't a perfect sport or a player to that regard you'll never find. Can be said about any sport I suppose. Just find Baseball more diverse in this regard and never no what to expect even with 162 big ones!

Archived